Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wolstat: Barbosa wants to stay long term

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
    The fact that Barbosa is injury prone is something that I am scared of. We have dodged a bullet this year with him being relatively healthy so far, but given his recent history that could change anytime. Barbosa is a very solid scorer, but that is about it. He is not much of a facilitator or defensive presence, so is not really needed on a rebuilding team at this time. I rather take my chance on a younger replacement and hope he is able to bring another element to the team off the bench. I'd be fine with trading him or letting him walk at the end of the season and handing over the 6th man role to Bayless to see if he claim that role in a contract year.
    Bayless has serious problems finishing around the rim... if were to expect Derozn to be around for the future we need someone to come of the bench behind him... not many younger players would enjoy being bench fodder for there carreer, barbosa is a solid 6th man & at a price less then 5mill.. say 4mill. id be ok with him staying around.. just not at what hes making now...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barbosa is a last-piece-of-the-puzzle type of player. We don't need to be wasting valuable cap space on an ageing 6th man, while the rest of the roster is still a complete unknown.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Agreed ... everyone who said he should be given the reigns this year over Calderon, raise your hand ... where are you?
    I was one too. But like Matt said, it wasn't because I thought Bayless was a good PG, but it was to test IF Bayless was capable of playing PG. And in a season where wins weren't desired, I didn't see any harm in giving Bayless minutes to see what we had in him (if anything).

Yes, Calderon has arguably increased his trade value while logging heavy minutes this season, but unless a trade is actually consummated, increased trade value does nothing for the Raptors.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im fine with Barbo getting signed long-term. 20mil for 4 years? too much. 2-3mil per year for 4-5yrs im ok with.

Oh, and as long as he doesnt play in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. That offensive foul last night killed them.

And he's done that a couple of times in the past too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of Barbosa. If he's hot he's a good scorer but he doesn't really bring anything else to the table and he's streaky. Hard to know what to think of an extension at this point. Depends on the money and length of the contract and it depends on what other options are out there. I'd rather see them move Barbosa for a younger player or pick(s) if they can.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No thanks. Ill pass.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Barbosa. If he's hot he's a good scorer but he doesn't really bring anything else to the table and he's streaky. Hard to know what to think of an extension at this point. Depends on the money and length of the contract and it depends on what other options are out there. I'd rather see them move Barbosa for a younger player or pick(s) if they can.
    I think on the surface it kinda looks like that, and thats how i saw him too before. But Barbosa is very deceptive, he'll miss 2 threes and lull the defense into thinking he's going to hoist another brick and then he slashes with that quick