Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're already way over cap.
    my bad....i meant over the luxury tax line....

to me "willing to spend with the big boys", mean going toe to toe with the magic, lakers, celtics and cavs in terms of spending money....but mlse is never gonna allow that....

Comment

• When the Raptors were last considered contenders MLSE showed a willingness to spend to no end. They once had the second highest payroll in the league and it did them no good... In fact it killed them for many years while they waited for all the bloated contracts to come off the books.

Comment

• The difference over the first 5 years is only 2 million, I thought? It is just the 6th year that is an issue (roughly 26 mil)? Can't he just sign an extension midway through his contract, e.g. in 2013 or 2014?

Comment

• Ripp wrote: View Post
          The difference over the first 5 years is only 2 million, I thought? It is just the 6th year that is an issue (roughly 26 mil)? Can't he just sign an extension midway through his contract, e.g. in 2013 or 2014?
          Yep, if he's willing to risk the wait. Guaranteed money is tempting.

Anyway, it doesn't matter any, Colangelo is going to help him get his sign and trade so Bosh can keep his money. The Raptors advantage is a nominal one at best due to Colangelo. If the Raptors were willing to play hard ball things would be different.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

• If they signed Bosh, they'd need to find a new home for Jeff Green, cause I'm pretty sure CB wouldn't sign with a small market team to not play his natural position. Maybe a S&T for Green and Sefolosha?
            "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

• If he were to go there I would hope it would be in a S&T involving Green coming back in the deal.

Comment

• Thunder have pieces to make push for Raptors' Bosh

An article courtesy of Art Garcia over at NBA.com

Kevin Durant and Chris Bosh on the Thunder frontline together. By Feb. 18? Why not?
                Oklahoma City is loaded. With talent. With picks. With cash. When pondering future seasons of a Thunder program that starts but doesn't end with Durant, visions surface of a serious Western Conference contender.
                But why can't it be this season? Isn't this franchise in position to make a major move in a conference that has more of its share of quality teams though none, outside of the defending champion Lakers, are overwhelming.
                If the Raptors felt compelled to move Bosh, and there are plenty of rumors out there to support such a notion, Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti could make a serious play for the lefty power forward. Not only is OKC comfortably under the salary cap, but the franchise has another two first-round draft choices this June and nice pieces to export across the border.
                Would a deal of, say, ever-improving third-year forward Jeff Green, a pair of No. 1s and another youngster with potential, Serge Ibaka or D.J. White, interest Toronto? If Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo was certain Bosh was walking this summer, does such a package from OKC make sense?
                If Bosh were to be moved to OKC I can see that team making a deep playoff run this season.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Comment

• Hmm ... I do like Jeff Green a ton and those two 1st rounders do sound enticing, but I'm still not sold. Seeing how well the Thunder are playing now, just think how much better they'd be with Bosh. Those 1st round draft picks would likely both be late first round. I think the Thunder would have to add more to the deal besides White and Ibaka in order for us to bite. JMO

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Hmm ... I do like Jeff Green a ton and those two 1st rounders do sound enticing, but I'm still not sold. Seeing how well the Thunder are playing now, just think how much better they'd be with Bosh. Those 1st round draft picks would likely both be late first round. I think the Thunder would have to add more to the deal besides White and Ibaka in order for us to bite. JMO
                    I agree. the Thunder would have to sweeten the deal in order for a trade to happen. I do think that there are other teams out there that can offer more to the Raps in a Bosh trade.

Comment

• Bosh's Agent is in Town

Paul Jones: Bosh's agent Henry Thomas is in town. Why? As he says "I gotta see my guy play" Hmmm, wonder if there is anything else goin' on? Just asking. Twitter.com
                      HoopsHype.com

Read into it how ever you like. It could be nothing though.

Comment

• He could've seen him play on TV. Something's up.

Comment

• Agents do come for visits at times. If this were Kobe Bryant's agent coming to L.A. to see Kobe play no one would even notice.

Comment

• From Doug Smith's Blog today:
                            "I mention this only because someone else might have noticed and I’d be sure to be asked but, please, put this in the “Don’t Read Anything Into It” file.

Saw Henry Thomas, Chris Bosh’s agent, in the bowels of the Air Canada Centre before the game but I’m assured by those who know these kinds of things that it was nothing more than a regularly-scheduled visit that agents make to key clients throughout the season."

Sheesh a little insecure are we? There's no reason for panic people!

Comment

• Welcome, photoman! Thanks for posting the DS blog entry.

Arenalist may be panicking, I don't know, but I personally am only minutely concerned.

Seriously though. As I was saying earlier, I think if this wasn't a contract year it would not receive press.

Comment

• Exactly. What kind of agent would he be if he doesn't come in and see his client play on his home court a few times a year? Just like an agent in any field of employment, you have to wine and dine your client to ensure they will retain you, especially given the winfall both are about to get.

Comment

Working...
                                X