View Poll Results: As the trade deadline approaches, what do you hope the Raptors do?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Major change(s)

13 24.07%
  • Minor tweak(s)

36 66.67%
  • Do nothing until the off season.

5 9.26%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Does your friend realize McGee is looking for $14M/yr?
    He didn't say anything about keeping him beyond this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Have to assume the Wizards are going to finish the year with a better record than the raps now.
    Today was a good day for the tank...

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of things, the more I think about it the more awful that Washington-Denver, trade is for D.C. Booker while no star has been arguably their best player over the course of the year,,and he brings the same offense as nene but with added toughness. Now, the team has no defensive 5 on their team, plus got rid of their top scorer in Young. They might be challenging the Bobcats for the 1st overall pick, in the hopes that AD can solidfy their defense.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dtc

Don't Trust Casey

So much for standing pat!

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
    Raptors were in on other deals that didn't happen. "We had a lot of irons in the fire today," Casey said

Lottery selection night and draft night are the next dates to circle on the calendar.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I say package both 2nd rounders for a pick in the 20's for a PG

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously the vast majority of teams sat on their picks (the Nets' to Portland was probably the most valuable) but they are under the gun and have to swing deals to appease Deron. I think there is very little chance of someone exchanging a first for the 2 seconds (even a low first). This is when the scouting staff have to step up and unearth nuggets that teams like the Spurs & Mavs seem to do....but I have no faith in this unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Javalley macgee is traded? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Obviously the vast majority of teams sat on their picks (the Nets' to Portland was probably the most valuable) but they are under the gun and have to swing deals to appease Deron. I think there is very little chance of someone exchanging a first for the 2 seconds (even a low first). This is when the scouting staff have to step up and unearth nuggets that teams like the Spurs & Mavs seem to do....but I have no faith in this unfortunately.
    Throw in $3M and I disagree as long as we are talking 21 and up with a team close to or in luxury tax (cough, Atlanta, cough).

Post Thanks / Like

At least with that Trade we get a good idea of what a Top 5-7 pick is worth to GMs this year.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    that wallace trade was the worst deal of the day. i think that the nets draft pick would be more of a staying peice for darren than wallace for a couple months.

a contender is going to grab him up in the off season. fire that gm today what garbage. a very good day for portland though. and i doubt they need to worry about losing batum to some poachers this summer. it would be hilarious if dummond falls 4th they get him and he immediately breaks both of his legs and is never the same.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    that wallace trade was the worst deal of the day. i think that the nets draft pick would be more of a staying peice for darren than wallace for a couple months.

a contender is going to grab him up in the off season. fire that gm today what garbage. a very good day for portland though. and i doubt they need to worry about losing batum to some poachers this summer. it would be hilarious if dummond falls 4th they get him and he immediately breaks both of his legs and is never the same.
    AHAHAHHA.

Anyways, The Nets are 5th and have a pick at the 11th as well. Not bad for the Trailblazers, still probably having Batum and Aldridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    AHAHAHHA.

Anyways, The Nets are 5th and have a pick at the 11th as well. Not bad for the Trailblazers, still probably having Batum and Aldridge.
    The Nets second pick (from Houston) is lottery protected. There is a strong possibility they have no draft picks this year.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Nets second pick (from Houston) is lottery protected. There is a strong possibility they have no draft picks this year.
    Right, just saw that... OUCH. Bad year for them to break it all up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Geezus. For a team as bad as them, that is NOT a good thing.

I'm scared to see what that team turns into if DWill leaves for Dallas.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Geezus. For a team as bad as them, that is NOT a good thing.

I'm scared to see what that team turns into if DWill leaves for Dallas.
    I really think that will be the case! I would hate to be a NJ fan right now. I don't think adding was the difference Wallace to keep Deron around. Maybe they would like to trade Morrow and or Brooks on Draft night...for two second rounders lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Denver sign WC to 5 year 37 million

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I really think that will be the case! I would hate to be a NJ fan right now. I don't think adding was the difference Wallace to keep Deron around. Maybe they would like to trade Morrow and or Brooks on Draft night...for two second rounders lol
    Are there any NJ fans???

In the 2006-07 playoffs, I drove down to the Meadowlands and bought tickets to Game 3 at the gate a mere 30 minutes before tipoff (while the 2 games in Toronto sold out within minutes of the announced playoff schedule).

I asked a local why the place had any empty seats at all. His answer was, "the Yankees started their season last week".

It's no wonder the team is leaving Jersey.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

lol that is true. Even charlotte has a pretty crappy fanbase, on that road game we lost ,60% of the seats were empty

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If only we could sign Deron Williams. He's 27, we have a bunch of cap space and a bunch of young guys coming in.. Trade Jose or Bayless for picks or pieces.. If Bargs regained his form, and we drafted a wing like MKG (assuming he changes his mind about declaring) that would be a pretty nice team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate deron. hope he stays in jersey and rots his whole career. self centered douche bag

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information