Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That's actually not a bad deal.

LAL - Obviously the get Howard. But who would play PF for them, McRoberts? I imagine they'd look at another deal, but that's their problem.

ORL - A pretty solid haul for them to get a young C and the veteran Spanish PF/PG dual of Gasol & Calderon.

TOR - In the bottom deal you linked to, it seems like Toronto would get a TPE for Calderon, in addition to whatever draft pick(s) they would get. I would expect at least one 1st round pick to go along with the TPE that would be generated.

There have been rumours that the Lakers are interested in Rasheed Wallace. I am NOT saying that would be the answer but it would certainly provide depth. It would also give the Lakers 3 PF's who can rebound and shoot the 3: McBob, Rasheed, and Troy Murphy.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Crazy days ahead! Keep in mind this is just a rumour!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=78u5574

What would the Raptors get out of it?

1) It keeps Howard and, inevitably, Williams out of Brooklyn and the Atlantic division.
      2) I am going to speculate Redick is the piece going to Toronto and he is a solid backup PG - 3 and D. He was on a front loaded contract and next year is the last year at $6M. This gives the Raptors an extra $4.5M next year in cap space.
      3) I am also going to speculate some draft picks are going to Toronto: either Orlando's and/or 1 of the 2 first round picks LAL has.

*EDIT*

Keep in mind, if the rumour was true of course, the Raptors could get involved in the trade and receive no contracts in return.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=857xy49

Keep in mind they mentioned March 1st. That would imply, to me, that a player signed this off season would be included. Those players on each team are:

ORL: Glen Davis, J-Rich, Earl Clark, and Von Wafer

LAL: McBob, Kapono, Troy Murphy

TOR: Gray, Forbes, Magloire, Carter, Butler

The bolded above are the player I would think likely to be traded.

Keep in mind this is just one of many rumours sure to be put out in the next 4 days.

Comment

• Calderon to Orlando?

There's a rumor circulating involving Howard, where the deal actually will come down March 1. It goes something like this: The Magic send Howard, SF Hedo Turkoglu and Nelson to the Lakers; the Magic receive Bynum and Gasol. The salaries are close to matching up, making the deal work. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending PG José Calderon to Orlando. Could be a great deal for the Magic, under the circumstances. There are some obvious holes in the scenario or scenarios. For one, what do the Raptors get out of it? But the biggest hole is this: Howard is apparently cool on joining Kobe in L.A.

The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando. Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Crazy days ahead! Keep in mind this is just a rumour!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=78u5574

What would the Raptors get out of it?

1) It keeps Howard and, inevitably, Williams out of Brooklyn and the Atlantic division.
          2) I am going to speculate Redick is the piece going to Toronto and he is a solid backup PG - 3 and D. He was on a front loaded contract and next year is the last year at $6M. This gives the Raptors an extra $4.5M next year in cap space.
          3) I am also going to speculate some draft picks are going to Toronto: either Orlando's and/or 1 of the 2 first round picks LAL has.

*EDIT*

Keep in mind, if the rumour was true of course, the Raptors could get involved in the trade and receive no contracts in return.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=857xy49
          When did Redick become a PG? I like him fine, but he is a SG.

Comment

• http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...ynum-pau-gasol
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• not sure what wed get from orlando but it prob. be something like JJ reddick + 1st round pick atleast since even after the laker trade orlando would still be over the cap & have to send some salary to us...

Comment

• I bet we get Devin Ebanks and a 1st round pick either , lal or dallas'.

that would be great for us . i remember Ebanks being a good prospect and he has been working with kobe.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  I bet we get Devin Ebanks and a 1st round pick either , lal or dallas'.

that would be great for us . i remember Ebanks being a good prospect and he has been working with kobe.
                  I don't think so. We have way too many forwards and raptors want and will need a back up point. They most likely get Darius Morris and a 1st round pick.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    I bet we get Devin Ebanks and a 1st round pick either , lal or dallas'.

For Jose, a very late first round pick, so maybe a bench guy, and a bench guy, yeah, that's a great deal.

Comment

• Derek Fisher/Chris Duhon/Steve Blake + pick?

Comment

• IROR wrote: View Post
                        Derek Fisher/Chris Duhon/Steve Blake + pick?
                        What are we now run by David Kahn?

Comment

• Surprise! Magic deny rumour

Orlando Magic continue to say they have made no decisions about what they'll do with Dwight Howard as the NBA trade deadline approaches on March 15.

And they are saying that a rumor making its way around Orlando that they've reached a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers and a third team is totally false.

The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando.

Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong.

The Magic have said all along that they will speak to Howard at some point before or on March 1 to see what he plans to do when he can become a free agent this summer.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...tory?track=rss
                          The next 3 days are going to be fun.

Comment

• Lakers have 2 first round picks this year ... Either of them, or the Orlando pick could give us a chance at Myck. Or even combining the pick with our 2nd rounder to move up into Myck range.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• This trade works like this in the ESPN Trade Machine.

It would be great to get 2 late 1st round picks in return for Calderon. If the Raps could also turn Barbosa into a late 1st round pick, there would be lots of potential to package 2 or 3 late 1st round picks for an earlier 1st rounder. Plus, either a Calderon or Barbosa deal would clear enough cap space to sign Chandler.

TO LA
                              - Howard
                              - Turkoglu
                              - Nelson
                              - Davis (assuming he's why the trade can't go through until March 1st)

TO ORL
                              - Bynum
                              - Gasol
                              - Calderon
                              - $6.3M TPE (for Davis - had to use Reddick for the Trade Machine)

TO TOR
                              - at least one 1st round pick

Wow, the next couple weeks are going to be FUN!

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                                What are we now run by David Kahn?
                                I don't see a problem with that deal if the Raptors are getting a first rounder, maybe multiple picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X