View Poll Results: Do you truely feel that Bosh will be in a Raptors uniform next season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 60.71%
  • No

3 10.71%
  • Undecided

8 28.57%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
    Bosh doesn't have a three like Bargs does, i dont really consider hitting 5 three's or whatever it is this year having an outside game
    He's proven he can hit it. He chooses not to use it because he doesn't need to and it doesn't benefit the team to have the offensive focal point dialing it up from long range when his interior and mid range game may be overall the best in the league among big men. Either way its irrelevant. Why? Well you tell me how many looks Bargnani is going to get from behind the arc in a game of one-on-one...

Also, can you tell me how many times each guy gets to the line and what their FG%'s are?

One more thing. How many double teams is Bargnani drawing nightly while he posts his current numbers? Which player is more likely to see a dip in product should the other not be there to draw focused attention from the defense?
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 14th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's proven he can hit it. He chooses not to use it because he doesn't need to and it doesn't benefit the team to have the offensive focal point dialing it up from long range when his interior and mid range game may be overall the best in the league among big men. Either way its irrelevant. Why? Well you tell me how many looks Bargnani is going to get from behind the arc in a game of one-on-one...

Also, can you tell me how many times each guy gets to the line and what their FG%'s are?

One more thing. How many double teams is Bargnani drawing nightly while he posts his current numbers? Which player is more likely to see a dip in product should the other not be there to draw focused attention from the defense?
    Troy Murphy is a PF not a Center and we're talking about one on one Bargs vs Bosh so i dont see how he has anything to do with this discussion. Yes Bosh has proven he can hit the three,even tho 6/13 is not really a huge stat but whatever he hit those . Bargs is still a better because he shoots more and makes more with people in his face unlike the ones Bosh hit those were ucontested. Bargs has hit big threes the one agaisnt the Spurs last week comes to mind.

I dont know what their FG percentage and how many times each gets to the lineor Bargs drawing double teams matters we are talking about One on One here. Bargs not creative ??? we are talking about a 7 footer who can shoot, drive and pass if thats not creative for a Center i dont know what is. Also all im trying to say is Bargs would not get owned by bosh in ONE on ONE especally with the way he has been defending this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
    Troy Murphy is a PF not a Center and we're talking about one on one Bargs vs Bosh so i dont see how he has anything to do with this discussion. Yes Bosh has proven he can hit the three,even tho 6/13 is not really a huge stat but whatever he hit those . Bargs is still a better because he shoots more and makes more with people in his face unlike the ones Bosh hit those were ucontested. Bargs has hit big threes the one agaisnt the Spurs last week comes to mind.

I dont know what their FG percentage and how many times each gets to the lineor Bargs drawing double teams matters we are talking about One on One here. Bargs not creative ??? we are talking about a 7 footer who can shoot, drive and pass if thats not creative for a Center i dont know what is. Also all im trying to say is Bargs would not get owned by bosh in ONE on ONE especally with the way he has been defending this year.
    Yeah, we're talking one on one ball so the 3-ball is irrelevant. Bosh faces Bargnani instead of a double team. Bargnani faces Bosh instead some other single coverage match up.

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference here is that the Raptors are willing to spend with the big boys.
    really?...you think they are gonna go over the cap?...dont think so buddy...

Post Thanks / Like

They're already way over cap.

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They're already way over cap.
    my bad....i meant over the luxury tax line....

to me "willing to spend with the big boys", mean going toe to toe with the magic, lakers, celtics and cavs in terms of spending money....but mlse is never gonna allow that....

Post Thanks / Like

When the Raptors were last considered contenders MLSE showed a willingness to spend to no end. They once had the second highest payroll in the league and it did them no good... In fact it killed them for many years while they waited for all the bloated contracts to come off the books.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference over the first 5 years is only 2 million, I thought? It is just the 6th year that is an issue (roughly 26 mil)? Can't he just sign an extension midway through his contract, e.g. in 2013 or 2014?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ripp wrote: View Post
    The difference over the first 5 years is only 2 million, I thought? It is just the 6th year that is an issue (roughly 26 mil)? Can't he just sign an extension midway through his contract, e.g. in 2013 or 2014?
    Yep, if he's willing to risk the wait. Guaranteed money is tempting.

Anyway, it doesn't matter any, Colangelo is going to help him get his sign and trade so Bosh can keep his money. The Raptors advantage is a nominal one at best due to Colangelo. If the Raptors were willing to play hard ball things would be different.

Raptors Republic Starter Dark Knight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If they signed Bosh, they'd need to find a new home for Jeff Green, cause I'm pretty sure CB wouldn't sign with a small market team to not play his natural position. Maybe a S&T for Green and Sefolosha?
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Post Thanks / Like

If he were to go there I would hope it would be in a S&T involving Green coming back in the deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thunder have pieces to make push for Raptors' Bosh

An article courtesy of Art Garcia over at NBA.com

Kevin Durant and Chris Bosh on the Thunder frontline together. By Feb. 18? Why not?
    Oklahoma City is loaded. With talent. With picks. With cash. When pondering future seasons of a Thunder program that starts but doesn't end with Durant, visions surface of a serious Western Conference contender.
    But why can't it be this season? Isn't this franchise in position to make a major move in a conference that has more of its share of quality teams though none, outside of the defending champion Lakers, are overwhelming.
    If the Raptors felt compelled to move Bosh, and there are plenty of rumors out there to support such a notion, Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti could make a serious play for the lefty power forward. Not only is OKC comfortably under the salary cap, but the franchise has another two first-round draft choices this June and nice pieces to export across the border.
    Would a deal of, say, ever-improving third-year forward Jeff Green, a pair of No. 1s and another youngster with potential, Serge Ibaka or D.J. White, interest Toronto? If Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo was certain Bosh was walking this summer, does such a package from OKC make sense?
    If Bosh were to be moved to OKC I can see that team making a deep playoff run this season.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm ... I do like Jeff Green a ton and those two 1st rounders do sound enticing, but I'm still not sold. Seeing how well the Thunder are playing now, just think how much better they'd be with Bosh. Those 1st round draft picks would likely both be late first round. I think the Thunder would have to add more to the deal besides White and Ibaka in order for us to bite. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Hmm ... I do like Jeff Green a ton and those two 1st rounders do sound enticing, but I'm still not sold. Seeing how well the Thunder are playing now, just think how much better they'd be with Bosh. Those 1st round draft picks would likely both be late first round. I think the Thunder would have to add more to the deal besides White and Ibaka in order for us to bite. JMO
    I agree. the Thunder would have to sweeten the deal in order for a trade to happen. I do think that there are other teams out there that can offer more to the Raps in a Bosh trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bosh's Agent is in Town

Paul Jones: Bosh's agent Henry Thomas is in town. Why? As he says "I gotta see my guy play" Hmmm, wonder if there is anything else goin' on? Just asking. Twitter.com
    HoopsHype.com

Read into it how ever you like. It could be nothing though.

Post Thanks / Like

He could've seen him play on TV. Something's up.

Post Thanks / Like

Agents do come for visits at times. If this were Kobe Bryant's agent coming to L.A. to see Kobe play no one would even notice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

From Doug Smith's Blog today:
    "I mention this only because someone else might have noticed and Id be sure to be asked but, please, put this in the Dont Read Anything Into It file.

Saw Henry Thomas, Chris Boshs agent, in the bowels of the Air Canada Centre before the game but Im assured by those who know these kinds of things that it was nothing more than a regularly-scheduled visit that agents make to key clients throughout the season."

Sheesh a little insecure are we? There's no reason for panic people!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, photoman! Thanks for posting the DS blog entry.

Arenalist may be panicking, I don't know, but I personally am only minutely concerned.

Seriously though. As I was saying earlier, I think if this wasn't a contract year it would not receive press.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. What kind of agent would he be if he doesn't come in and see his client play on his home court a few times a year? Just like an agent in any field of employment, you have to wine and dine your client to ensure they will retain you, especially given the winfall both are about to get.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information