No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to add any fuel to this fire.. but Robert Randolph is apparently close friends to Dolan. He tweeted the following:

Source - @rrtfb:

steve nash has agreed to play for the #nyknicks!!!!! #3peat #dynasty!!!!
    He apparently announced Melo's signing to NY before anyone else. Hopefully this is crap.

Comment

• fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...why is nobody else picking up on this? Must be fake it was tweeted four hours ago
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I hope BC has a solid plan B otherwise he's going to get absolutely killed
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...why is nobody else picking up on this? Must be fake it was tweeted four hours ago
          Didn't notice the time of posting. Interesting. I'm gonna wait for a few more credible sources (ESPN etc.) before I punch a hole in my wall.

Comment

• Here's a question: Does BC up the offer? $45 million over 3 years? How high can he conceivably go?

Just based on my personal business experience, desperate buyers make irrational decisions. BC needs to make this happen. It's not just his job that's on the line here but the his personal reputation and the organization's. If he can't get the GOAT Canadian to sign as a FA when he's got more money than anyone else, what the hell can he do? What can Toronto do? He needs this deal to happen. This isn't over yet....

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I hope BC has a solid plan B otherwise he's going to get absolutely killed
              Then when he respawns, he'l' be killed again

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                Didn't notice the time of posting. Interesting. I'm gonna wait for a few more credible sources (ESPN etc.) before I punch a hole in my wall.
                I punched a whole in the wall before I saw the 4 hours ago thing... I'm likely just going to expand it when it is confirmed
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Here's a question: Does BC up the offer? $45 million over 3 years? How high can he conceivably go?

Just based on my personal business experience, desperate buyers make irrational decisions. BC needs to make this happen. It's not just his job that's on the line here but the his personal reputation and the organization's. If he can't get the GOAT Canadian of all time to sign as a FA when he's got more money than anyone else, what the hell can he do? What can Toronto do? He needs this deal to happen. This isn't over yet....
                  I wouldn't want him to go any higher. If Nash doesn't want to come to TO at 12 Million a year, then fuck him

Comment

• FYI Berman deleted the tweet confirming Randolphs report.

From Knicksworld:
                    BREAKING NEWS: Marc Berman says via Twitter that the Knicks are “closing in” on a sign-and-trade for Steve Nash. He says Robert Randolph’s tweet “looks right.”

If this includes Shumpert I will kill someone.

Update: Strangely, Berman has now deleted that Tweet. Either that means a sign-and-trade isn’t going down, or he was saving that one for later.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I punched a whole in the wall before I saw the 4 hours ago thing... I'm likely just going to expand it when it is confirmed
                      No kidding. Thank goodness for cheap drywall.

Comment

• Maybe ESPN and Yahoo are taking the day off for the 4th of July?

Nahhhhhhh
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Lakers can offer Nash big money via S&T too

The Lakers are trying to land Nash, though it would have to be via trade and not free agency because they can offer him only $3 million next season, the “mini” mid-level exception.

The Lakers could try to acquire him via the $9 million traded-player exception they received from the Lamar Odom trade last season. Trade exceptions are hard to explain, but the Lakers would have to entice the Suns to sign Nash for $9 million in the first season of a new contract and then trade him to the Lakers for a draft pick.

Nash, a free agent after spending the last eight seasons in Phoenix, has already been offered a three-year deal with the Toronto Raptors for about $36 million.
                          http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3998936.story

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                            No kidding. Thank goodness for cheap drywall.
                            being a Raptors fan I get a fantastic discount at Home Depot. Apparently they go through a lot from Novemeber to April

Comment

• If $12M doesn't cut it, no thank you Steve.

I respect his right to go where he wants but this flies in the face of his many public comments about money (most Knicks can do is $8M I believe), old school, growth of sport in Canada to name a few.

Comment

• Quick, do the Lakers have any RFAs Colangelo can sign for $20 million?

Comment

Working...
                                X