Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morrow wears Petrovic jersey for 3PT contest. So cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrow wears Petrovic jersey for 3PT contest. So cool.

Loved seeing that. Classy move. Petro was OFF THE HOOK. What a shame.

Try and post a picture when I can find one. It literally just happened. haha

He failed hard though, for someone who led the league in 3pt shooting once.

Comment

i was rooting for my man KD. he was soo close but Love ended up taking it

Comment

thats very cool of Morrow... didnt petro score like 112 points in the yugoslavian championship or something. I never watched him but always heard about him vs mj when yugoslavia played usa...

Last edited by Red and White; Sun Feb 26, 2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for postin' those pics R&W!

And yes, there are some who say Petro would have gone down as one of the Greatest 2 guards to EVER play the game, if not for that horrible accident. His match ups against Jordan were CLASSIC as Petro would always get amped up and play some of his best basketball.

If you can get your hands on it, try and find "Once Brothers". Its one of the ESPNs 30 for 30 Documentaries. Its the story of Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic, and probably one of the best Sports Docs I've ever seen.

Comment

The one on AI was better, IMO

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              And yes, there are some who say Petro would have gone down as one of the Greatest 2 guards to EVER play the game, if not for that horrible accident.
              Drazen Petrovic was a great shooter but that's it. To believe a 28 year old who had not shown any other basketball qualities would have become one of the greatest shooting guards in the history of the game if it were not for an accident is just silly in my opinion.

Are they the same people who still think DeMar DeRozen will eventually develop into a franchise shooting guard?

More Kool-Aid please!

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                Drazen Petrovic was a great shooter but that's it. To believe a 28 year old who had not shown any other basketball qualities would have become one of the greatest shooting guards in the history of the game if it were not for an accident is just silly in my opinion.

Are they the same people who still think DeMar DeRozen will eventually develop into a franchise shooting guard?

More Kool-Aid please!

Would you say the same thing about Ray Allen or Reggie Miller or Larry Bird? That 'they were great shooters but thats it'? Come on Hugs. Some of the greatest players ever have been the ones who can simply just shoot it better than anyone else.
                And Petro COULD shoot it better than anyone else. But he had the killer instinct to go with it. Thats what made him great.
                Just because he didn't do the majority of his great playing in the NBA doesn't make him any less Great.

Sabonis was one of the Greatest centers to ever play the game.
                And NONE of that, 0%, is based on what he managed to do in the NBA.

ADD Case and point: Reggie Miller, the Greatest Shooter of All Time, says Petro was the Greatest Shooter of All Time.

*This is actually a great watch too. Steve Kerr calls John Stockton a 'Dirty Bastard'. Fantastic.
                Last edited by Joey; Sun Feb 26, 2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Larry Bird averaged 10.0 rpg and 6.3 apg for his career; he was far more than just a great shooter. He is one of the best players to ever play the game.

I was not a Reggie Miller fan. Great shooter with a big mouth but that was it. He never made 1st or 2nd all NBA team. There is no way I would call him one the best shooting guard ever. Not even close.

Ray Allen was a very good passer and a better than average rebounder for the position when he was younger, so he was more than just a great shooter. Ray Allen was a better player than Reggie Miller but again, I would not call him a great player.

And yes, I agree, Drazen was a better jump shooter than Bird, Miller, and Allen. But that's it and the same could be argued of Dell Curry.

Give me Sidney Moncrief any day. Or George Gervin.
                  Last edited by Hugmenot; Sun Feb 26, 2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X