Rondo on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapko wrote: View Post
    Jose cant play D, Rondo does not shoot. Who do you suggest we get??????????????????????????????
    To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind riding out Jose's contract with nice peices around him and draft a youg PG next year which Jose could help groom. I've feel like Toronto is not a destination for big name free agents and that adding talent will have to come through the draft....atleast until we become a winning team which would help to attract free agents.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed that nobody is talking about Thomas Robinson of Kansas coming to Toronto. There seems to be this idea among Raptors fans that Bargnani is untouchable. Yes, he's played great this year and perhaps moving him now that he is producing is to some people unthinkable, but Robinson to me anyways is looking like a young Amare Stoudamire. Explosive, strong, athletic and great motor. If he can evenutally add a 15ft to 20ft jumper to his arsenal he'd be a great player. The NCAA player of the year award (not sure exactly what it's called) is between Anthony Davis and Robinson, yet Raptor fans are showing him no love. He's the prototypical PF we've been trying to get for years now. Yet, eveyones only got an eye for a SF in the draft.

Bargnani straight up for Rondo. Then pair up Rondo with Robinson and you could have a really nice combination along the lines of Nast & Stat or CP3 and Griffin.

You'd have to get shooting from somewhere...perhaps adding Calderon in the deal for Rondo to acquire one of Boston's first round picks and then getting a Q. Miller, Terrence Ross, Terrence Jones....man the problem I always run into when I'm trying to look at the Raptors starting line up next year is DeMar. We need a SG that can you know...shoot.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Jondo
        Ronderone...

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          I'm a bit disappointed that nobody is talking about Thomas Robinson of Kansas coming to Toronto. There seems to be this idea among Raptors fans that Bargnani is untouchable. Yes, he's played great this year and perhaps moving him now that he is producing is to some people unthinkable, but Robinson to me anyways is looking like a young Amare Stoudamire. Explosive, strong, athletic and great motor. If he can evenutally add a 15ft to 20ft jumper to his arsenal he'd be a great player. The NCAA player of the year award (not sure exactly what it's called) is between Anthony Davis and Robinson, yet Raptor fans are showing him no love. He's the prototypical PF we've been trying to get for years now. Yet, eveyones only got an eye for a SF in the draft.

Bargnani straight up for Rondo. Then pair up Rondo with Robinson and you could have a really nice combination along the lines of Nast & Stat or CP3 and Griffin.

You'd have to get shooting from somewhere...perhaps adding Calderon in the deal for Rondo to acquire one of Boston's first round picks and then getting a Q. Miller, Terrence Ross, Terrence Jones....man the problem I always run into when I'm trying to look at the Raptors starting line up next year is DeMar. We need a SG that can you know...shoot.
          I have not been looking into him much because we have Amir/Ed/Bargs/and Val as our bigs, and people already think it is too crowded. I have not seen all that much hype about him, but have seen a lot on players such as MKG, Barnes and Davis.

We should take a look at him, if he is the BPA, but we would need to make quite a few trades to make it work.
          And for the record, I think that if we get a good offer for Bargs, we take it and run.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
            I have not been looking into him much because we have Amir/Ed/Bargs/and Val as our bigs, and people already think it is too crowded. I have not seen all that much hype about him, but have seen a lot on players such as MKG, Barnes and Davis.

We should take a look at him, if he is the BPA, but we would need to make quite a few trades to make it work.
            And for the record, I think that if we get a good offer for Bargs, we take it and run.
            Val and Robinson in the starting line up would be a great combination and our D would be solid once they've had some time to get some experience.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
              Ronderone...
              Sounds like some sort of canned pasta to me...

Comment

Rjose Ronderone

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Rjose Ronderone
                  scoobs? is that you scoobs?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Val and Robinson in the starting line up would be a great combination and our D would be solid once they've had some time to get some experience.
                    the match up nightmare that bargs is, if he could keep the defensive intensity up its too valuable. if he were to falter and regress back to old bargs moving him later would still be extremely easy.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      scoobs? is that you scoobs?
                      Was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• Boston wants a PG in return for Rondo
                        Boston wants Barbosa

So...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7vulmyz

Calderon and Barbosa for Rondo and O'Neal

Buy out O'Neal if he can still play and Boston still wants him. Otherwise just let him expire. Basically Calderon and Barbosa for Rondo.

OR

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7ulpbkg

Same trade as above, but:

Davis and next year's pick also go to Boston. This year's Boston pick comes to TO.

Comment

• Rondo going off against NY for 18 points, 20 assists and 17 rebounds. I just can't believe they want to trade him and not use him as their cornerstone. I don't believe the rumours about him.

Comment

• Rondo said in the post-game interview the rumors have been blown off......
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I was thinking about something George Karl said, and I am paraphrasing, but it basically was that if you don't have superstars you should try to have a top ten player at each position.

I know that it appears Rondo is not actually on the block, but I hope BCo is doing his due diligence because if (big IFS) Bargs 13 games weren't an aberration, Jonas pans out and we could get Rondo without giving up either Bargs or Big Val we would arguably have a top 10 pg, pf and center going forward...and all on pretty reasonable contracts.

If it didn't completely destroy our cap space I hope BCo would therefore consider trading any combination of players, other than Bargs and Jonas, to get Rondo...

Comment

• http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7ev5lgk
                                With Atlanta's pick going to Boston

Do you think this would be enough?
                                They get DD, Ed, Calderon and a first round draft pick for Rondo?

Then our line up looks like:
                                Rondo
                                Lamb/Beal
                                JJ
                                Bargs
                                Val

With Amir coming off the bench

Edit: Possibly throw in 2014 first rounder as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X