Boston Looking to Clean House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Looking to Clean House?

Team president Danny Ainge realizes that the Celtics won’t win the title and can only make the playoffs. That’s not good enough for a franchise that proudly flies 17 championship banners.

With the Big Three’s window now shut, Ainge is trying to land Atlanta’s Josh Smith and other young studs, while offering up Kevin Garnett. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen can also be had, for young players and draft picks. Rajon Rondo might be leaving, too, with the Lakers and Utah seen as possible destinations.
    Source: NY Times

Wow, lots of info here.
    • Garnett, Pierce and Allen are all on the block.
    • They're targeting Josh Smith, other young players and picks.
    • The main suitors for Rondo are the Lakers and Jazz. The Jazz have two lotto picks in the draft by the way.

I don't see them getting a top notch young players for any of the big three. They're simply too old. Their best bet is to stockpile draft picks like they did last rebuild and use those picks to deal their way back into relevance if they can't draft their way there.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Source: NY Times

Wow, lots of info here.
    • Garnett, Pierce and Allen are all on the block.
    • They're targeting Josh Smith, other young players and picks.
    • The main suitors for Rondo are the Lakers and Jazz. The Jazz have two lotto picks in the draft by the way.

I don't see them getting a top notch young players for any of the big three. They're simply too old. Their best bet is to stockpile draft picks like they did last rebuild and use those picks to deal their way back into relevance if they can't draft their way there.
    I wanna see Pierce retire a Celtic, he's just one of the best Celtics of all-time. If not, he's gotta be up there near the best.

Other than that, do it. Because if Rondo heads to Utah, they can include Harris, and the draft picks.

Ray Allen would be best on a contender, as a sixth man and shoot, shoot, shoot, or be a starter, which obviously he is, but maybe not at his age now.

Same position with Garnett, he just doesn't have that defensive explosiveness he used to have.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Based on Paul' track record he'd be happy to retire a Celt even if they deconstruct and begin a rebuild so if he leaves I'm thinking it's more Ainge's decision and not due to anything he's asked for.

Comment

I just hope for him to retire a Celtic, just one of the best of all-time. Great individual story as well.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X