No announcement yet.

CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMGWTFBBQ .... Bosh is getting traded? OMG, I hope its to the Magic for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson. They'd take us to the top!!!!111!!!1!1

Comment

• Smokescreen!!!

Comment

• Chad Ford update

Bryan Colangelo (Toronto)

You guys have to get over it. I'm not trading Bosh prior to the deadline; and by the way look at my boy Bargo go!
        Chad Ford
        (1:15 PM)

Yes, Bargnani is playing really well. As for Bosh, I think the Raptors will get clarity soon. The plan is to sit down with Bosh and his agent to try to get a good feel. If Bosh is coy, or unable to commit, I think the Raptors have to take that as a message that he is gone and get what they can in return. If he sends a strong signal that he wants to re-sign, then I think the Raptors hold onto him. If I was a betting man, I think Bosh is wearing a different uniform next year.
        mike (ca)

Loved you on the sports guys podcast, got to do it again, any moves by the lakers??
        Chad Ford
        (1:28 PM)

I think there is one big move for the Lakers ... Bynum for Bosh. If they don't make that happen then I don't think they make a deal.
        ESPN.com
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 20, 2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Chris Bosh Trade Watch 2010

I've taken all the trade rumors of the past couple weeks and placed him here in one location. It may be easier for everyone to keep up with all the rumors and discussion this way.

Comment

• Great idea Apollo. Just a shame it couldn't be titled "Hedo Turkoglu Trade Watch 2010" instead.

Comment

• Doc, FYI, that's 2011.

Comment

• Not a rumor, just an idea, but...

Instead of waiting for the summer to convince Bosh to spend the prime of his career with a team nowhere close to contending for the Larry O'Brien trophy, the Raptors would be wise to shop him right now and see if they can get something back for him.

They would be wise to look in the Pacific Northwest, where the Portland Trail Blazers, a team with assets to trade for Bosh, reside.

Portland does not have the cap room to acquire Bosh this summer in free agency, but it certainly has the assets to trade for him before the Feb. 18 deadline. If the Blazers did so, they would acquire Bosh's "Bird Rights" with him, meaning they could offer him more money than any other team, regardless of salary cap space, when Bosh inevitably hits the open market this summer.

If the Blazers were serious about acquiring Bosh, the best power forward in the game, they could easily do so without giving up two-time All-Star Brandon Roy. Pairing Roy with Bosh, who are both 25, would create one of the league's most devastating one-two combos. Considering Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are much older than both, it would be safe to say that Roy and Bosh "got next."

In fact, they can get Bosh without giving up a single All-Star player. A move that sends LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez, Jerryd Bayless, and Travis Outlaw's expiring contract to Toronto for Bosh works under the league's collective bargaining agreement and would significantly alter both franchises.
                The Bleacher Report

The most obvious problem with this guy's idea is that its very short sighted. The Raptors have a full roster and so how would they fit the three extra players?

Comment

• There is a growing sentiment, according to a report from the Denver Post, that the Raptors won't be inclined to trade Chris Bosh ahead of the trade deadline.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._to_deal_bosh/
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Doc, FYI, that's 2011.
                    We can only pray.

Comment

• *yawns*

- The Raptors likely will trade forward/center Chris Bosh by the deadline.

"He's done everything but send them a postcard," one source said.

Many expect Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo to be proactive in trade talks.
                      Source - Click here

Comment

• Sounds like the probability of Bosh staying is a lot higher than 50%

The Bosh Situation: Unlike Stoudemire, Bosh doesn't seem interested in going anywhere.

Sources close to the situation are saying Chris Bosh is likely not going to be traded before the NBA trade deadline and if the season plays out as it looks like it will, Bosh may sign a long-term deal in Toronto.

Raptors' general manager Bryan Colangelo is telling teams that call Bosh is not a player he's open to discussions about and from all indications around the team Bosh is pleased with the direction of the team.

The Raptors won't be title contenders this year, but Bosh's expectations were simply the team be competitive and playoff-bound with a bright future - and the Raptors look every bit the part.

The Raptors are 23-22, which is good enough for sixth place in the East; it might also be good enough to keep Bosh in Toronto long-term, which was Colangelo's plan from the beginning.
                        Hoops World

Comment

• In my oppinion Bosh will be traded at the deadline with whome I am not certain. For whome I am not sure.

I can say that any trade with Houston, GS or Portland or even Minny would net us a great return as far as assets...

I believe he will be traded because If he will be re-signed or have us construct a sign & trade we will be way over the cap, & MLSE as we all know is cheep like my father!
                          Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

• You might as well take the Warriors and T-Wolves off your list as I am unsure why Bosh would prefer to play there than here. In fact I don't know why Bosh would want to play in either of those places period.

Comment

• Eric (Indy)

Please tell me this Bosh for Bynum trade won't get done! I'm sick and tired of all these Big Market teams stealing other teams best players, ala Pau Gasol from Memphis; Garnett from Minny! This is the biggest reason I dislike the NBA other than the officiating!
                              Chad Ford
                              (1:34 PM)

Raptors are playing better which I think has taken some of the urgency out of trading Bosh. I think Bryan Colangelo is still hoping to convince him that the Raptors can be a future contender. But all other signs point to him leaving. I think it will come down to a day or two before the February deadline before we know for sure. But if they are going to trade Bosh then the Bynum for Bosh swap is as good as it gets.
                              ESPN.com

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                You might as well take the Warriors and T-Wolves off your list as I am unsure why Bosh would prefer to play there than here. In fact I don't know why Bosh would want to play in either of those places period.
                                I disagree I think Bosh could go anywhere as long as we get as much value as we can back.
                                Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Working...
                                X