Mayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayo

what kind of offer could we put together for oj?

grizz are capped 7.5 to 9 million for oj?

derozan gone? moved to sf?

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    what kind of offer could we put together for oj?

grizz are capped 7.5 to 9 million for oj?

derozan gone? moved to sf?
    I would definitely offer for Mayo, he and Batum would be the two RFA players that I would be seriously looking at this summer with a long second look at CLee in Houston who will also be RFA.

9M is too much for Mayo though. Strange but as much as I have been thinking about it the last few weeks I still cannot settle on a number.

As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      ...As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.
      Why would another team trade a solid wing (which Derozan is not) and give up a pick? I guess I would go for a trade like that. Oh, might as well trade Calderon for a point guard who is just as good, but 5 years younger while we are at it.

Comment

Meh, Mayo isn't really that much better than Derozan. For what we'd have to pay him, I'll pass.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I like Mayo... on my burger...
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            I like Mayo... on my burger...
            Hiyoooooooooo!!!

Comment

No he's not much better than DeMar. DeRozan has more size and length so i'd rather keep him

Comment

I'd do derozen for mayo straight up.

Pretty sure grizz said they want a first round pick for him though.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I'd do derozen for mayo straight up.

Pretty sure grizz said they want a first round pick for him though.
                  I would trade Barbosa for a mid-late 1st rounder, then flip it and DeRozan for Mayo in a heartbeat!

Comment

Yeah I'd do that too!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      I would definitely offer for Mayo, he and Batum would be the two RFA players that I would be seriously looking at this summer with a long second look at CLee in Houston who will also be RFA.

9M is too much for Mayo though. Strange but as much as I have been thinking about it the last few weeks I still cannot settle on a number.

As for Derozan I say keep unless it is a sign and trade and we get something else of value like a pick AND have secured another solid wing.
                      Derozan will be a very good player when he develops a shot and he is working hard at it. I would want to keep him for another two seasons after this to see if he can be more of an outside threat. Two more seasons or when we have a better idea if he can. He is still a rising star - we saw a glimpse of what he can become at the start of the season.

Comment

We did? This season?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Anyways I can't imagine DeMar's stock is very high right now
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            We did? This season?
                            I only remember the one game vs. Cleveland when he hit like 4 threes.

Comment

Draft wrote: View Post
                              Derozan will be a very good player when he develops a shot and he is working hard at it. I would want to keep him for another two seasons after this to see if he can be more of an outside threat. Two more seasons or when we have a better idea if he can. He is still a rising star - we saw a glimpse of what he can become at the start of the season.
                              So you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will suddenly learn how to dribble, how to take a consistent jump shot, how to penetrate and finish aggressively, how to knock down an open three pointer and how to play good defense? So basically, you want to gamble two seasons on the hope that DeRozan will become what Mayo already is, instead of trading him for Mayo now??? I'd rather have that player now and enjoy his consistent contributions to the Raptors over the next two seasons, regarldess of the name on the back of his jersey.

Comment

Working...
                              X