View Poll Results: As the trade deadline approaches, what do you hope the Raptors do?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Major change(s)

13 24.07%
  • Minor tweak(s)

36 66.67%
  • Do nothing until the off season.

5 9.26%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Post Thanks / Like

Did it ever occur to anyone here that Jose is averaging 10pts 9assists a game at the moment.

Now imagine he had a starting two guard that could run off screens knock down open jumpers and spot up for 3pt shots

Now imagine he had a starting three that could stick open three offensive rebound and set screens

Now imagine he had a power forward with some bulk, great hands and a jump shot that didn't take 5 seconds to unload or was so broken it looked like he studied shooting mechanics from watching shot put in the olympics

Now imagine he had a center that could stick an open 15 foot jump shot - could shoot more than 40 percent from the line and had a few reliable go to post moves.

Did it ever occur to anyone that Jose has been doing his previous stats with none of the parts around him to make him even better. That even with this current roster he has the best assist to turnover ratio in the league....maybe we should be looking at trades that involve anyone but Bargs and Calderon

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Did it ever occur to anyone here that Jose is averaging 10pts 9assists a game at the moment.

Now imagine he had a starting two guard that could run off screens knock down open jumpers and spot up for 3pt shots

Now imagine he had a starting three that could stick open three offensive rebound and set screens

Now imagine he had a power forward with some bulk, great hands and a jump shot that didn't take 5 seconds to unload or was so broken it looked like he studied shooting mechanics from watching shot put in the olympics

Now imagine he had a center that could stick an open 15 foot jump shot - could shoot more than 40 percent from the line and had a few reliable go to post moves.

Did it ever occur to anyone that Jose has been doing his previous stats with none of the parts around him to make him even better. That even with this current roster he has the best assist to turnover ratio in the league....maybe we should be looking at trades that involve anyone but Bargs and Calderon
    now imagine he was 22 years old and could fly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    now imagine he was 22 years old and could fly
    +1

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

can't quite remember but i think he had

parker
    marrion
    bosh
    bargnani

all on the floor together at one time. we still lost

Post Thanks / Like

parker
    marrion
    bosh
    bargnani

Bosh and Bargnani just didn't work.. Two faceup power-forwards at the time, two players who are built on scoring the basketball. Marion made a big difference and a big improvement at the small forward over Jamario Moon, but it was too late into the season for him to make a big enough difference for the team to make a run. Parker would get more shots if it wasn't for Bosh....

Bosh was an isolation player, not something that Bargnani is. That's why our team is so much more different now offensively. Bargnani isn't a back-to-the-basket player, but he is more of one than Bosh EVER was, that's why we have the traditional low post offense to run through, where as Bosh would get the ball in the mid-elbow area and hold it for 8-9 seconds dribbling, or holding the ball. He had the ball stopped every second possession, how can Jose operate a team when there isn't ball movement, there isn't cutting, there isn't any screens, nothing, especially when the ball isn't in Jose's hands. Bosh was a bad isolation player, he scored in those situations, but nothing else unlike Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Love, Blake Griffin, who can put it back, find players, get them open shots.

What does Bosh have to do with Jose? He didn't have the ball in his hands as much as he has it now to create looks for the team, because Chris Bosh was a guy who had the ball almost every possession.

Bosh is proving in Miami he was never supposed to be a number 1 guy. A Robin to Batman, or in his case, the batmobile for Batman and Robin.

Now we have a better team..

PG - Jose Calderon : Doing his thang.
    SG - Demar Derozan : Can come off mid low screens and hit the jumpshot or feed him in transition, doesn't need to run plays for him, just a low screen and roll.
    SF - Any of the two MKG/Barnes and JJ/Kleiza : Do their thang. Rebound, shoot, score, defend, do what they've been doing.
    PF - Our best player, Andrea Bargnani. Low post, slash, shoot, defend, rebound better, he can do it. No need for isos, just give it to him and he'll produce however you want.
    C - J-Val. A traditional centre, defensive, pick and roll (offense that Jose FLOURISHES in)

Now THATS a talent where you can say if they lose. "all on the floor together at one time. we still lost"
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Mon Mar 5th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Calderon could produce at his current level for at least 5 more years which would allow the Raps to find a PG to transition into that role more naturally. Our problem really isn't a PG short term.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon could produce at his current level for at least 5 more years which would allow the Raps to find a PG to transition into that role more naturally. Our problem really isn't a PG short term.
    How can you say "5 more years" with such confidence knowing Calderon's injury history? He ain't getting any younger.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How about Tyreke?

http://aroyalpain.com/2012/03/02/hav...trading-block/

Found this article, but not sure how reliable it is.

If Tyreke is going to be traded do you think the raptors should be interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post

I'd stay as far away as possible. Evans is another Bayless-type...an undersized shooting guard who doesn't pass well, and shoots at a horribly inefficient rate while dominating the ball.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

parker
    marrion
    bosh
    bargnani

Because we had a shit coach and a crappy coaching staff. Imagine those players with dwane casey we'd be like a 50 win team.

Post Thanks / Like

no thanks he's a chucker

Post Thanks / Like

Evans is a heck of a lot better than Bayless in every conceivable way but yeah id pass on him too
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd stay as far away as possible. Evans is another Bayless-type...an undersized shooting guard who doesn't pass well, and shoots at a horribly inefficient rate while dominating the ball.
    He's not undersized, he's 6'5". He is sorta like bayless but without the defense

Post Thanks / Like

the whole sacto thing makes no sense to me. they've got so many talented dudes but are just awful. is it the coaching? too many headcases? seems bizarre to me.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Evans is a heck of a lot better than Bayless in every conceivable way but yeah id pass on him too
    besides scoring i don't see him being better in any other areas at all. If your going to say passing, he isn't. Evans has the ball in his hands 80% of the time on offense so he's going to figure out a way to average 5 apg especially with guys like Cousins and Thornton out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    the whole sacto thing makes no sense to me. they've got so many talented dudes but are just awful. is it the coaching? too many headcases? seems bizarre to me.
    crappy coaching staff, headcases, not enough experience, and no accountability

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    besides scoring i don't see him being better in any other areas at all. If your going to say passing, he isn't. Evans has the ball in his hands 80% of the time on offense so he's going to figure out a way to average 5 apg especially with guys like Cousins and Thornton out there.
    well scoring is pretty much the only thing bayless does well so...
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    no thanks he's a chucker
    He has only taken 53 more shots than Derozan this year.
    That is less than a shot and a half more a game
    and he shoots at a higher FG%.
    Personally I do not see how he is an inefficient chucker.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you not say the same thing about Bayless with DD, Bargs, Klieza and Barbosa who are also all great scorers?

Post Thanks / Like

He has only taken 53 more shots than Derozan this year.
    That is less than a shot and a half more a game
    and he shoots at a higher FG%.
    Personally I do not see how he is an inefficient chucker.
    I don't know if using DeRozan as a measure of efficiency paints the most accurate picture. He's been pretty inefficient too, with the exception of the recent stretch of games.

Thread Information