View Poll Results: Do you truely feel that Bosh will be in a Raptors uniform next season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 60.71%
  • No

    3 10.71%
  • Undecided

    8 28.57%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 166

Thread: CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like this trade rumour, i knew PJ liked Bosh ! he wanted to aquire him back when he signed his first extension . Now looks like they are going to try and trade for him. I would like the trade if it went down like this
    To LA

    Bosh
    Banks
    POB

    to To:

    Bynum
    Walton
    Morrison
    1st and 2nd round pick

    Bynum whos on the brink of becoming a very good player, another young role guy in walton and exp. contract in Morrison plus Picks. I would be happy with that . We get rid of Banks contract, move Andrea to the 4 which i think suits him better, leaving the line up looking like this

    Jack/Derozan/Hedo/Andrea/Bynum
    Bench: Walton,Jose,Weems,Amir,Belli,Evans,Wright and Rasho. Of course I would love it if Bosh didnt go but if he did i would hope BC gets his full value.

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
    I like this trade rumour, i knew PJ liked Bosh ! he wanted to aquire him back when he signed his first extension . Now looks like they are going to try and trade for him. I would like the trade if it went down like this
    To LA

    Bosh
    Banks
    POB

    to To:

    Bynum
    Walton
    Morrison
    1st and 2nd round pick

    Bynum whos on the brink of becoming a very good player, another young role guy in walton and exp. contract in Morrison plus Picks. I would be happy with that . We get rid of Banks contract, move Andrea to the 4 which i think suits him better, leaving the line up looking like this

    Jack/Derozan/Hedo/Andrea/Bynum
    Bench: Walton,Jose,Weems,Amir,Belli,Evans,Wright and Rasho. Of course I would love it if Bosh didnt go but if he did i would hope BC gets his full value.
    I'd rather Luke Walton was left out of the trade. He has four years left on his contract including this season. The Raptors are better off with Marcus Banks, or take Vujacic, and allowing their contracts to expire in 2011.

    The Raptors can acquire a better player than Walton for the same money with their MLE in the summer. Best to keep that bit of cap flexibility.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    I'd rather Luke Walton was left out of the trade. He has four years left on his contract including this season. The Raptors are better off with Marcus Banks, or take Vujacic, and allowing their contracts to expire in 2011.

    The Raptors can acquire a better player than Walton for the same money with their MLE in the summer. Best to keep that bit of cap flexibility.
    Really i think he be a great player coming off the bench as an energy guy along with Amir. 4.5 mill isnt too bad what can u get these days for that ? especially for someone who has proven himself in the past. Who you got in Mind?

    We got lucky with Jack who has panned out at 5 mill/year but BC got criticized for it by everyone .

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Luke Walton
    • Below average but serviceable defender + solid rebounder (once every six minutes) + inefficient scorer with good versatility for a role player in the ways he can score (Only once in his six seasons has been an efficient scorer and he hasn't come close to repeating that. For his career, he has a true shooting percentage of 51%) + very good passer.
    • Only able to play one position (SF) at a good level ... performance drops significantly at SG or PF.
    • I also think you'll see a lot less from him once he's outside of the Triangle offense because that greatly helps his ability to utilize his passing abilities + take advantage of good spacing for shooting opportunities.
    I don't think that skill set is that valuable.

    I don't think it'll be difficult at all to find a superior option through free agency with the MLE. All players signed for the MLE last season were superior to Walton and several players that signed for less than the MLE were superior to Walton. There is also a good likelihood that a team can find a player comparable to Walton for half the MLE allowing them to sign two solid role players. And it's like this every offseason.

    I guess it all comes down to how valuable folks feel Luke Walton is. That'll shape a lot of the discussion.

    Personally, I don't think much of him and consequently feel he's easily upgraded via free agency.

  5. #65
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not for trading Bosh at all, unless CB4 indicates to BC that he will not resign. In that case of course BC should make a move. This is the first trade idea/rumour that actually comes close to being a good idea and making sense for tha Raps. Bringing in Bynum will allow Bargs to move to the 4, which most people believe is a better position for him. Bynum will give the Raps the traditional C many of us have been asking for. He'll get his 15-18 points a game, as well as rebound and block for the Raps.

    Raps get:

    Bynum
    Odom

    LA gets:

    CB4
    Wright or POB or whoever the else will fit

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Rookie Seeten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is no way in this world that LA is giving up Odom too. No way. I'd certainly do this deal if I were BC, but thats not going to happen.

  7. #67
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Seeten wrote: View Post
    There is no way in this world that LA is giving up Odom too. No way. I'd certainly do this deal if I were BC, but thats not going to happen.
    You're probably right...wishful thinking on my part.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's typical NY Post trash. Believe me, myself being part New Yorker, Vecsey has no credibility to back up this kind of rumor. When I read it, it sounded more like an April Fools' joke when you consider that he pretty much says the trade would not work until the off-season when Bynum stops being a BYC player.

    Regarding the idea of Bynum for Bosh in general, if I had to choose a trade package for Bosh, Bynum would be the best returning centerpiece available. It's also a lot more realistic than, say, the theoretical GSW package, since it's unlikely a non-playoff team would give up so much for a player who is unlikely to re-sign with them.

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Luke Walton
    • Below average but serviceable defender + solid rebounder (once every six minutes) + inefficient scorer with good versatility for a role player in the ways he can score (Only once in his six seasons has been an efficient scorer and he hasn't come close to repeating that. For his career, he has a true shooting percentage of 51%) + very good passer.
    • Only able to play one position (SF) at a good level ... performance drops significantly at SG or PF.
    • I also think you'll see a lot less from him once he's outside of the Triangle offense because that greatly helps his ability to utilize his passing abilities + take advantage of good spacing for shooting opportunities.
    I don't think that skill set is that valuable.

    I don't think it'll be difficult at all to find a superior option through free agency with the MLE. All players signed for the MLE last season were superior to Walton and several players that signed for less than the MLE were superior to Walton. There is also a good likelihood that a team can find a player comparable to Walton for half the MLE allowing them to sign two solid role players. And it's like this every offseason.

    I guess it all comes down to how valuable folks feel Luke Walton is. That'll shape a lot of the discussion.

    Personally, I don't think much of him and consequently feel he's easily upgraded via free agency.

    Aww i see what u did there, let me try now

    Jarret Jack
    Average defender combo guard who plays well against smaller guards, but insufficient when used as a SG as he becomes undersized in those Match Ups.

    Good passer but not great, as he has a career 4.1 assists.
    Average shot career 44.5% from the field, but is a very good driving to the basket especially when being guarded by undersized pg's.

    Good 3point shot career average 39% but can be streaky.
    In my opinion those are some good qualities, but i dont think much of him because i say so.

    Look i can do it too!!!!

    You can break down any players's good and bad qualities, write down a bunch of stats then basically say i dont like them, quit trying to be a know it all and just say it !!. BTW i like Jack he's the shit and should be starting every game and playing in the last minutes of every game with Jose on the bench.

  10. #70
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    sources believe there could be legs to a scenario that would send Bosh to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum. Bynum’s base-year compensation status complicates matters slightly, but sources believe a workable deal could be consummated. The next five weeks are critical for the Raptors, who at 19-19 are still very much in the Eastern Conference playoff picture. If they fall out of contention, the temptation to deal Bosh and get something in return rather than lose him as an unrestricted free agent summer and get nothing could rise to irresistible levels. A trade would give Bosh the option of signing an extension with his new team rather than opting out of his contract and signing a new deal after the season. That option also exists with the Raptors, but there’s been no movement in that direction.
    CBS Sports

    If it actually does happen look for multiple "Bosh is underrated" articles to spring up throughout the American media. He becomes a "superstar" over night.

  11. #71
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The countdown to the end of the Chris Bosh era in Toronto has officially begun. The Rockets, who have Tracy McGrady’s insurance-protected $23 million expiring deal, are believed to be interested
    The next five weeks are critical for the Raptors, who at 19-19 are still very much in the Eastern Conference playoff picture. If they fall out of contention, the temptation to deal Bosh and get something in return rather than lose him as an unrestricted free agent summer and get nothing could rise to irresistible levels. A trade would give Bosh the option of signing an extension with his new team rather than opting out of his contract and signing a new deal after the season. That option also exists with the Raptors, but there’s been no movement in that direction.
    CBS Sports

    The biggest obstacle to a T-Mac trade remains his $22.5 million salary and the number of players required from the other team(s) to make a deal. The Rockets are willing to take on, say, one unfriendly contract for the privilege of acquiring a top-shelf player, but not multiple bad contracts.
    ESPN
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 11th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

  12. #72
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    + Sources from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors insist there have been no talks between the two clubs regarding an Andrew Bynum-for-Chris Bosh swap.

    The Lakers view the 22-year-old Bynum as a key building block and a player whose best years are ahead of him. And Toronto has thus far been steadfast in its stance not to entertain trading Bosh this season.

    Sources say the Raptors will not consider moving Bosh before next month's trade deadline unless Bosh tells them he definitely will not return to Toronto next season.

    Toronto's Plan A has always been to re-sign Bosh. However, in considering all possibilities, the club has had internal discussions about Plans B and C, which would include trying to get as good a big man as possible for Bosh (if re-signing him was out of the question).

    Obviously, Bynum would fit the bill. Still, for now, put this one in the category of fantasy.
    ESPN.com

  13. #73
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ESPN: No Talk Regarding a Bosh for Bynum Swap

    All a bunch of rubbish as I'm sure most of you originally thought when the rumours began late last week.

    Courtesy of Chris Broussard from ESPN:

    ources from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors insist there have been no talks between the two clubs regarding an Andrew Bynum-for-Chris Bosh swap.

    The Lakers view the 22-year-old Bynum as a key building block and a player whose best years are ahead of him. And Toronto has thus far been steadfast in its stance not to entertain trading Bosh this season.

    Sources say the Raptors will not consider moving Bosh before next month's trade deadline unless Bosh tells them he definitely will not return to Toronto next season.

    Toronto's Plan A has always been to re-sign Bosh. However, in considering all possibilities, the club has had internal discussions about Plans B and C, which would include trying to get as good a big man as possible for Bosh (if re-signing him was out of the question).

    Obviously, Bynum would fit the bill. Still, for now, put this one in the category of fantasy.
    Source - Click here

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Everyone must in total shock! LOL

    Byum is a BYC player - Raps are not going into luxury tax to do this deal.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

    Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

  15. #75
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Nuggets inquired about Bosh


    Travis Heath: Denver has inquired about Bosh but Toronto was asking for way too much. Nugs nearly nabbed Jeff Foster last week. Twitter.com
    HoopysHype.com

  16. #76
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If that is true, it implies that the Raptors are looking to shop him. No idea what to believe, maybe BC asked for Carmelo and got hung up on.

  17. #77
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think there's a deal to be had with the Nuggets but you're right, it sure does imply a lot.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    If that is true, it implies that the Raptors are looking to shop him. No idea what to believe, maybe BC asked for Carmelo and got hung up on.
    Not sure I agree. The Nuggets called Toronto. Just like in any like-situation, you shoot for the moon. It also lets you know the Nuggets are interested, so if your hand is forced later, you have a willing-to-listen partner. Not sure how you can pull "the Raptors are looking to shop him" from that.

  19. #79
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well Bosh's name has been popping up in a lot of places. Colangelo and the Raptors don't exactly seem to be saying "Bosh is untouchable". "Shopping" doesn't necessarily mean looking to deal. It could mean determining fair market price to help determine if they should deal. Based on all the rumored offers, Colangelo must be starting to get an idea of what the market thinks Bosh is worth. If the Bynum rumor has any legs to it and the Lakers and Raptors are just putting out a smoke screen then I'm thinking Bosh will allow the Raptors to land a marquee player for their young core at the least.

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Denver has nothing to give up for Chris Bosh outside of Carmelo ... it was definitely Melo that BC asked for and rightly so.

    Like so many other teams in the NBA, Denver had no strong level of interest in the player they were calling about. Just cursory interest, to see if they could get a steal. Get a good player without having to lose a good player. The difference between real interest and not.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •