View Poll Results: Do you truely feel that Bosh will be in a Raptors uniform next season?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 60.71%
  • No

3 10.71%
  • Undecided

8 28.57%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Link - The Sacramento Bee

On the Kings' side, the idea of giving up any of their core players for one with an expiring contract and the inherent uncertainty thereafter is equally unappealing. The same outlook applies to Toronto forward Chris Bosh, who Kings officials are believed to see as a good fit but who also comes with too much inherent risk because of his expiring contract.
    This same scenario applies to about 25 other teams.

Raptors Republic Rookie Deanialist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You might as well take the Warriors and T-Wolves off your list as I am unsure why Bosh would prefer to play there than here. In fact I don't know why Bosh would want to play in either of those places period.
    Ok and did you consider what if Bosh flat out says "I won't re-sign with Golden State or Minnesota"? Those two teams would want some sort of assurance that Bosh would re-sign if that Raptors had any hope of landing something fair in return. He's not going to want to leave Toronto to go play with the likes of the Warriors or Wolves, it would make no sense for him. The point of leaving would be to go to a more competitive team.
    Of course some teams might want him to stay but look at the free agent class as a whole...Not just LBJ, D-Wade & CB4 there are some great players to be had other than those 3 imagin a team that gets a duo of Joe Johnson & David Lee
    or Amare Stoudemire & Nate Robinson or Carlos Boozer & Josh Howard...ect.

Each duo could be had for what Bosh will be asking for.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're underrating Joe Johnson and David Lee's values. Lee wasn't able to get a pay day in the summer because team were holding out for the summer of 2010. He may have a lot more takers this time. Joe Johnson is having a career year as a leader. He's proving this year that he has arrived as one of the top guys in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're underrating Joe Johnson and David Lee's values. Lee wasn't able to get a pay day in the summer because team were holding out for the summer of 2010. He may have a lot more takers this time. Joe Johnson is having a career year as a leader. He's proving this year that he has arrived as one of the top guys in the league.
    Yes but Joe Johnson is not going to get 20 million I would say 14-15 at the most...

& David lee will only get 10-12 mill the most...

Bosh 21-23 mill...

You get my point?

Post Thanks / Like

A max deal will have Bosh starting at $21-23M? YIkes, didn't know that!

I had something my my mind like Jermaine's expiring deal, $20M+ in the final three years, escalating.

Post Thanks / Like

A max deal will have Bosh starting at $21-23M? YIkes, didn't know that!

I had something my my mind like Jermaine's expiring deal, $20M+ in the final three years, escalating.
    Yah & who knows Bosh could be putting himself into elite company if he keeps the numbers he is getting right now...

I would say Ball park

LBJ 25mill (could be 28mill)
    Wade 24 or 26mill
    Bosh 21 or 23 mill

Which is the reason why many people in raptor land think that he's gonna get traded...
    Not that Bosh isn't a great player it's just that he ain't no Shaq nor is he KG in there prime so in my eyes even as good as he is playing right now he just isn't worth 21-23mill per.
    Last edited by Deanialist; Wed Jan 27th, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, what? At the end of this season Bosh will have 7 years experience in the NBA. That means his max contract can be 30% of the cap, which is projected to be about 54 million for this season. That's 16.2 million, not 21-23 million.

So Bosh will likely make 16.2 million the first season, with 5% raises for every year thereafter. That's:

16.2 - 17.01 - 17.86 - 18.75 - 19.69 (Total = 89.51 million dollars)

That's the maximum another team that is under the cap can offer Bosh. If he signs with the Raptors or does a sign-and-trade, he gets an additional year at 20.67 million.

It's possible that someone offers him the maximum raise percentage of 10.5% every year, but that's a lot of dough! So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)

If he wants to go for maximum amount of money, it makes more sense for him to sign an extension now (if it were offered) while picking up his player option for next season (where he will make $17.15 million).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deanialist wrote: View Post
    Yah & who knows Bosh could be putting himself into elite company if he keeps the numbers he is getting right now...

I would say Ball park

LBJ 25mill (could be 28mill)
    Wade 24 or 26mill
    Bosh 21 or 23 mill

Which is the reason why many people in raptor land think that he's gonna get traded...
    Not that Bosh isn't a great player it's just that he ain't no Shaq nor is he KG in there prime so in my eyes even as good as he is playing right now he just isn't worth 21-23mill per.
    It doesn't work that way. A "max contract" for James, Bosh and Wade is the same. A max contract means maximum money allowed under the CBA. I can't confirm this right now but I remember reading an article where they were suggesting that Bosh's first year of his max contract was either a little less than his one year option value or his current year value. Not sure which because it was a long time ago that I had read this.

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    Um, what? At the end of this season Bosh will have 7 years experience in the NBA. That means his max contract can be 30% of the cap, which is projected to be about 54 million for this season. That's 16.2 million, not 21-23 million.

So Bosh will likely make 16.2 million the first season, with 5% raises for every year thereafter. That's:

16.2 - 17.01 - 17.86 - 18.75 - 19.69 (Total = 89.51 million dollars)
    I think you've understated what Bosh's contract will be. I think other teams can offer more than that.

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    It's possible that someone offers him the maximum raise percentage of 10.5% every year, but that's a lot of dough! So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)

If he wants to go for maximum amount of money, it makes more sense for him to sign an extension now (if it were offered) while picking up his player option for next season (where he will make $17.15 million).
    Aren't the Raptors the only team allowed under CBA rules to offer him the max pay escalation? Also, aren't the Raptors allowed to offer him an extra year beyond everyone else?
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 28th, 2010 at 10:19 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default .

Yes but Joe Johnson is not going to get 20 million I would say 14-15 at the most...

& David lee will only get 10-12 mill the most...

Bosh 21-23 mill...

You get my point?
    Didn't Joe reject a contract extension at that level in the offseason?

David Lee for sure rejected a 10 mil deal last year, and he has gotten a lot better since.

In any case, what you, I, or even MLSE thinks Bosh is worth is sort of irrelevant; plenty of other teams are willing to give him a max contract, so the market price is set.

As an analogy, I might think potatoes are too expensive at $1 per potato, and might think $1 of cabbage is a better value.
    But again, from the perspective of the potato salesman (Bosh), he honestly doesn't care what I think, and won't lower his price, since there are plenty of people who are willing to pay the price he wants.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if other teams can or cannot offer max pay raises in their contracts. But yes, only the Raptors can offer the extra year, hence why I said:

"So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)"

Which is 6 years at 126 million.

The Wizards were able to take Gilbert Arenas away from GSW when "The six-year, $111 million contract he signed in 2008 is one of the biggest in NBA history, and extends through the 2013-2014 season." (Hoopsworld: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15113)

If 6 years at 111 million dollars is "one of the biggest in NBA history", why should we believe Bosh will get 6 years 126 million in a tougher economy with a lower salary cap?

Post Thanks / Like

Because according to president Obama the economy has all but recovered....

I have a feeling the cap is going to stay the same or even go up.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely doubt the salary cap will stay at its current 57.7 million:

"In July the league told the teams to expect a cap in the $50-$53 million range, and their first midseason projections indicated it would probably fall closer to the high end of that range. A lot of teams have been using $53 million for their internal projections. Recent news from the league was that gate receipts are better than expected, which might add another $1 million or so to the cap. So right now I'm saying $53-$54 million..." Larry Coon, otherwise known as the guy who wrote this: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Unemployment is through the roof, people are still getting evicted and their government is $57 trillion in debt. Not to mention the looming commercial real estate crisis. The last person I will take a face value right now is Obama. Wall St. crashed the economy and then he turns around and fills his cabinet with Wall St. players.

Post Thanks / Like

Unemployment is through the roof, people are still getting evicted and their government is $57 trillion in debt. Not to mention the looming commercial real estate crisis. The last person I will take a face value right now is Obama. Wall St. crashed the economy and then he turns around and fills his cabinet with Wall St. players.
    LOL tooo funny...What I really ment to say is that Obama is saying everthing is fine & getting better but it isn't LOL

That aside maybe I might have been a couple mill off but who knows what could happen when it comes to the salary cap. Predictions are predictions & not always the truth.

Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris Bosh, No! He's Not Leaving The Raptors!

In a recent interview with Michael Grange of The Globe and Mail , both Bosh and Bryan Colangelo confirmed the obvious.

When Bosh was asked if he expected to be traded, “I doubt it.”

Asked if he wanted to be dealt, “No, no, no, no.”

When Bryan Colangelo was asked about his intentions with Bosh, “I have no intention to move him, and have absolutely every intention to keep him long-term.”

When Colangelo was asked if the Raptors owners, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE), were willing to become a luxury tax-paying team, he replied, “They want to win and they’re committed.”
    Chris Bosh, No! He's Not Leaving The Raptors!

So the speculation of Bosh leaving is now truly just that - unsubstantiated speculation.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Post Thanks / Like

Good find Steve. Maybe now all those media people down south will zip it.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a growing consensus that Bosh is staying in Toronto, until this summer, at least. Several sources around the league have said that Bosh trade talk has stalled in the past few weeks, thanks in large part to the Raptors' recent success on the court. The team is winning, and Bosh has been terrific. ESPN.com
    Hoops Hype

Sounds like ESPN is starting to wimper off into the shadows with their Chris Bosh bombshells. I find there wording funny as they never leave the possiblilty open that they're completely wrong. Instead they say shit like "staying in Toronto, until summer, at least". What does that even mean? That he's probably re-signing but could some day leave his team? Well Kobe is staying in L.A. until his current contract runs out, at least but then who knows? He could sign with the lowly Kings or maybe he joins a band of traveling acrobats? Remember, you didn't hear it here first.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 4th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its so hilarious ... it was only weeks ago that every ESPN analyst with the exception of maybe one were quoted in saying that the Raptors had no chance in retaining Bosh. Now all of a sudden most of them are singing a new tune.

Its amazing what a few wins can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Bosh is off the trade market. Sources close to the situation say not only is he happy with the direction of the franchise, but that he is open to doing a new deal in Toronto, something the Raptors are more than willing to do.
    Hoops World

And I guess that's a wRAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoops World

And I guess that's a wRAP.
    It's not over till the fat lady sings or Bosh cuts his dreadlocks off LOL

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information