Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Miami is the greatest place on earth.
    l still hate the basketball team tho.
    I do believe you are missing the point. Miami is not iconic but has a shallowness to it. If its sun, sand and bikinis you want, great.

Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Sometimes I feel like this team is hexed. We can't seem to catch a break :/
    lt's hard being in Canada.
    The only way is to develop through the draft ala Minnesota and Memphis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I do believe you are missing the point. Miami is not iconic but has a shallowness to it. If its sun, sand and bikinis you want, great.
    Exactly, my point bro.
    How else would you want your life lived?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't raise the offer, let Nash go to NY with Melo hogging the ball and we use the money on a younger point guard next year (i.e keep Jose for the year)

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
    We're all upset about this, but you have to acknowledge that NYC is often regarded as the greatest city in the world. Living there has a real appeal to A LOT of people. The only cities more/as iconic would be, what... Paris? Tokyo? London?
    I've lived in London, across the river from NYC in Jersey, and been to Tokyo at least a half dozen times..

NYC doesnt even come close to London or Tokyo... i'll give them Paris though, because.... screw the french.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't we just continue to tank and continue drafting talents until we grab Andrew Wiggins?

Post Thanks / Like

So the Knicks has a big 4 now?
    I guess you can say that in a way although I don't really consider Chandler to be good enough to be part of the big 4 especially from what I saw from him in the playoffs. Thought I have to say that they have a huge hole in the SG position especially if Fields does come to Toronto.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lt's hard being in Canada.
    The only way is to develop through the draft ala Minnesota and Memphis.
    Minnesota is about to get Batum, probably the most coveted SF in free agency. The problem isn't location. The problem is that we do not have a winning franchise. There are two ways to lure free agents in sports - money and winning.

Problem with money is that there are cap restrictions on every team in the NBA, so basically every team can afford around the same amount of money theoretically. That's why cities like NY/LA, etc can get the top players because those players can have their cake and eat it as well.

The other is winning. Bluejays were winning, and were able to get top notch free agents. My hope was to get Nash to help get us there, but that doesn't seem likely anymore. Not sure what plan B is, but I'd probably start by acclimating Stefanski as our new GM.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you can say that in a way although I don't really consider Chandler to be good enough to be part of the big 4 especially from what I saw from him in the playoffs. Thought I have to say that they have a huge hole in the SG position especially if Fields does come to Toronto.
    lF that ballhog can change his game, NY can go head to head with Miami pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

lF that ballhog can change his game, NY can go head to head with Miami pretty soon.
    "IF" being the key word in that statement.

Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Imperial wrote: View Post
    Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.
    Couldn't agree more...

Post Thanks / Like

If Houston signs Lin to a large offer sheet and someone else does the same to Novak...correct me if I'm wrong but they won't have the cap space again will they?

Post Thanks / Like

"IF" being the key word in that statement.
    He must be thinking hard about his game right now,
    with what LeBron has accomplished since he was able to asses his game and improved on it.
    There's no way he should dominate the ball with Nash orchestrating the offense.

Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose we as Raptors fans could just go blind with rage and continue a trend of saying "Fu*k the Knicks." Calderon can still shore up the PG position...I don't really know what would be worth trying to get that other teams don't already have a hold on. I mean sure Dragic/Lowry would be a minor consolation. (We'd probably have to grossly overpay them to get them anyway)

We need a stronger wing, but now we are loaded with mediocre talent. If Steve Nash didn't want to come, no halfway decent wing is going to come here. (In addition to being on the hook for Fields at about 19M)
    Last edited by Imperial; Wed Jul 4th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Minnesota is about to get Batum, probably the most coveted SF in free agency. The problem isn't location. The problem is that we do not have a winning franchise. There are two ways to lure free agents in sports - money and winning.

Problem with money is that there are cap restrictions on every team in the NBA, so basically every team can afford around the same amount of money theoretically. That's why cities like NY/LA, etc can get the top players because those players can have their cake and eat it as well.

The other is winning. Bluejays were winning, and were able to get top notch free agents. My hope was to get Nash to help get us there, but that doesn't seem likely anymore. Not sure what plan B is, but I'd probably start by acclimating Stefanski as our new GM.
    Minny is still a US team.
    And Batum is French.
    Americans prefer to play in the US where they get less tax and can play closer to home.

Post Thanks / Like

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Beyond any sign-and-trade talks, Mavericks remain in talks w/Steve Nash as well, sources say. I'm told Raps aren't conceding yet, either

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Beyond any sign-and-trade talks, Mavericks remain in talks w/Steve Nash as well, sources say. I'm told Raps aren't conceding yet, either
    This is going to get ugly...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Nash has instructed teams to work out their deals with Phoenix, so that everything is in place when he makes his decision. The last thing he'd want is to pick a team, only to run into a snag during the S&T negotiations that causes him or either franchise to come away having egg on their face. Maybe this really is all just due dilligence on the part of the NYKs???

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Maybe Nash has instructed teams to work out their deals with Phoenix, so that everything is in place when he makes his decision. The last thing he'd want is to pick a team, only to run into a snag during the S&T negotiations that causes him or either franchise to come away having egg on their face. Maybe this really is all just due dilligence on the part of the NYKs???
    The ex-wife story makes me think otherwise.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information