Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Haha Touche.

Whether or not Jonas is enough to sell Nash on playing here, I have no idea.
    I'd guess not, though.

Now if you were talking about Kabongo, his Pick and Roll isn't nearly as polished. haha
    There is more to sell Nash on than just JV.... much more.

Hhaha, I forgot about Kabongo. My hint wasn't nearly as clear as I thought. Maybe the new hint is: the most valuable Canadian.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      There is more to sell Nash on than just JV.... much more.
      But is there actually though?

Besides the whole "Canadian playing in Canada! They will love you forever! There will be Streets and Arenas named after you!!"?

I guess maybe Bargs, but it's not like we have a Blake Griffin where Point Guards are clamouring to play with him.

Comment

Besides the whole "Canadian playing in Canada! They will love you forever! There will be Streets and Arenas named after you!!"?

I guess maybe Bargs, but it's not like we have a Blake Griffin where Point Guards are clamouring to play with him.

Look at what he did with Channing Frye. C'mon man. Get that garbage outta here! lol

Comment

• Portland is not trading Batum. If they move a wing it will be Wes Matthews. As for Oden...how long does a guy need to show that he is perennially injured before people start saying "if he gets healthy"
          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Let's see. Nash could pass to Bargs, season % 0.476, Kleiza, season % 0.445, Amir, season % 0.584, JJ, Season % 0.447, Demar, season % 0.462, Ed Davis, season % 0.494, + JV and some young stud from the draft. Doesn't seem like such a bad deal.

Comment

Calderon for a Top 20 pick is not worth it in my opinion.
              We'd need something besides the pick coming back our way I'd imagine.

And its not just 'Jose passing to a rookie and making him look good'.
              Its Jose being the Consumate Floor Leader that he is and helping transition a young Big Man into the NBA the BEST way possible.
              And thats by teaching him on the floor. And Jose does that better than almost anyone in the league.
              I'm a big Jose fan, but unfortunately as good as Jose might make JV look on one end of the floor, he will absolutely destroy him on the other end. Know what I mean?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I voted for 'minor tweak(s)' in the poll.

If the poll was asking for what I think will happen between now and the start of next season, then obviously my vote would have been for 'major change(s). I don't think BC is looking to add an impact player to the core of the team during the season, as it would undermine the goal of building through the 2012 draft (ie: hurt the building *cough* tanking *cough* process).

The most likely moves I see the Raptors making this season, ahead of the trade deadline are all related to dumping non-core pieces for draft picks, cap space and expiring contracts. In other words, nothing significant.

These are the only types of moves I expect to happen before the trade deadline. I wouldn't be suprised if they all happened, nor would I be surprised if only one or even none of them did.
                - Barbosa for a late 1st round pick
                - Calderon for cap space and mid-late 1st round pick
                - Bayless for 2nd round pick
                - Davis for early-mid 1st round pick OR Amir for mid-late 1st round pick
                - Butler for 2nd round pick (conditional anything or essentially nothing)
                - Carter for 2nd round pick (conditional anything or essentially nothing)

I could see BC holding onto assets like Bayless and Amir/Davis, with the intention of turning them (and who knows what else, possibly even DeRozan) into a single, more proven asset (ie: Gay/Mayo from Memphis, Batum, etc...) between the trade deadline and the start of training camp.
                A major trade/signing now will not necessarily change our record significantly (See Nets with Deron Williams). However by addressing at least 1 soft point now via trade would allow us to:
                1. Use the pick for solid bench;
                2. No need to "rush" new player (or Val);
                3. Can use 2012 draft choice + existing player(s) for another major signing/trade (Eg Calderon+1st for Parker or Rondo or Mayo or ?????????);
                4. IF we make solid improvements (& a lot stars align -Eg Howard to LA or GS) -would this appeal to Deron Williams?
                I know I am dreaming, but beats the hell out of planning for 2013 lotery.

Comment

• Nash from 5 years ago for sure. Nash in 2012 at the age of 38, not really. Also is it really fair to Nash to put pressure on him (at 38) to lift this team to a playoff team. I think Nash deserves to go to a contender (if he wants to).
                  Last edited by Mapko; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                    However by addressing at least 1 soft point now via trade would allow us to:
                    3. Can use 2012 draft choice + existing player(s) for another major signing/trade (Eg Calderon+1st for Parker or Rondo or Mayo or ?????????);
                    I like idea of getting Rondo for Jose and Pick, but about Mayo? Are you sure it's move forward?
                    Last edited by japetas; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 09:01 AM.
                    (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      he will absolutely destroy him on the other end. Know what I mean?
                      Fair. However, its alot easier to have a Defensively Weak guard, when you have a Legitimate Shot Blocker under the basket. Which I consider JV to be. And it's not like Nash is a defensive stopper. Especially at 38.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Let's see. Nash could pass to Bargs, season % 0.476, Kleiza, season % 0.445, Amir, season % 0.584, JJ, Season % 0.447, Demar, season % 0.462, Ed Davis, season % 0.494, + JV and some young stud from the draft. Doesn't seem like such a bad deal.
                        Do you really think that Nash would read that list, beside the other potential Rosters, and shudder with Anticipation? Lol

I love my Raps, and LOVE Nash, but I'm just being realistic. I'd rather see him get a Championship.

Comment

Do you really think that Nash would read that list, beside the other potential Rosters, and shudder with Anticipation? Lol

I love my Raps, and LOVE Nash, but I'm just being realistic. I'd rather see him get a Championship.
                          The big question would be does he want to go to a contender enough to eat $6-$8 million of his own salary and play with the players and environment he would find himself in. He has a lot of options. I have no clue what is most important to him.

Comment

• So now that we're out of the WC race we shouldn't expect anything to happen today right?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              So now that we're out of the WC race we shouldn't expect anything to happen today right?
                              The day is not over! It has just begun!

But in all seriousness, I would be shocked if anything happened today.

Comment

• Somebody wake me up on march 15
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X