Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas and Sonny get some love at LKL All-Star Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no! He's limping! And using a cane! . Looks like we have shaq 2.0 (at least the kazaam shaq). Hope he doesn't lose that exuberance in T.O

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
      Thanks for the post! JW guys, when does the Lithuanian season/ Eurocup end? Just thinking it would be sick if JV could come over for the end of the NBA year
      He won't be able to play this season. But it would be cool to see him on the bench :P
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Did sonny change his last name to Weemsas? its what the graphic showed during the dunk comp....

Comment

Weems / DeRozan

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
          He looks like a practical joker. The grave-looking raptors need a few talented characters like him.

As for Weems he can stay in Lithuania if his jumpshot doesn't improve. We all know he can get to the rim.
          Unfortunately what you say about Weems goes double for DeRozan. He's the same type of player but actually has more skill than DeRozan. Bottom line is neither should start for the Raptors.

Comment

Pizzaman is a big time hater. Demars and weem's talent level are not on par. Demar is much much better and has a way higher ceiling. I dont know if u watch the raptors at all cause derozan has been playing very well

Comment

wow, that's one fugly cheerleader/dance partner.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Both those videos made me smile, thank you! I love how Val, lifted up that little guy on the foreign team, to help him dunk. I also, wish i new what that sign he was holding up, said.
                lol does that count as an assist for Val? haha

Comment

lol...Big V looks like he's the anti-Bargnani. Actually shows emotion, jokes around, rebounds, and throws the ball down with force! Next year is gonna be interesting.

Comment

Tmar wrote: View Post
                    lol...Big V looks like he's the anti-Bargnani. Actually shows emotion, jokes around, rebounds, and throws the ball down with force! Next year is gonna be interesting.
                    When Bargnani played games this season, he showed expressions, he was smiling, and loved the game as if it was his child.

sometimes no emotion and straight composure is what a team needs, and hey, it's worked for him this season when he played, so why not continue to keep up maturity?

He rebounded the ball this season at a much better rate, and he isn't a big time dunker, but he'll get to the rim with will at his size.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lucamacus: Weemsas is simply a Lithuanisation of the name. Lithuanian names have endings to show if they are the subject, object of the verb, etc. The standard default is to add -as (although other endings also work, like -ius or -a). So it's Sonnyas Weemsas, Demaras Derozanas, Linas Kleiza, Jonas Valanciunas, Andreas Bargnanius, Aaronas Greyas, Lucamacus and so on.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Pizzaman is a big time hater. Demars and weem's talent level are not on par. Demar is much much better and has a way higher ceiling. I dont know if u watch the raptors at all cause derozan has been playing very well
                        Actually not a hater at all. I have just never bought the hype around Demar. I have watched pretty much every Raptor game they've ever played and he is a SG without the skills. He has bad shooting mechanics, cannot handle the ball, cannot pass, and cannot play defense. He actually watches the ball when he dribbles. He can however dunk when he's open and that impresses the kids. At best he is a bench guy and quite frankly Weems is at least as good.
                        No hate just my opinion and what I see.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                          Actually not a hater at all. I have just never bought the hype around Demar. I have watched pretty much every Raptor game they've ever played and he is a SG without the skills. He has bad shooting mechanics, cannot handle the ball, cannot pass, and cannot play defense. He actually watches the ball when he dribbles. He can however dunk when he's open and that impresses the kids. At best he is a bench guy and quite frankly Weems is at least as good.
                          No hate just my opinion and what I see.
                          I made a similar post about DeRozan/Weems early last year. I saw more potential in Weems as a SG because he was one of the few players on the Raptors able to create his own shot in ISO situations. DeRozan gets the longer leash because he's younger, and because the Raptors invested a lottery pick on him. But if Weems was given the same opportunities to learn through his mistakes, I would guess Weems would end up the better player simply because his basketball fundamentals (dribbling, passing, shooting, defence) are already better than DeRozan's, with much less NBA minutes under his belt (2800 mins vs. 5700).

But Weems's biggest question mark is his passsion and maturity. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of Weems singing/dancing in the locker room after the Raptors were eliminated from playoff contention.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Mar 5, 2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            He won't be able to play this season. But it would be cool to see him on the bench :P
                            Even if Jonas was able to join us late this season, I would prefer he stayed in Lithuania. From a financial perspective, it wouldn't be wise to waste one of Jonas's rookie-salary seasons where he's only on the roster for a few games. I'd rather have his year-1 be a full season. More bang for our buck this way.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I made a similar post about DeRozan/Weems early last year. I saw more potential in Weems as a SG because he was one of the few players on the Raptors able to create his own shot in ISO situations. DeRozan gets the longer leash because he's younger, and because the Raptors invested a lottery pick on him. But if Weems was given the same opportunities to learn through his mistakes, I would guess Weems would end up the better player simply because his basketball fundamentals (dribbling, passing, shooting, defence) are already better than DeRozan's, with much less NBA minutes under his belt (2800 mins vs. 5700).

But Weems's biggest question mark is his passsion and maturity. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of Weems singing/dancing in the locker room after the Raptors were eliminated from playoff contention.
                              I absolutely agree that Weems would be the better player with more playing time as his fundamentals are much better than Demar's, and you're right the biggest problem with Weems was his heart. He seemed to coast around the floor alot when he got his chances, but that is also what we see in many games from Derozan.
                              Either way neither is a star, but the issue is the Raptors have put the future all star thing in Derozan's head along with his own ego and I just don't see nearly that much potential.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I'd rather have his year-1 be a full season. More bang for our buck this way.
                                Not to mention that he'd have a few more games to earn that ROY if he waited til next year. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X