Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Bayless has shown his potential to run the team very well. I.e last season vs the Knicks when he has like 20 points and 8 assists or something like that, when Jose was injured last season, he stepped up and did what he was told to do. And since this team is looking at young guys, from the ground up, Bayless may not BE the Ideal guy, but with his potential, he can be He just hasn't had the opportunity to "Jeremy Lin."
    Nope
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
      Anybody like Marvin Williams? I read a report saying that he's looking to move to a team that would give him a bigger role.
      I read that report as well and Toronto was the first place I thought of, I think Marvin is a player who has yet to reach his full potential and could very well excel with an expanded role. He was thought of as a potential superstar coming out of the draft and has really been no more than a third option on a talented Hawks team.

Comment

Maybe after the draft and we see what we end up with. I'd rather a MKG/Miller/Barnes at SF but if we fall out of the top 5ish and don't get our SF trough the draft.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Nope
          So you honestly don't want to see what Bayless can actually do? Give him a chance, if he doesn't prove it, bury him behind a better young point guard or ship him.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

He's already proven he can't run the point
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's already proven he can't run the point
              Enlighten me, because the team thinks without him they lose his extra scoring ability, explosiveness, and defense.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

You kind of just answered yourself there
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You kind of just answered yourself there
                  not really. You said he can't run the point he just stated things the team misses when he's not there. Bayless can run the point its just that people look at his scoring 1st and label him a scorer. Thats like me looking at Russel Westbrook and saying he's a scorer and he can't run the point, which is exactly what 90% of the people on this forum do. If you put Jerryd bayless in Jeremy Lin's position his output might be better than lins. Considering JB is far more athletic, better shooter, and stronger. He's an incredible scorer but I'll admit he isn't a great play maker. I think if he worked with the coaches more and maybe got some tips from jose and AC he could become a decent play maker, maybe 5 - 7 APG. He hasn't been that healthy this year and he played great the second half of last season. He still deserves a chance IMO

Comment

he has put up 4 or more assists multiple times this season its just a matter of looking for teammates more. His quickness and scoring mentality can actually help with that. As it will confuse defenders when he's driving to the rim and as he's driving he can dish it in to an Ed davis or throw it out to an open LK, Bargs or DeMar

Comment

Bayless can't manage a game. If you can't see that, you don't understand the game. Sorry, but the whole "just give him a chance" thing is so old. He's had chances everywhere he's been in the NBA, and he has never shown the ability to manage a game the way you need your lead guard to do.

He can score. Let's leave it at that. He'll never be an effective starting PG in the NBA.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                        Anybody like Marvin Williams? I read a report saying that he's looking to move to a team that would give him a bigger role.
                        Marvin Williams is not a starter-quality player in my opinion and that gives me 7.5 million reasons to not want him on the Raptors.

Comment

Ok I have been a Bayless fan for a few years but watching him play this year he does not facilitate the offense assists or no. I had high hopes of him coming into this season but as a PG I shudder watching him in that pos. He COULD dish it when he drives but he has very little court awareness to pay attention to an open man.
                          I admit I had him high on my list of who should be our starting PG moving forward, but changed my tune. Sorry to have jumped the fence this year and I hope to see him figure it out. Just don't see it.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            he has put up 4 or more assists multiple times this season its just a matter of looking for teammates more. His quickness and scoring mentality can actually help with that. As it will confuse defenders when he's driving to the rim and as he's driving he can dish it in to an Ed davis or throw it out to an open LK, Bargs or DeMar
                            I agree ppl in this forum need to accept what kind of PG Bayless is. That's a score first PG, doesn't mean he can't run a team. That's why I hope Calderon get traded soon. They'll have no choice to start Bayless and see if his a starter in this league.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              not really. You said he can't run the point he just stated things the team misses when he's not there. Bayless can run the point its just that people look at his scoring 1st and label him a scorer. Thats like me looking at Russel Westbrook and saying he's a scorer and he can't run the point, which is exactly what 90% of the people on this forum do. If you put Jerryd bayless in Jeremy Lin's position his output might be better than lins. Considering JB is far more athletic, better shooter, and stronger. He's an incredible scorer but I'll admit he isn't a great play maker. I think if he worked with the coaches more and maybe got some tips from jose and AC he could become a decent play maker, maybe 5 - 7 APG. He hasn't been that healthy this year and he played great the second half of last season. He still deserves a chance IMO
                              I don't see Bayless ever being a good starting PG option on a slow tempo offense like the Raptors have currently. Jerryd does not make good decisions in half court sets and hoping he can learn to find his teammates while driving to the hoop is just that, hoping.

I would not mind seeing him back in a Raptors uniform next year if Barbosa signs elsewhere and Jerryd accepts a salary lower than the qualifying offer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                How many times does one have to remind people you can do more with cap space than sign free agents?

In this post I even say: '...something gets done through free agency or trade (most likely trade) with the extra cap space.'

I don't mean to snap but cap space is not strictly for free agency.
                                I know, it would certainly be easier to acquire a good player say .... (putting cap on) .... (who does Matt like) .... RUDY GAY if we had additional cap space!

Comment

Working...
                                X