Rondo on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondo on the block

So apparently, the Celtics want to get rid of Rondo. Would you want BC to try to get him ?

Something like :

Calderon + 1st round pick 2013 / Rondo ?

Fanchie wrote: View Post
    So apparently, the Celtics want to get rid of Rondo. Would you want BC to try to get him ?

Something like :

Calderon + 1st round pick 2013 / Rondo ?
    Since Boston has let it known that they do not want to build around him and cite his battles with his coach, the issue here would be why spend high when they are devaluing him off the bat. This year 2nd rounder and a choice to flip next year might be the addition to Calderon.

Comment

Yeah but they'll probably get tons of cool offers for him, so I wouldn't want to miss him just because we're being pick-greedy. We'll have 2 maybe 3 rookies next year and a very young core : I think i'd live without a first round selection in 2013. This team will need experience.

And from the way DC seems to have managed to change the locker room culture in a couple of months, I wouldn't be too worried about potential ego fights.
      Last edited by Fanchie; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Very much in agreement that next year first is not a priority and is a chip to solidify the team.

Comment

love rondo, one of my favourite players to watch. balls out every shift. but his attitude might be a problem for casey.

Comment

You know I have never been a fan of Rondo but I agree I respect his game with his balls out play and the 'whatever it takes to win' attitude. I think he is a Casey style player. Thinking about it now and how Casey has been able to get buy in from players, specifically how Bargnani talks about him, I think he would be an excellent coach for Rondo.

On the other hand thoughts of Rondo tithe Lakers Mike Brown would be the wrong type of coach for Rondo IMO.

Comment

Rondo is a good player, but I wonder how he would be in a situation where the role of leader falls squarely on his shoulders. He's use to playing with great players and I can see him being a real sulk playing for the Raptors. He needs veterans around him.

Still it's an intriguing line up:

Rondo
              Derozan
              Barnes/MKG
              Bargnani
              Val

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Rondo is a good player, but I wonder how he would be in a situation where the role of leader falls squarely on his shoulders. He's use to playing with great players and I can see him being a real sulk playing for the Raptors. He needs veterans around him.

Rondo
                Derozan
                Barnes/MKG
                Bargnani
                Val
                we better get barnes here or there is only one shooter on the floor. it would be hilarious to watch how much room other defenses would give a rondo, derozan and mkg back court.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                  You know I have never been a fan of Rondo but I agree I respect his game with his balls out play and the 'whatever it takes to win' attitude. I think he is a Casey style player. Thinking about it now and how Casey has been able to get buy in from players, specifically how Bargnani talks about him, I think he would be an excellent coach for Rondo.

On the other hand thoughts of Rondo tithe Lakers Mike Brown would be the wrong type of coach for Rondo IMO.

yeah brown would go nuts with rondo. but casey would get headaches when he pulled rondo for gambling for steals and costing us easy buckets i think. rondo and allens silky smoothness are the only reasons to ever watch a celtics game

Comment

I like Rondo but he's too much of a headcase. Casey could probably handle him, but I don't know what his attitude would do to all our young players. Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Also I'm pretty sure they're going to get some good offers for him, a second rounder and flipping firsts wouldn't cut it.

It'd be hilarious if it did though.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post

Rondo
                      Derozan
                      Barnes/MKG
                      Bargnani
                      Val
                      I think thats exactly whats pissing him in Boston...he has no juice in any discussions about plays...too many halloffamers ahead of him. He'd be automatic top dog here and what he probably wants. He also is the type of player who makes others better. That said I dont know if Ainge wants him in the same div/conf.

Comment

He's also the type of PG who likes/needs to push the ball but everyone else on the team is in their 50's.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've always thought of Rondo as overrated. Sure, the tripple doubles look great on the scoresheet, but I wonder what Rondo's career would've looked like not playing alongside 3 of the greatest of our generation. IMO, he's far below Chris Paul and Deron Williams. His jumper is still god-awful. And I can't help but think of him as somewhat spoiled in the sense he's been on a winning team since his high school days. I wonder how he'd respond playing for a mediocre team in Toronto now that he has an ego. It doesn't feel like a good personality fit.

Comment

He was very good before KG and Ray Allen got there
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              He was very good before KG and Ray Allen got there
                              Actually I think it's the opposite ceez. Rondo got significantly better after douchebag and Jesus Shuttlesworth arrived.

As for him coming to T-Dot, I'd love to him here. Imo he'd fit in great with the team and Casey's defensive philosphy. With the guys we currently have he'd be able to push the ball a lot more and generally be a part of a more open offense, which would suit his style I think. But it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X