Darius Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darius Morris

After watching some Michigan and some Lakers highlights of him I really like him as a key piece to our future, maybe we could package Barbosa for him some draft picks and TPE from the Odom Trade. How would you rate that trade. We all know that Jerryd Bayless can't handle the point maybe we can push him to the sixth man role and fill a role equivalent to Jason Terry. What do you guys think ?

Advantages:
    Increase Cap Space and Flexibility
    Get a Potential Point Guard of the Future in Morris
    Get Draft Picks
    Use Picks in other trades perhaps drafting up or Batum (Wink)

Disadvantages:
    Lose of the best sixth men in the NBA in Barbosa
    Darius might be a Bust.
    Yes
    37.50%
    No
    62.50%

I saw the highlight of Darius Morris t
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I saw the highlights too. They look pretty impressive but, I just dOnt like how he went so low in a weak draft.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
        After watching some Michigan and some Lakers highlights of him I really like him as a key piece to our future, maybe we could package Barbosa for him some draft picks and TPE from the Odom Trade. How would you rate that trade. We all know that Jerryd Bayless can't handle the point maybe we can push him to the sixth man role and fill a role equivalent to Jason Terry. What do you guys think ?

Advantages:
        Increase Cap Space and Flexibility
        Get a Potential Point Guard of the Future in Morris
        Get Draft Picks
        Use Picks in other trades perhaps drafting up or Batum (Wink)

Disadvantages:
        Lose of the best sixth men in the NBA in Barbosa
        Darius might be a Bust.
        Bayless will be the starter, because Morris doesn't play much, and when you come in DC's system, you have to earn your playing time. DC loves Bayless's defense.

Draft picks will be late picks. Right now L.A.L is in the top 8 of the league Something that can draft another point guard like Kabongo, Teague, even a small forward Quincy Miller if he continues to drop the boards...

The money should be used for Wilson Chandler. Just my opinion.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

That could benefit us in the Wilson chandler pursuit because Barbosa salary of 7.6 Million off the table due to the TPE the lakers have through the Odom Trade, If you see the workouts and the highlights you can see Darius Morris is 6-4 with long arms and above average lateral quickness which means he can intergrate to be apart of the DC system he just needs a chance

Comment

The Lakers are having real PG issues and he played only 6 minutes in february. He could be solid backup with more playing time, but I don't believe he's starter material or the answer to this team's prayers.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              The Lakers are having real PG issues and he played only 6 minutes in february. He could be solid backup with more playing time, but I don't believe he's starter material or the answer to this team's prayers.
              That's what I believe as well..
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I definitely like Morris and think he will be a solid PG in the future, but outside chance only of a starter. Shocking he went so low compared to some early mocks putting him a little outside the lottery.
                I would definitely like him here.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                  I definitely like Morris and think he will be a solid PG in the future, but outside chance only of a starter. Shocking he went so low compared to some early mocks putting him a little outside the lottery.
                  I would definitely like him here.
                  He'd be a decent piece, but there's no way in the world this team should be overreaching in terms of attempting to acquire him - meaning they shouldn't be giving up assets to secure his services, you know?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    He'd be a decent piece, but there's no way in the world this team should be overreaching in terms of attempting to acquire him - meaning they shouldn't be giving up assets to secure his services, you know?
                    For Calderon no. Morris and pick(s) for Barbosa yes.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I saw the highlights too. They look pretty impressive but, I just dOnt like how he went so low in a weak draft.
                      Darius Morris is the Jonny Flynn lite flavor of the month.

He went so low in a weak draft because most teams thought he would suck and they were proven right so far. My expectations is he will be out of the NBA in a year or two.

I see no point trading for players like Darius Morris, players who cannot find any playing time on a team that has a gigantic hole at the position they play.

Comment

Time will tell if 2011 was in fact a weak draft. One player who was taken after Morris is Isaiah Thomas who is giving Sacratomato some solid play of late.

I can't get enthused about Morris.

Comment

with morris i would be playing hard d every shift and every practice. with his frame and passing he could last a while if he were a lock down defender

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                            I see no point trading for players like Darius Morris, players who cannot find any playing time on a team that has a gigantic hole at the position they play.
                            if it were any other team i would agree. but i cant see brown or kobe having the patience with wanting to break in or teach a rookie. they are all win now. if they did have a competent pg he would get more playing time but they are forced to play fisher and blake. blake is a great back up but not starter material and fisher shouldn't be on the floor this year.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              if it were any other team i would agree. but i cant see brown or kobe having the patience with wanting to break in or teach a rookie. they are all win now. if they did have a competent pg he would get more playing time but they are forced to play fisher and blake. blake is a great back up but not starter material and fisher shouldn't be on the floor this year.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X