Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Calderon to Orlando?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Calderon to Orlando?

    This trade has been reported as a rumour from Orlando Sentinel. Saying it won't happen until March 1st. I think Orlando is waiting until then to send Glen Davis out to LA in the deal - but that is just me guessing.

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wa5ont


    LAL - Howard, Turk, Nelson, Baby
    ORL - Gasol, Bynum, Calderon
    TOR - Morris, 2-3 1st round picks (all in the 20's), additional $10M in cap space this summer

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This trade has been reported as a rumour from Orlando Sentinel. Saying it won't happen until March 1st. I think Orlando is waiting until then to send Glen Davis out to LA in the deal - but that is just me guessing.

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wa5ont


    LAL - Howard, Turk, Nelson, Baby
    ORL - Gasol, Bynum, Calderon
    TOR - Morris, 2-3 1st round picks (all in the 20's), additional $10M in cap space this summer
    I always rejoice when I think we'll have a young PG with a 6.9 PER playing significant minutes because he has much space to improve. If he doubles his PER, he'll still be below average!

    Can't have more room for growth then that and still be in the league!

    Hmmm, why is he still in the league?
    Last edited by Hugmenot; Sun Feb 26th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Will there be some kind of kickback or payola going to BC's off shore bank account? They have to give the Raptors more than this for Calderon.
    Last edited by stretch; Sun Feb 26th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Will there be some kind of kickback or payola going to BC's off shore bank account? They have to give the Raptors more than this for Calderon.
    The whole point is for us the free up cap space to chase Wilson Chandler. But I think we can add J.J Redick, or some other player. But I don't see anyone on the Magic roster we may really want.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Id rather ebanks, and somehow find away to replace calderon to bayless in that trade

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6oq7m49

    with draft picks for us, i like this better for the raptors perspective

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    The whole point is for us the free up cap space to chase Wilson Chandler. But I think we can add J.J Redick, or some other player. But I don't see anyone on the Magic roster we may really want.
    Except the rumor is for 'Mar 1st so that eliminates Chandler as an option.

    I don't see this trade happening as reported regardless since it just makes LA Orlando with switching Kobe for Richardson a downgrade at PF and a lesser bench.
    Add that to the fact that LA stated specifically that they won't trade Bynum AND Gasol for Howard which is exactly what this is.
    Of course perhaps this is Calderon to LA as well but as reported I don't buy it. The only X factor is Jim Buss is an idiot so who knows.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now if another team is involved taking Pau Gasol (rumours abound with Boston and especially Houston) then it rings more true, but thereby more complicated.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Magic are denying this rumour.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Magic are denying this rumour.
    The reporter must have called them before calling the Lakers...

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    The reporter must have called them before calling the Lakers...
    lol. it already happened in lakerland as far as they are concerned out there. i like this trade and would also see if la wanted barbosa for that sweet 7 million they have stashed away.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    lol. it already happened in lakerland as far as they are concerned out there. i like this trade and would also see if la wanted barbosa for that sweet 7 million they have stashed away.
    I am assuming you are talking about the $8.9M TPE from Odom to Dallas and I think if the rumour is true, then that TPE is going to be used to absorb Big Baby which is why the rumour has the trade going down on March 1st - Davis was a free agent signing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •