Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're saying point guard, it's Jennings, if you're saying player, it's Jennings. Bayless starting on the Bucks compared to Brandon Jennings starting on the Bucks. Same playing time, same every privilege he is getting. Now, envision it.

IMO, it's one ugly sight. WORSE than him being the starter for the Raptors.

Think hard on this one, everyone. Now, do you think with Bayless as their starting point guard, they could be fighting for an 8th spot in the Eastern Conference as of now? With Jax and his off-court troubles, Andrew Bogut's injuries, lack of talent and etc. You're expecting Bayless to cover most of the load some nights to help them get wins?

Going back to my original statement. You've got to be kidding me.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:22 AM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Yup, I don't see the similarities between Bayless and Jennings at all (other than both being considered "scoring PGs").

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        If you're saying point guard, it's Jennings, if you're saying player, it's Jennings. Bayless starting on the Bucks compared to Brandon Jennings starting on the Bucks. Same playing time, same every privilege he is getting. Now, envision it.

IMO, it's one ugly sight. WORSE than him being the starter for the Raptors.

Think hard on this one, everyone. Now, do you think with Bayless as their starting point guard, they could be fighting for an 8th spot in the Eastern Conference as of now? With Jax and his off-court troubles, Andrew Bogut's injuries, lack of talent and etc. You're expecting Bayless to cover most of the load some nights to help them get wins?

Going back to my original statement. You've got to be kidding me.
        I'm just saying that Brandon Jennings isn't a upgraded over Bayless . Their both built the same. Your not bringing up any facts on your arguement. So it seem too me that this is just opinion which I respect .
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I'm just saying that Brandon Jennings isn't a upgraded over Bayless . Their both built the same. Your not bringing up any facts on your arguement. So it seem too me that this is just opinion which I respect .
          Just because they're scoring point guards doesn't mean jack they're built the same. Jennings is a much more skilled player than Bayless, and has those point guard intangibles that Bayless doesn't.

Am I supposed to tell you to watch Milwaukee games? What do you want? Stats don't show anything, sure Bayless can score 20 and 8. But how much does that affect the essence of a game?

All I can tell you, is to look at how valuable these individual guys are to their teams. I can tell you if you're saying there is no real upgrade between the two, you are wrong. Unless that is your opinion I can't say that.

BUT, if you want stats fine. Jennings had 34-7-7 in a win over the Nets. Bayless had 16-6 in a loss over Milwaukee. The Nets have a better point guard match-up to believe to win over Brandon Jennings in Deron Williams. That should already be a lot. AND, in a year where Andrew Bogut was injured in the playoffs, Brandon Jennings carried the team, they lost the series, but they wouldn't have been as competitive, not NEARLY if Bayless was their point guard.

If Brandon Jennings isn't much of an upgrade to Bayless wouldn't be Bayless starting? Because most of the people on this forum believe if Jennings was here, he would start over Calderon. Sooo........

He is a total upgrade to the point guard most definitely over Bayless. Since all you want to see is stats here..

Jennings: 39% FG, 35% 3PFG, 80% FT, 3.6 RPG, 5.4 AP, 1.4 SPG, 17 PPG Career Stats.
          Bayless: 40% FG, 33% 3PFG, 82% FT, 1.7 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.4 SPG, 7.9 PPG Career Stats.

Plus Jennings is a much better decision maker, and he runs Scott Skiles system much more smoothly and effectively than Bayless runs this team. All he runs is a pick and roll every second possession, and he just can't operate when a point guard is playing good defense. I.E Goran Dragic in the Houston Rockets game. Matt Devlin and Leo Rautins pointed out that he was trying to do too much and play too much one-on-one to beat Dragic in the matchup. Guess who won that matchup?

Next.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Jennings: 39% FG, 35% 3PFG, 80% FT, 3.6 RPG, 5.4 AP, 1.4 SPG, 17 PPG Career Stats.
            Bayless: 40% FG, 33% 3PFG, 82% FT, 1.7 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.4 SPG, 7.9 PPG Career Stats.

Next.
            mpg?
            i really think that a lot of people would be in for a disappointment if jennings was our pg. i am not just saying mpg to take away from your stats but it also indicates the investment each team has given each player. to me changing one for the other would make no difference. even if one is better than the other. it seems jennings as the lead guy on the bucks who hasn't even hit restricted free agency yet is already saying he will leave his team. that is not a leader or a locker room guy. that is a guy playing for himself.

i have watched a bunch of bucks games and anytime jennings feels he didn't get the ball enough there is an instant 3 point shot thrown up regardless of players with him or defending him. the only thing i would offer up for jennings is calderon just to get younger and cheaper. i wouldn't give up any of our young players for a player who has already, through his own mouth, stated he is looking for a big market club. in the nba that is new york or los angeles.

Comment

• Word is the bulls are working on a trade for gasol but need a third team...

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Word is the bulls are working on a trade for gasol but need a third team...

Done:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7ae53ml

*EDIT*

Or Done and Done:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wmpk8w

I like 2nd better and it keeps Chicago having enough bodies on their roster.

Also send a pick or two to Toronto (1 via LA and 1 via Chicago).

*EDIT 2*

Or Done and Done and Done:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6oazv6j

Don't forget the picks coming to Toronto.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Official Trade made: Monta Ellis, Kwame Brown and Ekpe Udoh have been dealt to Millwakee for Bogut and Stephen Jackson.
                  Guessing Jackson will be happy to return to Golden State?

Comment

• Actually, if the Bulls are trying to get Gasol, I would imagine Boozer is the key contract going to LA. You know who is really tight with Boozer? Howard. Probably nothing though.

Comment

• The Rawth wrote: View Post
                      Official Trade made: Monta Ellis, Kwame Brown and Ekpe Udoh have been dealt to Millwakee for Bogut and Stephen Jackson.
                      Guessing Jackson will be happy to return to Golden State?
                      When is SJax ever happy?

I don't think so considering why he left last go round:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4430906

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson says he has requested a trade and prefers to be dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers or any of the NBA's three teams in Texas.

Jackson's wishes are rooted in a desire to play for a team that consistently makes the postseason, he says, something the Warriors have done only once in the past 15 seasons.

"At this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left," Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday. "I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now."

Comment

• hahahah whoops, i just assumed since he once played for them he might prefer that than being dealt to another team like Millwakee he has no intentions of playing for

Comment

• The company line continues to be followed

The Raptors have been fielding calls all year but have not been particularly aggressive on the trade front. The plan remains to keep all options open for next season, which means not taking on any more salary extending past this season. “No. I don’t sense anything happening, especially anything that’s going to affect our flexibility, cap flexibility next season, us going into free agency,” Casey said when queried whether he is expecting any action at Thursday’s trade deadline …

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/13...ce-irving-cavs

Comment

• I'm okay with standing pat - we still need a bit more time to see what we really have in Demar, JB and JJ.

We know what Andrea is, ditto for Jose, Kleiza, Barbosa, Gray and Amir ... we know Ed will take another year or two to see near his ceiling. We know Alabi could be traded or a washing machine at any time, with no tears here.

Despite the desire to get in on some of these trade scenarios, we still need to see if Demar is the legit 2nd scoring option at SG, or if maybe we look to the draft for Beal/Rivers. Bayless is getting his ninth life, chance to show he deserves a deal/role with the 2012-13 'Jonas the saviour' Raptors ... and James Johnson could help make a case that we don't need to draft a SF, by continuing his solid D play, with an improved jumper.

Unless of course Monta will be playing PG in Milwaukee, and they're looking to flip Jennings? Hah.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• I can't speak for everyone, but I'm fairly confident we already know exactly what Bayless is capable of as an NBA player...and it's not something I have any desire to bring back next season.

Also, I really want to see Barbosa traded simply to collect more assets.

Comment

• God would BC throw us a bone and just trade Butler for a box of corn flakes or something so bored
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X