X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    "OMG, if Colangelo doesn't re-sign this guy, I'm gonna kill myself!"
    Lol, I hope there never is!

I'm just busting your chops. I think Bargnani in past years was playing up to his contract. This season in the limited amount that he has played he is well above his contract.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      Lol, I hope there never is!

I'm just busting your chops. I think Bargnani in past years was playing up to his contract. This season in the limited amount that he has played he is well above his contract.
      That's true, except that he's only played 13 out of 33 games so far. He's made $346K per game. We're getting as much bang for our buck as we did from Reggie Evans over the past two seasons.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Magloire, Alabi, Butler, A Carter, Forbes.
        Not sure if any of these guys would be in the NBA (except maybe AC and Forbes) if the Raptors didn't give them a shot at the tank this year. Although I do like what Jamaal brings to the lockeroom.

Amir Johnson??
        Think his potential may be tapped out...a solid NBA big, but by no means a starter. With JV coming over he will no longer be the focus of a pick n roll game.. May be time for the raps to move forward next year without him, give his PF minutes to ED and C minutes to JV and a natural C.
        If the Raps hands are tied with his contract, then he would remain a solid energy guy off the bench (no problem with that, I love Amir)--just an expensive one
        Last edited by IROR; Wed Feb 29, 2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Why so much hate for Big Cat? Like mentioned above, every team needs 13,14 & 15 roster spots filled with dudes that wear suits and make the minimum. If they are essentially just roster filler, than why not have someone with some intangible value like Magloire. Sure, you say scour the D-league for the next Lin, but they could go all season signing one 10 day contract after an other. I say the stability, veteran voice from someone that, may be over the hill, but at least once was an all-star and toughness of Magloire brings. Do you really think anyone Toronto has EVER had in the 13,14 or 15 roster spot has made a difference to their record? Keep the Cat!!

Now Butler on the other hand.........

Comment

Yup no big issues with the Big Cat ... great contribution as a veteran leader, helps establish the "toughness factor", and has even been a game changer in 3-4 games banging opposing bigs off the bench.
            -One reason I can see him maybe not coming back, is the effective play of Aaron Gray ... he has earned the '5th big' tag with his great play ... and if Jonas, Bargs, Ed, Amir and Gray are here ... can you afford a 6th big? And if Ed or Amir is gone, can that 5th big be Big Cat? Maybe.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
              Why so much hate for Big Cat? Like mentioned above, every team needs 13,14 & 15 roster spots filled with dudes that wear suits and make the minimum. If they are essentially just roster filler, than why not have someone with some intangible value like Magloire. Sure, you say scour the D-league for the next Lin, but they could go all season signing one 10 day contract after an other. I say the stability, veteran voice from someone that, may be over the hill, but at least once was an all-star and toughness of Magloire brings. Do you really think anyone Toronto has EVER had in the 13,14 or 15 roster spot has made a difference to their record? Keep the Cat!!

Now Butler on the other hand.........
              Agreed.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I would like a guy like that on the team to lead by example for JV. His name is Aaron Gray. He does everything Magloire does, but is younger and better in all aspects of his game. Magloire would be wasted money thrown at a 3rd string scrub who is not in the long-term plans of the team.
                Magloire has a spine, some damn balls, and will back-up your team. He is a Rasheed Wallace you can say. He's a good locker-room guy, someone that can help you get some confidence, major respect from teammates and coaching staff, will back your ass up. Why won't anyone not want him on the Raptors? He can change a game in limited minutes i.e Houston Rockets game.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                X