Tank Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    I don't condone tanking. Games are made to win. Tankers are the same guys that would bend over in jail before they fight for themselves jus because they're outnumbered. Lol. Wusses tank. Real ball players and men that live the game, will play hard for 4 quarters no matter what. Y'all been screaming tank for the last 3 years. It's so wack. Lol
    Lol, a clear lack of understanding that 1) you need talent to win games, and 2) it's management who performs the tank (not the players).

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I don't want Jose leaving, he could be a very valuable piece in terms of "hitting the ground running" for the team. He's a great playmaker for the team, and unless Bayless can prove he's a point guard that can get everyone the ball and NOT run iso plays every second possession, Jose needs to be here. BC loves Jose, I hope he's here, unless the deal is just right.
      Bayless probably won't be here after this season. I don't see them giving him the $4M qualifying offer. If they deal Jose now I think they'll free fall the rest of the way. I'm sure Colangelo wouldn't be broken up by that if you asked him in private. If they deal Jose you'll see a totally new look at the PG spot in Toronto and it will probably come via FA but it could also come in part through the draft if they add a pick. I could see someone like Felton or Augustin in Toronto next season.

Comment

The year was 2009 and the Jermaine O'Neal experiment had run its course. The last-legs big man was traded to Miami, who coveted his massive expiring contract so they could (eventually) sign LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Sam Mitchell was fired early in the season and replaced with Jay Triano, and while a lost season remained lost, there was much official optimism placed on the Raptors finish that year, as they went 9-4 down the stretch.

A month after the season ended Triano was given a three-year contract based, in part, on the team's strong finish. Nothing wrong with that, except that strong finish in a lost season saw the Raptors picking ninth in the 2009 draft instead of seventh, conceivably.

The Raptors got DeMar DeRozan, the two-guard who certainly looked the part as he put up 25 points in Toronto's 83-75 win. But Golden State got Stephen Curry at the No.7 spot.

The son of former Raptor Dell Curry, the budding All-Star didn't play in the skills competition due to a foot injury, but chances are it won't be the last for the silky smooth pick-and-roll maestro.
        It's why this season, painful as it may be, any steps the Raptors can take short of outright throwing games to ensure they pick fifth instead of 10th is simply good business.
        Tanking is a word that gets tossed around pretty freely, but there's a difference between purposely losing games and simply accepting fate, losing your share and living to fight another day bolstered by stronger draft talent.

It's called rebuilding.
        http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ptors_rebuild/

Comment

Working...
        X