Quote Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
The fact that Barbosa is injury prone is something that I am scared of. We have dodged a bullet this year with him being relatively healthy so far, but given his recent history that could change anytime. Barbosa is a very solid scorer, but that is about it. He is not much of a facilitator or defensive presence, so is not really needed on a rebuilding team at this time. I rather take my chance on a younger replacement and hope he is able to bring another element to the team off the bench. I'd be fine with trading him or letting him walk at the end of the season and handing over the 6th man role to Bayless to see if he claim that role in a contract year.
Bayless has serious problems finishing around the rim... if were to expect Derozn to be around for the future we need someone to come of the bench behind him... not many younger players would enjoy being bench fodder for there carreer, barbosa is a solid 6th man & at a price less then 5mill.. say 4mill. id be ok with him staying around.. just not at what hes making now...