Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mayo

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mayo

what kind of offer could we put together for oj?

grizz are capped 7.5 to 9 million for oj?

derozan gone? moved to sf?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    what kind of offer could we put together for oj?

grizz are capped 7.5 to 9 million for oj?

derozan gone? moved to sf?
    I would definitely offer for Mayo, he and Batum would be the two RFA players that I would be seriously looking at this summer with a long second look at CLee in Houston who will also be RFA.

9M is too much for Mayo though. Strange but as much as I have been thinking about it the last few weeks I still cannot settle on a number.

As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    ...As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.
    Why would another team trade a solid wing (which Derozan is not) and give up a pick? I guess I would go for a trade like that. Oh, might as well trade Calderon for a point guard who is just as good, but 5 years younger while we are at it.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, Mayo isn't really that much better than Derozan. For what we'd have to pay him, I'll pass.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Mayo... on my burger...
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I like Mayo... on my burger...
    Hiyoooooooooo!!!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No he's not much better than DeMar. DeRozan has more size and length so i'd rather keep him

Post Thanks / Like

I'd do derozen for mayo straight up.

Pretty sure grizz said they want a first round pick for him though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'd do derozen for mayo straight up.

Pretty sure grizz said they want a first round pick for him though.
    I would trade Barbosa for a mid-late 1st rounder, then flip it and DeRozan for Mayo in a heartbeat!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd do that too!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    I would definitely offer for Mayo, he and Batum would be the two RFA players that I would be seriously looking at this summer with a long second look at CLee in Houston who will also be RFA.

9M is too much for Mayo though. Strange but as much as I have been thinking about it the last few weeks I still cannot settle on a number.

As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.
    Derozan will be a very good player when he develops a shot and he is working hard at it. I would want to keep him for another two seasons after this to see if he can be more of an outside threat. Two more seasons or when we have a better idea if he can. He is still a rising star - we saw a glimpse of what he can become at the start of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

We did? This season?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyways I can't imagine DeMar's stock is very high right now

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    We did? This season?
    I only remember the one game vs. Cleveland when he hit like 4 threes.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Derozan will be a very good player when he develops a shot and he is working hard at it. I would want to keep him for another two seasons after this to see if he can be more of an outside threat. Two more seasons or when we have a better idea if he can. He is still a rising star - we saw a glimpse of what he can become at the start of the season.
    So you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will suddenly learn how to dribble, how to take a consistent jump shot, how to penetrate and finish aggressively, how to knock down an open three pointer and how to play good defense? So basically, you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will become what Mayo already is, instead of trading him for Mayo now??? I'd rather have that player now and enjoy his consistent contributions to the Raptors over the next two seasons, regarldess of the name on the back of his jersey.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    So you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will suddenly learn how to dribble, how to take a consistent jump shot, how to penetrate and finish aggressively, how to knock down an open three pointer and how to play good defense? So basically, you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will become what Mayo already is, instead of trading him for Mayo now??? I'd rather have that player now and enjoy his consistent contributions to the Raptors over the next two seasons, regarldess of the name on the back of his jersey.
    Mayo is overrated

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll trade mayo for our lottery pick. sorry, just can't wait another 3 years for some college kid scouts presume will be good
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Derozans been playing well lately.. Avging 20+ in the last 5 games. Looks to me as if he's making some strides.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Well Derozans been playing well lately.. Avging 20+ in the last 5 games. Looks to me as if he's making some strides.
    He is a tendency to finish seasons very very strong. (last two seasons, and usc) Maybe that'll carry onto the playoffs if we make it next season...

Why can't anyone see any potential in him? Like he's damn 22 years old. Let him develop.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Mayo is overrated
    He is....

Demar can be a much better player in the future. He's rebounding the ball, passing the ball, and scoring well recently.
    He needs to get stronger, better at ball-handling. Not amazing, but good enough, continue to develop the outside shot, and buy in defensively, he can be a very good player.

Recently since the Houston game, he answered everyone of what I said. He kept composure, was aggressive, hit shots, played good defense, he left it all out there....

Houston games seem to spark him. Just saying. Last year 37 points, this year sparks him to be better, and buy in.. Showed against New Orleans...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information