Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players I hope won't be raptors after 11-12 season

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Players I hope won't be raptors after 11-12 season

Jared Sullinger - tweener any idiot of and NBA GM knows this guys game will not prosper in the PF filled NBA.
    Sean May, Marcus Fizer, Jordan Hill, Tyrus Thomas, Ike Diogu, shelden williams

the list goes on forever - nice NCAA players in the paint but they can not get their game off in NBA due to size.
    First rounder yes. Lottery pick no way. I like Jared's game he is a great kid. But lottery?

he is first on my list for a reason because OMG if raps get a PF in a draft like this it would be non-reconcilable worse than drafting Hoffa.

Steve Nash - I love Steve Nash -but as a player no. By the time Raps are respectable Nash will be in wheelchair alongside Professor Xavier.
    As a front office type sure I may be open to that after his playing career.

Leandro Barbosa - fun to watch. creative. deadly when he gets on a roll. but does not defend 2's well. does not fit in with the culture of D Casey moving forward IMO. Lets face it he and his contract are a welcome replacement for Hedork Turk-o-glue. But, on the real, teams that he has been on don't go deep. Never will. Must have size and desire to defend perimeter if you are 2a.

Rasual Butler - Rasual Butler thank you for staying shape and remaining a decent defender. This is not hate you did what millions of other could not... but c ya

did I miss any?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

magloire
    a. carter
    forbes
    maybe even Ed Davis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    magloire
    a. carter
    forbes
    maybe even Ed Davis
    Why Ed Davis? Keep Magloire, he's a good personality, nothing easy, and he's a Rasheed Wallace type guy.
    Forbes is fine. Anthony Carter I agree with.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless
    Carter
    Butler
    Big Cat

Probably 1other player based on what position we draft. Depending on what Barbosa wants I would keep him.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

magloire
    a. carter
    forbes
    maybe even Ed Davis
    how about draft players? - if BC drafts a PF with out trading Davis and amir for a front line PG (which I dont see happening) should he not be immediately shown the door?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problem keeping Carter Magloire and Butler...as the 13th 14th 15th man and for vet minimums

Post Thanks / Like

Players I absolutely don't want to see back under any circumstance:
    - Magloire
    - Alabi
    - Butler
    - Barbosa (would be a sin not to trade him to get at least a 2nd round pick in return)
    - Bayless (would like to trade for an asset; not worth the $4M+ his qualifying offer is worth)
    - Carter

Players I hope aren't back because something better is available one way or another:
    - Amir/Davis (my preference would be to trade Amir and keep Davis, but it's ultimately dependent on market value of each)
    - Gray (I wouldn't mind him back, but perhaps a deal is worked out with Denver to take back Andersen, so they don't match an offer for Chandler)
    - Forbes (don't care one way or another, but if he's gone, it's likely because his salary was needed in a blockbuster deal to get a stud player)
    - DeRozan (I like him, but if he can be upgraded to a player like Batum, Mayo or Gay, I'd be a happy Raptors fan!)
    - Calderon (I would love to see him run an improved Raptors team next season, but he's over 30, not part of the long-term future and I'd be happy to see him go if it nets the Raptors at least one 1st round pick in the draft)

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Calgary minus Gray (he's perfect for his role) and Forbsey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Jared Sullinger - tweener any idiot of and NBA GM knows this guys game will not prosper in the PF filled NBA.
    Sean May, Marcus Fizer, Jordan Hill, Tyrus Thomas, Ike Diogu, shelden williams

the list goes on forever - nice NCAA players in the paint but they can not get their game off in NBA due to size.
    First rounder yes. Lottery pick no way. I like Jared's game he is a great kid. But lottery?
    Uhhh what about Zack Randolph, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, etc.?

Yes, I realize Scola never played in the NCAA but he's in the same boat.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Agree with Calgary minus Gray (he's perfect for his role) and Forbsey
    why do u like forbes soo much? he's a scrub

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my list of players I desperately want to see remain on the Raptors next year:
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Players I absolutely don't want to see back under any circumstance:
    - Magloire
    - Alabi
    - Butler
    - Barbosa (would be a sin not to trade him to get at least a 2nd round pick in return)
    - Bayless (would like to trade for an asset; not worth the $4M+ his qualifying offer is worth)
    - Carter
    Magloire, Alabi, and Carter are end of roster type player and whether they return in no way impact the Raptors expected win percentage.

I agree that Bayless is not worth the qualifying offer. However, why would a team trade for his services if he's not worth the qualifying offer? I think he can be moved but we will receive in return will be just a different problem and maybe a 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal. As I am not a believer in 2nd round picks, I would rather we keep him and try to resign him for 2-3 years at $2.5M per year if they cannot resign Barbosa.

Your comment about Barbosa is just plain nuts in my opinion. Second round picks rarely turn out to be serviceable players and I would rather the organization shows some commitment to be competitive in a few more games this season than be willing to ballast rotation player for what is highly likely to be a garbage player (if he even makes the roster). I have no problem if the Raptors try to extend Barbosa to 2-3 years at a lower salary.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No player is untouchable, so if Bryan did a full team swap I'd be fine with that. However in order of preference are the guys that I'd want to ship out, to the guys that I want on the team.

Butler
    Bayless
    Barbosa
    Alabi
    Carter
    Forbes
    Magloire
    Gray
    J. Johnson
    Kleiza
    Calderon
    Davis
    Derozan
    A. Johnson
    Bargnani

From a draft point of view, the guys that I'd probably get pissed off the most at if we drafted them are one of the Zeller brothers, Henson or PJ3.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the one Zeller brother looks like he'll be pretty awesome

Post Thanks / Like

magloire
    a. carter
    forbes
    Those guys are on the team this season because Colangelo is playing for lotto balls. Don't worry, they won't be back. Fans should be happy they're here this season, especially based on posts on this board heading into 2011 FA period.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Those guys are on the team this season because Colangelo is playing for lotto balls. Don't worry, they won't be back. Fans should be happy they're here this season, especially based on posts on this board heading into 2011 FA period.
    Isn't Forbes contract guarantee for next year?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. Why are so many hating on Big Cat??? He is exactly the type of player the Raps' locker room has been sorely missing. We have a young team right now. We could use his leadership and toughness. Bring him back for the vet minimum. What's the risk?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    I don't get it. Why are so many hating on Big Cat??? He is exactly the type of player the Raps' locker room has been sorely missing. We have a young team right now. We could use his leadership and toughness. Bring him back for the vet minimum. What's the risk?
    Probably short memory of how the team was as recently as last year where we didn't have anybody to bang with opposing teams' centers. The best we had was Reggie and he was a good 3 inches shorter (at least) with no hops to make up for it. It's not as if we're paying the guy much, and he does at least (many times more than) what's required of him. I too would have issue if he were our starting Center, but nobody, not even BC, expects him to be that. So no, I don't get the hate either.

As for people I hope aren't back, I would put Carter, Bayless, Derozan, Calderon. Moving Calderon would mean BC has found a good deal to better the team (hopefully). Derozan because I don't really have faith in him, and IMO shouldn't be a starter. Bayless, Carter, and Butler...well these are obvious- 'cause they suck. The rest I don't mind seeing back next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    I don't care how good he is in the locker room (which we don't really know he is, without being there), he's a terrible basketball player now that he is well past his prime. The Raptors will have Valanicunas as the primary C for the long-term. I would much prefer Gray as the backup C - he brings everything to the team that Magloire supposedly does (veteran presence, lead by example mentality, banger, tough defender, great rebounder, decent finisher inside) at a much more efficient and consistent rate.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't care how good he is in the locker room (which we don't really know he is, without being there), he's a terrible basketball player now that he is well past his prime. The Raptors will have Valanicunas as the primary C for the long-term. I would much prefer Gray as the backup C - he brings everything to the team that Magloire supposedly does (veteran presence, lead by example mentality, banger, tough defender, great rebounder, decent finisher inside) at a much more efficient and consistent rate.
    Who said Magloire would be the backup? What is the harm of having a dude (who was an All-star at one point of his career ) get paid the minimum and just be an older guy with personality to lead by example (with how you present yourself to the media) and by most importantly, playing D and rebounding whenever you can? Do not use the whole "we do not know he is a mentor" stuff because we do know. Dwane Casey respects him, as does the team (he was the one chosen to adress the fans at the home opener). Why not have a guy like that with Val coming next year?

Players I do not want on the Raps next year:

AC (the revival of "AIR CANADA CARTER" was never to be)
    Butler (just so people will stop talking about him as if he is the absolute difference maker in every game)
    Bosa (nothing against him but he is valuable trade bait and not part of our plans)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information