Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Toronto - Chicago

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Toronto - Chicago

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73t6bph

    Bayless for Asik and Butler.

    Word is the bulls really want a competent backup SG to provide their bench with scoring, and are willing to part with Butler and/or Asik if the deal makes sense. I originally thought Barbosa made a lot of sense for them but the reality is theres no one on that team who could jive with his contract that i'd like to see here.

    Bayless' deal expires at the end of the year too so if they feel he's not the answer that's 3 mil more than Asik's expiring that they could spend on a dude or 2.

    Asik is a fantastic defensive center that we could resign for next season while JV warms up, however, Gray might be cheaper.

    I'm high on Butler. He's been promising, has high character. I see him as a guy that could even easily start at SF so we could use JJ off the bench where he's been even more effective. Then again, he could play SG as well. Either way, he's fantastic depth and a nice piece to have moving forward.
    @jerboat

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7ltuk4j

    I guess that means that they want someone better than Watson then?
    Throw him in, and I think it looks more fair (but still doubt they do it)

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeetGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Bulls really like Asik, they'd want a lot more for him

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I dunno, i think they'd rather keep Gibson and can't move Boozer. At this point, wouldn't you rather get something for him if you were Chicago?
    @jerboat

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A shooting guard in PGsize with a bad attitude and expiring contract for a 7footer + rookie?

  6. #6
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    A shooting guard in PGsize with a bad attitude and expiring contract for a 7footer + rookie?
    What the hell do you mean bad attitude?

    Bayless is confident, fearless, and has good composure and competitive nature. He's expressive in emotions but hell he isn't a Demarcus Cousins. Bayless is a good combo guard, he ran the team well against the Magic tonight. Very good defender as well, I would love him on my team.

    Watch more Raptor games, and that name most certainly fits you.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One game does not make a difference. I have watched most raptor games this season - at least the home games. Not seen anything impressive from bayless. He is nowhere close to calderon yet he thinks he is good enough to start which is bad attitude for me. sure he is young and may turn out to be something. sure he is worth something just not a 7-footer like Asik. Call any GM and find out what they are willing to offer for Bayless. Not much would be my guess.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    One game does not make a difference. I have watched most raptor games this season - at least the home games. Not seen anything impressive from bayless. He is nowhere close to calderon yet he thinks he is good enough to start which is bad attitude for me. sure he is young and may turn out to be something. sure he is worth something just not a 7-footer like Asik. Call any GM and find out what they are willing to offer for Bayless. Not much would be my guess.
    i would rather someone think they were good enough to start and accept coming off the bench then a player who thinks of himself as nothing but a bench player. i like bayless' game. if he were a few inches taller he would be a way better 2 guard then derozan. im on record here somewhere saying i want him as our sixth man instead of barbosa next year. the unfortunate part is we either have to qualify him with over payment or risk someone else signing him. i hope that he is able to be with our team moving forward.

    i agree with you that chicago wont trade asik for him. almost no rebounding or defensive drop off from noah to him. a very good back up center.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    One game does not make a difference. I have watched most raptor games this season - at least the home games. Not seen anything impressive from bayless. He is nowhere close to calderon yet he thinks he is good enough to start which is bad attitude for me. sure he is young and may turn out to be something. sure he is worth something just not a 7-footer like Asik. Call any GM and find out what they are willing to offer for Bayless. Not much would be my guess.
    Of course one game doesn't make a big difference on someone individually, but it can spark something huge in the long run i.e Demar's 37 point performance.
    Bad attitude for someone who is willing to work hard, and give effort every night and have the confidence to believe he is a starter is awesome. That's competition and effort, and a killer instinct we need. Something this team has been lacking. Confidence and no fear. He's been an important guy for this team, he just goes out there and plays with effort, hustle, of course he makes questionable decisions, he takes bad shots, but it's going to happen. He's getting his rhythm back after missing almost half the season, and it's looking positive.

    EDIT* Plus, he accepts the role of coming off the bench. A "take one for the team" mentality. He likes the off-the-bench role. So...

    I would like Asik on this team, hell what team wouldn't want him? Tell me? But Bayless may not offer a lot back, but he can offer something for. That's why I like Bayless, good player, good character. Plus, his attitude isn't near Demar Derozan. That I can tell you it isn't "straight bull shit."

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Of course one game doesn't make a big difference on someone individually, but it can spark something huge in the long run i.e Demar's 37 point performance.
    Bad attitude for someone who is willing to work hard, and give effort every night and have the confidence to believe he is a starter is awesome. That's competition and effort, and a killer instinct we need. Something this team has been lacking. Confidence and no fear. He's been an important guy for this team, he just goes out there and plays with effort, hustle, of course he makes questionable decisions, he takes bad shots, but it's going to happen. He's getting his rhythm back after missing almost half the season, and it's looking positive.

    EDIT* Plus, he accepts the role of coming off the bench. A "take one for the team" mentality. He likes the off-the-bench role. So...

    I would like Asik on this team, hell what team wouldn't want him? Tell me? But Bayless may not offer a lot back, but he can offer something for. That's why I like Bayless, good player, good character. Plus, his attitude isn't near Demar Derozan. That I can tell you it isn't "straight bull shit."
    Are we talking about
    -the usefulness of Bayless in this current raptors roster ?
    or
    -Bulls trading their highly rated backup center for Bayless and throw in another good player in Butler for good measure?

    I stand by what I said. You will have to offer way more for Asik and this deal is a joke from Chiacago's perspective.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Are we talking about
    -the usefulness of Bayless in this current raptors roster ?
    or
    -Bulls trading their highly rated backup center for Bayless and throw in another good player in Butler for good measure?

    I stand by what I said. You will have to offer way more for Asik and this deal is a joke from Chiacago's perspective.
    Usefulness of Bayless to our current roster. And of course Asik for Bayless is too damn much to give up for! That's basically a given. I never said Bayless would be traded for Asik. I just said everyone would love to have Asik for this team, and Bayless doesn't have high trade value. We were talking about his attitude.....

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i agree with you that chicago wont trade asik for him. almost no rebounding or defensive drop off from noah to him. a very good back up center.
    Considering how often Asik closed the games early this season (I have not checked lately), Asik may be better than Noah defensively.

    I would not be surprised at all if Asik becomes a starter if he's traded to another team.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Considering how often Asik closed the games early this season (I have not checked lately), Asik may be better than Noah defensively.

    I would not be surprised at all if Asik becomes a starter if he's traded to another team.
    Noah has been very disappointing this season. Very..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •