No announcement yet.

Rondo on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had another idea, and no one has been posting in here for a while.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rf5n42

We get Allen and Rondo.
    I know allen is getting old, but i still see him starting for another year or two, and can be a great off the bench sniper for another year or two after that.

Boston gets a whole bunch of young players they can build around.

Our line-up:
    Rondo
    Allen/Barbosa
    MKG/JJ
    Bargs/Amir
    Val

Boston:
    Calderon/Bradley
    DD/Bayless
    Pierce/Green
    KG/ED/Bass
    O'neal/Gray
    +their draft picks

Comment

• I'm finding it difficult to see how Boston benefits from this deal.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I'm finding it difficult to see how Boston benefits from this deal.
        They get four young players, and a PG with great court vision and passing skills?
        I know its not a good deal, but I thought it was when i posted it

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
          Had another idea, and no one has been posting in here for a while.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rf5n42
          Bayless and Gray are end of rotation players or worse; their inclusion or exclusion has no impact on the trade in my opinion.

So it's basically Ed Davis, DeMar DeRozan, and Jose Calderon for Raja Rondo and Ray Allen. If I was the Boston GM, there is no way I would even consider this trade.

As an aside, the mention of players such as Bayless as a "young player" in trade proposals really irks me. If a "young player" is considered not good enough to receive a qualifying offer, then I think he should be referred to as a "trade filler" or "marginal player". To me, "young player" suggests intriguing potential, something I simply don't see in Bayless.
          Last edited by Hugmenot; Mon Mar 12, 2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            As an aside, the mention of players such as Bayless as a "young player" in trade proposals really irks me. If a "young player" is considered not good enough to receive a qualifying offer, then I think he should be referred to as a "trade filler" or "marginal player". To me, "young player" suggests intriguing potential, something I simply don't see in Bayless.
            Generally I include him as a "young player", because I do see potential in him . I have seen everyone else's opinion, and I have my own.
            Seeing as he is only 23 he is still young compared to a lot of players in the league.
            None of us really know how GM's view him, so he might be considered filler for them, but some may see him as a young player who has potential as a scoring pg, or a combo guard off the bench.
            I am an optimist so my trade ideas generally reflect this.

Comment

• How about something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6qmz8v3

With a sprinkling of picks/cash from both Toronto and Indiana to Boston. I don't think it is enough, but it may be close...

Comment

Working...
              X