Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jonas and Sonny get some love at LKL All-Star Game!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jonas and Sonny get some love at LKL All-Star Game!

This can eventually be merged with the Jonas thread, just thought I'd post this anyway for people to see.

Jonas was Awarded with the Most Outstanding Player (All-Star Game MVP), posting 25 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists.

Highlights:

Jonas showing a sense of humour as well, dressing up as .. Gandolf the Grey??
    Not to mention dressing up as a Ref! Love this kid! (What does that sign say he's holding up??)
    He also skips around the Court to 'Ice, Ice Baby'.

Am I missing something here?? haha

And in other news, Sonny Weems was awarded 'Most Impressive Player' for the Foreign players team.
    He also won the Dunk Contest!

Last edited by Joey; Sat Mar 3rd, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Sonny's second dunk was Demar's "The Showstopper."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    LOL. Sonny's second dunk was Demar's "The Showstopper."
    Demar did it better though. Sonny needed more Hangtime on it.
    His dunk from the Free Throw line is Legit though. If anything he was behind the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Demar did it better though. Sonny needed more Hangtime on it.
    His dunk from the Free Throw line is Legit though. If anything he was behind the line.
    Sonny's always been a "swaggy" dunker.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Both those videos made me smile, thank you! I love how Val, lifted up that little guy on the foreign team, to help him dunk. I also, wish i new what that sign he was holding up, said.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Rookie LeetGoose's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of Sonny's dunks were better than what we saw in this years Dunk Contest

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Val is going to be a beast!
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice, Ice Baby... This has to be Jonas' theme song when he comes over!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The sign Jonas is holding, says " Let's go 'Seibutis' " or i'd say more like "Go kick their asses 'Seibutis' " It's not easy to translate, but "Go kick their asses" should be best translation of the word "Pavaryk". Seibutis is the name of his teammate. This all thing started when another player in a radio, before important game said that phrase "Seibuti pavaryk" (meaning "Seibutis, go kick their asses"). And radio caught this phrase, made it famous like "i'll be back" by Arnold or whatever.
    In Toronto case translation would be like "GO DeMar"
    Fans are holding that sign in most of Lietuvos rytas games now. The most fun thing was in last VTB game, when some dude dressed like referee came into the court during the break and was showing that sign (you can find video in JV thread posted by Random guy i think).
    So JV was making parody of that movement. He is really playing for fun and for crew

See video bellow of All star game for interview and some highlights, there is translation:
    Girl (i'd hit her...): Here is Jonas Valanciunas, MVP of last year year All star game, how do you feel repeating the fame this year?
    JV: You know, i feel very well. It is not the prize (MVP) or anything. The most important for me was to make this event interesting to people. All star day is not serious day, you need to make something nice and fun for people to enjoy. I was trying to do that, i might have "failed" at most, but i've tried.
    Girl: Who will you remember most out of this weekend?
    JV: Seibutis, i think. (his teammate, he is joking again here).
    Girl: How is your too short referre pants, and referee work ?
    JV: Sleepers was too small (he was in sleepers while doing referee job), despite of that it was all fine.
    Girl: About the game. Were you preparing for the game some combinations or was it all pure improvisation?
    JV: Improvisation. We had no basketball related training for this game really.
    Girl: And the last question. You were the most fun player on the court today. What emotions did it bring to you?
    JV: Emotions are high, i'm in a really good mood. the most important is... i like the day very much i'm happy.

later, he was receiving MVP award.
    Dude: i've heard you have some experience in folk dancing?
    JV:Yes, i do.
    Dude: Aiste (girls name), come here. I was curious my whole life, how do you (JV) dance? Lets try Lithuanian national folk dance by Ice Ice baby. I will keep that prize if you don't mind. Music!
    the end of the dance
    Dude: Beautiful. Thanks, Aiste, don't enjoy it too much, thank you Wonderfull dance! DO YOU FEEL THE SAME ? (arena makes the sound)

P.S. Too bad there is not much video of his dribbling around the court, where he just passed out instead of finishing. Nice movement.

another video including the same as before mostly, but shot out of the bounds and american football movement at the end
    Last edited by irgigi; Sun Mar 4th, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This can eventually be merged with the Jonas thread, just thought I'd post this anyway for people to see.

Jonas was Awarded with the Most Outstanding Player (All-Star Game MVP), posting 25 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists.

Highlights:

Jonas showing a sense of humour as well, dressing up as .. Gandolf the Grey??
    Not to mention dressing up as a Ref! Love this kid! (What does that sign say he's holding up??)
    He also skips around the Court to 'Ice, Ice Baby'.

Am I missing something here?? haha

And in other news, Sonny Weems was awarded 'Most Impressive Player' for the Foreign players team.
    He also won the Dunk Contest!

Valanciunas's dribbling at 0:25 seems to be much better than Derozan's!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote irgigi wrote: View Post
    The sign Jonas is holding, says " Let's go 'Seibutis' " or i'd say more like "Go kick their asses 'Seibutis' " It's not easy to translate, but "Go kick their asses" should be best translation of the word "Pavaryk". Seibutis is the name of his teammate. This all thing started when another player in a radio, before important game said that phrase "Seibuti pavaryk" (meaning "Seibutis, go kick their asses"). And radio caught this phrase, made it famous like "i'll be back" by Arnold or whatever.
    Fans are holding that sign in most of Lietuvos rytas games now. The most fun thing was in last VTB game, when some dude dressed like referee came into the court during the break and was showing that sign (you can find video in JV thread posted by Random guy i think).
    So JV was making parody of that movement. He is really playing for fun and for crew

See video bellow of All star game for interview and some highlights, there is translation:
    Girl (i'd hit her...): Here is Jonas Valanciunas, MVP of last year year All star game, how do you feel repeating the fame this year?
    JV: You know, i feel very well. It is not the prize (MVP) or anything. The most important for me was to make this event interesting to people. All star day is not serious day, you need to make something nice and fun for people to enjoy. I was trying to do that, i might have "failed" at most, but i've tried.
    JV: Sleepers was too small (he was in sleepers while doing referee job), despite of that it was all fine.
    Girl: About the game. Were you preparing for the game some combinations or was it all pure improvisation?
    Girl: And the last question. You were the most fun player on the court today. What emotions did it bring to you?
    JV: Emotions are high, i'm in a really good mood. the most important is... i like the day very much i'm happy.

Dude: Aiste (girls name), come here. I was curious my whole life, how do you (JV) dance? Lets try Lithuanian national folk dance by Ice Ice baby. I will keep that prize if you don't mind. Music!
    the end of the dance
    Dude: Beautiful. Thanks, Aiste, don't enjoy it too much, thank you Wonderfull dance! DO YOU FEEL THE SAME ? (arena makes the sound)

P.S. Too bad there is not much video of his dribbling around the court, where he just passed out instead of finishing. Nice movement.

another video including the same as before mostly, but shot out of the bounds and american basketball movement at the end

Thank you, irgigi. Very kind of you to fill us in on what was said.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Thank you, irgigi. Very kind of you to fill us in on what was said.
    agreed. The more i see of this guy .. the more I like him. He doesn't shy away from the stage (showing confidence) .. something this team majorly needs. I can't think of another guy on the current roster (maybe Bayless) that would have the balls to do something like this .. whether it was in their home country or not ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote irgigi wrote: View Post

the end of the dance

another video including the same as before mostly, but shot out of the bounds and american football movement at the end
    What a fantastic post. Thanks so much Irgigi!

His drive to the basket in that last video you posted, where he basically pretends to be a running back, is quite hilarious.
    That and when the referee takes the ball from out of bounds and Puts up the shot!

This All-Star Game looks like ALOT of fun.

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas's dribbling at 0:25 seems to be much better than Derozan's!
    Ugh. Its funny because its true.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He looks like a practical joker. The grave-looking raptors need a few talented characters like him.

As for Weems he can stay in Lithuania if his jumpshot doesn't improve. We all know he can get to the rim.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post! JW guys, when does the Lithuanian season/ Eurocup end? Just thinking it would be sick if JV could come over for the end of the NBA year

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! He's limping! And using a cane! . Looks like we have shaq 2.0 (at least the kazaam shaq). Hope he doesn't lose that exuberance in T.O

Post Thanks / Like

Quote IROR wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the post! JW guys, when does the Lithuanian season/ Eurocup end? Just thinking it would be sick if JV could come over for the end of the NBA year
    He won't be able to play this season. But it would be cool to see him on the bench :P

Raptors Republic Rookie Lucamacus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did sonny change his last name to Weemsas? its what the graphic showed during the dunk comp....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weems / DeRozan

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    He looks like a practical joker. The grave-looking raptors need a few talented characters like him.

As for Weems he can stay in Lithuania if his jumpshot doesn't improve. We all know he can get to the rim.
    Unfortunately what you say about Weems goes double for DeRozan. He's the same type of player but actually has more skill than DeRozan. Bottom line is neither should start for the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pizzaman is a big time hater. Demars and weem's talent level are not on par. Demar is much much better and has a way higher ceiling. I dont know if u watch the raptors at all cause derozan has been playing very well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information