Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    NY Newsday reporting raps are going to increase offer to Nash
    Of course they are. I posted earlier, I believe they'll go as high as they can under the rules. $45, $50, whatever. They are the guy at the poker room at the Imperial Palace who is betting the rent money and the entire checking account looking for a score, so you may as well throw in the savings account and the cookie jar, too.

Comment

• zulfi wrote: View Post
      Does Nash get booed when he comes to the ACC? :|
      Call me immature, but I'll be booing. My very best VC/Hedo, angst filled castigation will be cascading down from the rafters.

I'm tired of making excuses for Steve Nash. He's screwed Canada before, he's screwing us again.

Comment

• Knicks In Lead To Acquire Steve Nash

The Knicks have become the frontrunners to sign Steve Nash, according to sources.

Nash and the Knicks are in discussions on a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million.

New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Nash in a sign-and-trade.

Nash is enthusiastic about joining Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.

The Raptors offered Nash a three-year, $36 million deal at the start of free agency. Toronto also agreed to an offer sheet with Landry Fields, which took him off the table for the Knicks to include in a package for Nash.

Despite the possible addition of Nash, New York still intends to match any offer Jeremy Lin receives on the open market.
        http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ire_Steve_Nash

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kn...teve-nash.html

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
          Call me immature, but I'll be booing. My very best VC/Hedo, angst filled castigation will be cascading down from the rafters.

I'm tired of making excuses for Steve Nash. He's screwed Canada before, he's screwing us again.
          lf BC gets Dragic/ Lowry as a result of this, will you still boo Nash?

Comment

This is just going to make his rejection all the more embarrassing for everyone involved.

Comment

• i just went to NYC and I've been there 3 times before. I don't know what nash's wife see's that i don't. NYC is garbage and most of the people there are assholes. I'm not just being a homer its true, the roads are messed up, the people are messed up, and the crime rate is way higher than Toronto.

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
                l mean is this the first time we learned about Nash's wife's preference to NY?
                lf not then how come BC still made that offer to Fields, even after the fact that Nash always mentioned family considerations, quality of life, etc, etc.
                doesnt really make sense tho...how come this wasnt an issue when nash was playing in phx? honestly i think he is just gonna use it as an excuse...NY is his summer home last i heard the nba season ends before the summer

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
                  lf BC gets Dragic/ Lowry as a result of this, will you still boo Nash?
                  Oh, definitely. Of course, I'll be very pleased if we end up with either of those two. It's Nash's actions I'm booing, not the coinciding end result of those actions.

Put it this way: if Nash rejects Toronto, it won't be because he thinks we're better off with Dragic/Lowry.

Comment

• New York is awesome. The city I mean. If he wanted a clean cookie cutter boring city he would stay in Phoenix.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Now I am starting to get pissed. I suppose they dont get the message and ready to grovel. Fuck that. It is obvious NY is Nash's first choice. Let it be unless he comes back to you.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        i just went to NYC and I've been there 3 times before. I don't know what nash's wife see's that i don't. NYC is garbage and most of the people there are assholes. I'm not just being a homer its true, the roads are messed up, the people are messed up, and the crime rate is way higher than Toronto.
                        lol, I'm sure the home you visited, and the home Nash chooses are in drastically different neighbourhoods

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                          New York is awesome. The city I mean. If he wanted a clean cookie cutter boring city he would stay in Phoenix.
                          Its not that great...

Comment

• jamarisjustice:

Carmelo Anthony to Steve Nash: “Steve, go stand in the corner till I finish dribbling and decide if I need to take this contested 20 footer!”
                            lol, pretty much.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              It was always ludicrous to think the Knicks would pass on Nash so they could keep Shumpert. Yes, two time MVP and Hall of Famer or a role player who is the fifth or sixth best player on the Knicks.

By the way, there's a lesson for Raptors fans in this and in what Brooklyn did with Williams. One that Raptor management hasn't learned.
                              What is the lesson?

The Nets make a huge risk and it paid off. What would happen if it did not work out?

The Knicks are going to be hard capped at $74M with 5 players making $65M if the rumour of matching the Lin contact are true. They are making a huge risk but what happens if multiple injuries occur or the chemistry is just not right?

The Raptors made huge risks for JO and Turk - they did not work out.

It appears to me, BC has learned the lessons he just has not had the luck to make a huge risk work.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Now I am starting to get pissed. I suppose they dont get the message and ready to grovel. Fuck that. It is obvious NY is Nash's first choice. Let it be unless he comes back to you.
                                Yup, increasing the offer is a horrible, horrible move. No matter what happens, Colangelo has lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X