Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: what about marvin williams

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default what about marvin williams

    read that he wasn't happy with his role.

    what do you think about him as sf instead of batum or chandler(hypothetically of course)
    he can hit the 3 has good hands. not a bad player. but i think that calderon to atlanta for hinrich and williams.

    trade machine only works if i add in alabi but i think that something somehow can be figured out.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I could see Marvin's numbers going up with the Raptors, but not sure how much more he would give you that James Johnson isn't giving you right now. They're both pretty even right now.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not to mention what he'd give up defensively

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play

  5. #5
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play
    He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..

  7. #7
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..
    Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

    Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.
    Prove it. What is your opinion based on?

  9. #9
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Hawks gave him a pretty nice contract, so they think pretty well of him. With that being said, they're not going to just give him away.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In reply to the thread title ...

    What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

    not interested at all

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marvin Williams claim to fame....he was picked by Atlanta instead of CP3....to their everlasting regret. Somewhat similar to the Raps (but not as bad) when they opted for Joey Graham instead of Granger.

    No thanks. I'd much prefer a Chandler or a Batum.
    Last edited by Bendit; Sat Feb 25th, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    In reply to the thread title ...

    What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

    not interested at all
    Seconded. The guy has never reached his potential, he is what he is: a 25-minute, 9 and 5 guy. Do not want.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter IROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ottawa/Toronto
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meh.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

    Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.
    He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

    As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

    The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote speedbag wrote: View Post
    He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

    As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

    The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.
    Yeah but they aren't an answer at the three, I would love them on this team for years to come, but they aren't going to get things done in the playoffs where it was probably a very important piece when it comes to production.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote speedbag wrote: View Post
    You should pay more attention to his game.
    So if you say he's the best defender on a Raptor uniform, that means you haven't seen Doug Christie, who was KNOWN as a perimeter stopper. James Johnson lets up points, sure he blocks shots and grabs defensive rebounds, but he wasn't really stopping guys from scoring. Don't get me wrong, I've been loving James Johnson's game on both ends of the court, but his defense is not amazing, but its pretty good.
    We were talking about Marvin Williams' defense. I see his offense, and I've talked about his better decisions, better shots, aggressiveness, I've seen it. It's been helping the team, plus he has better ball-handling than Derozan..

    You should read more of the threads.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Prove it. What is your opinion based on?
    They don't just play defense at the same rate, but they play offense at the same rate.

    For forwards.

    PER #56 Marvin Williams #57 James Johnson

    Btw, I meant "doesn't give up as much" as he doesn't get scored on any less.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yeah your argument just shot itself in the foot the moment you showed us they have virtually identical stats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •