Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2nd - Memphis Grizzlies (F'in Rudy Gay edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I did see who was with them. I have no problem with them taking shots, but I like to see ball movement. I'm cool with looking off Gray. Ed can score in the right places. That's Bayless's job as a point guard to involve his teammates and putting them in positions to succeed. Compare him to Calderon and it's night and day. Last night it was working for him, most nights it's not. I'm cool with him not being around next year, especially if he is playing the PG position.

Comment

NBA.com Dunk of the Night

JJ with the NBA.com Dunk of the Night

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Does anyone notice that we play very, very well against the best of the teams in the NBA. And lose to alot of the worse teams in non-respectable scores? We play down to our competition level.

Anyways, we hang with the best teams in the league, we lack talent, but hard work and effort shows a lot of how ''hard work beats talent, when talent isn't working hard." Except we didn't win, but almost did you can say..

This is a good point. I was watching the game from a Memphis T.V station and the announcers were saying the exact same thing. They were saying things like "If there is one team you can not sleep on, it is the Raptors. You have to treat them like other better teams". It was really strange to see americans speak so highly of the Raps (especially a Raptor team with such little talent). We put up a fight against any team and I really like that about Dwane Casey's coaching. With Triano and Mitchell it seems that we gave up a lot easier and with this team, we dont give up.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          DeMar didn't have horrible game. He had some problems scoring around the rim early in the game so he limited his shots. He knew he wasn't on. I don't think Allen (who scored 5 points) had that much to do with it. Now if DeMar would have went 2-16, then maybe you can go to town on him. I think it's good that he didn't force his game.

He is going to have bad games, it happens with young players. I like that you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for him to fail.

We out rebounded Memphis 36 to 35. How do you get on a SG for only having two rebounds. The big difference in this game was the turnovers 16-9. DeMar had none. If you guys are searching for another player to hate, it's not him.

As for Bayless, I don't see how you can like watching him. He is the biggest black hole on this team. For a three minute period in the fourth quarter it was Bayless and Barbosa taking turns doing isolation plays from the top. It was brutal to watch. Finally Casey pulled them for the starting line up. I really hope he isn;t around, because he is a poor man's Barbosa.
          Demar needs to continue to be aggressive, not force, but continue to attack, it's his skill. To score the basketball, and he only took 8 shots. He's the number one option on this without Bargnani, he's gotta be consistent, inconsistency happens with young players, but I've only realized now that it's just been way too inconsistent, I hope he finishes off strong like has in his last few seasons. Don't get me wrong, Demar is my favourite Raptor, but after such a "im here" game, how can you not talk about him? Btw, Tony Allen isn't a scoring guard, he's a defensive guard, and only averages 10 points a game. He shut Demar's ass down, he wins the battle of matchups. Demar had one nice block though.

Player to hate? Sherman Hamilton and Leo Rautins said it best (Hate to say it) when something isn't going right, you have to produce for your team another way, turnovers? They're not supposed to happen anyways so that's a given. He has 34 minutes in the damn game. He scores 4 points, and grabs 2 rebounds? Where's Barbosa?

Bayless is a scoring guard, and he sparks this team. He was efficient and was energized, a point per minute on the floor. He made bad decisions, but he made very good decisions too. He plays with confidence, no fear. I love it. Without Jose, we can't win and run our offense well, but without Bayless, we lose swagger, confidence, and defense. He brings little things Jose just doesn't have, that balances what Jerryd can't do.

We've always been a team that likes the combo of two point guards, i.e Jose, Jack - Jose, Ford - Jose, Bayless. I would take this combo out of any of those.
          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sat Mar 3, 2012, 06:22 PM.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

JJ's a cold dude
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              This is a good point. I was watching the game from a Memphis T.V station and the announcers were saying the exact same thing. They were saying things like "If there is one team you can not sleep on, it is the Raptors. You have to treat them like other better teams". It was really strange to see americans speak so highly of the Raps (especially a Raptor team with such little talent). We put up a fight against any team and I really like that about Dwane Casey's coaching. With Triano and Mitchell it seems that we gave up a lot easier and with this team, we dont give up.
              Well they've bought into pounding the rock. They have the competitive nature and instinct to get after it, we just lack talent to get us over the hump. Bargnani back, Valanciunas who is a much better upgrade at the centre, and a right-away contribute player from the draft, and we could look to hit the ground running.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X