Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ED not the PF on the Block?

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now, they deliver the same things statistically. If you look at there per 36 number they are almost identical in every category. People have been arguing that Amir brings more heart but right now Ed is more developed in his post game, is bigger, is two years younger, and is paid about a quarter of what Amir is. In my opinion he is also a better fit both in this defense and with our current talent pool so I don't see how you can say Amir is better for the team. Ed is simply better value.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like both Ed and Amir. They will get you a double-double if we run our pick n roll properly against most teams. If we are looking for someone with a big ceiling it is not Ed unfortunately. we must trade both of them and get someone like Ibaka.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Right now, they deliver the same things statistically. If you look at there per 36 number they are almost identical in every category. People have been arguing that Amir brings more heart but right now Ed is more developed in his post game, is bigger, is two years younger, and is paid about a quarter of what Amir is. In my opinion he is also a better fit both in this defense and with our current talent pool so I don't see how you can say Amir is better for the team. Ed is simply better value.
    Pretty much wraps up the arguments for Ed. Only thing I don't like is a tendency to under perform, based on state of mind, if you know what I mean. As has been mentioned on here, his demeanour seems to have changed this year. I'm not liking the attitude he brings. We can all think of guys who have the skills and knowledge, but not the attitude. they do not help a team with aspirations to improve.

I want to see a guy who brings it virtually every night. Amir is closer to being that guy than Ed is. Having a plaer with a lower salary doesn't help you if that players effectiveness drops off because they are in a sulk.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can deduct anything from what we've read here. From Casey's standpoint as a coach and as a person responsible for making his players better, he has to plan ahead for every player on his roster. He has long term goals and short term goals listed for everyone on the roster. It's not like he'll go into his notebook and revise the plan for a certain player or scratch his name out just because the GM mentioned to him that a player might get traded. You can't plan ahead that way.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I don't think you can deduct anything from what we've read here. From Casey's standpoint as a coach and as a person responsible for making his players better, he has to plan ahead for every player on his roster. He has long term goals and short term goals listed for everyone on the roster. It's not like he'll go into his notebook and revise the plan for a certain player or scratch his name out just because the GM mentioned to him that a player might get traded. You can't plan ahead that way.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information