Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1038

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

  1. #761
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    @jerboat

  2. #762
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Sounds like the knicks went to bargaining 101. we won't give you shumpert! We can't give you shumpert! We won't give you shumpert! okay, we'll give you shumpert.
    It was always ludicrous to think the Knicks would pass on Nash so they could keep Shumpert. Yes, two time MVP and Hall of Famer or a role player who is the fifth or sixth best player on the Knicks.

    By the way, there's a lesson for Raptors fans in this and in what Brooklyn did with Williams. One that Raptor management hasn't learned.

  3. #763
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote zulfi wrote: View Post
    Does Nash get booed when he comes to the ACC? :|
    Well, not his fault people love their team so much it actually pains them to miss out on his skills ... certainly adds an interesting layer to his image here.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  4. #764
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    Kind of hard to get an insiders view when you can't talk to him before July 1st. That's like saying BC should have known he wouldn't accept our generous offer, and not bothered trying because now I'm disappointed. Come on get real
    l mean is this the first time we learned about Nash's wife's preference to NY?
    lf not then how come BC still made that offer to Fields, even after the fact that Nash always mentioned family considerations, quality of life, etc, etc.

  5. #765
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    Money over family?

  6. #766
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    Of course they are. I posted earlier, I believe they'll go as high as they can under the rules. $45, $50, whatever. They are the guy at the poker room at the Imperial Palace who is betting the rent money and the entire checking account looking for a score, so you may as well throw in the savings account and the cookie jar, too.

  7. #767
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote zulfi wrote: View Post
    Does Nash get booed when he comes to the ACC? :|
    Call me immature, but I'll be booing. My very best VC/Hedo, angst filled castigation will be cascading down from the rafters.

    I'm tired of making excuses for Steve Nash. He's screwed Canada before, he's screwing us again.

  8. #768
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Knicks In Lead To Acquire Steve Nash

    The Knicks have become the frontrunners to sign Steve Nash, according to sources.

    Nash and the Knicks are in discussions on a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million.

    New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Nash in a sign-and-trade.

    Nash is enthusiastic about joining Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.

    The Raptors offered Nash a three-year, $36 million deal at the start of free agency. Toronto also agreed to an offer sheet with Landry Fields, which took him off the table for the Knicks to include in a package for Nash.

    Despite the possible addition of Nash, New York still intends to match any offer Jeremy Lin receives on the open market.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ire_Steve_Nash

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kn...teve-nash.html

  9. #769
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Call me immature, but I'll be booing. My very best VC/Hedo, angst filled castigation will be cascading down from the rafters.

    I'm tired of making excuses for Steve Nash. He's screwed Canada before, he's screwing us again.
    lf BC gets Dragic/ Lowry as a result of this, will you still boo Nash?

  10. #770
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    This is just going to make his rejection all the more embarrassing for everyone involved.

  11. #771
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i just went to NYC and I've been there 3 times before. I don't know what nash's wife see's that i don't. NYC is garbage and most of the people there are assholes. I'm not just being a homer its true, the roads are messed up, the people are messed up, and the crime rate is way higher than Toronto.

  12. #772
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    l mean is this the first time we learned about Nash's wife's preference to NY?
    lf not then how come BC still made that offer to Fields, even after the fact that Nash always mentioned family considerations, quality of life, etc, etc.
    doesnt really make sense tho...how come this wasnt an issue when nash was playing in phx? honestly i think he is just gonna use it as an excuse...NY is his summer home last i heard the nba season ends before the summer

  13. #773
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    lf BC gets Dragic/ Lowry as a result of this, will you still boo Nash?
    Oh, definitely. Of course, I'll be very pleased if we end up with either of those two. It's Nash's actions I'm booing, not the coinciding end result of those actions.

    Put it this way: if Nash rejects Toronto, it won't be because he thinks we're better off with Dragic/Lowry.

  14. #774
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    New York is awesome. The city I mean. If he wanted a clean cookie cutter boring city he would stay in Phoenix.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  15. #775
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    Now I am starting to get pissed. I suppose they dont get the message and ready to grovel. Fuck that. It is obvious NY is Nash's first choice. Let it be unless he comes back to you.

  16. #776
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i just went to NYC and I've been there 3 times before. I don't know what nash's wife see's that i don't. NYC is garbage and most of the people there are assholes. I'm not just being a homer its true, the roads are messed up, the people are messed up, and the crime rate is way higher than Toronto.
    lol, I'm sure the home you visited, and the home Nash chooses are in drastically different neighbourhoods
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  17. #777
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    New York is awesome. The city I mean. If he wanted a clean cookie cutter boring city he would stay in Phoenix.
    Its not that great...

  18. #778
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    jamarisjustice:

    Carmelo Anthony to Steve Nash: “Steve, go stand in the corner till I finish dribbling and decide if I need to take this contested 20 footer!”
    lol, pretty much.

  19. #779
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    It was always ludicrous to think the Knicks would pass on Nash so they could keep Shumpert. Yes, two time MVP and Hall of Famer or a role player who is the fifth or sixth best player on the Knicks.

    By the way, there's a lesson for Raptors fans in this and in what Brooklyn did with Williams. One that Raptor management hasn't learned.
    What is the lesson?

    The Nets make a huge risk and it paid off. What would happen if it did not work out?

    The Knicks are going to be hard capped at $74M with 5 players making $65M if the rumour of matching the Lin contact are true. They are making a huge risk but what happens if multiple injuries occur or the chemistry is just not right?

    The Raptors made huge risks for JO and Turk - they did not work out.

    It appears to me, BC has learned the lessons he just has not had the luck to make a huge risk work.

  20. #780
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Now I am starting to get pissed. I suppose they dont get the message and ready to grovel. Fuck that. It is obvious NY is Nash's first choice. Let it be unless he comes back to you.
    Yup, increasing the offer is a horrible, horrible move. No matter what happens, Colangelo has lost.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •