Raptors interested in Jamal Crawford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors interested in Jamal Crawford

Sources confirm to HOOPSWORLD that Crawford, who was signed as an unrestricted free agent this offseason to be retired shooting guard Brandon Roy’s replacement, is on several team’s radar. The Los Angeles Clippers and Minnesota Timberwolves are pursuing him the strongest, but the Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks have also expressed interest.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/blazers-ja...on-%20the-move

If that's the case we might as well just keep Barbosa.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

This was brought up in another thread. I call BS. The source is hardly reliable. The only guy at HoopsWorld.com who seems to have legitimacy in reporting rumours is Alex Kennedy - that is just my opinion.

The closest thing to truth I could imagine from this would be if Toronto was involved in a 3 team deal and Crawford was one of the pieces moving.

Comment

were prob. just being mentioned as leverage or something....i dont see J.Crawf wnting to excercise an option in toronto either... unless maybe if derozan was moved to the bench & Crawf starts.. i just dont see that happening.. more likely option would be the clippers.. they def. could use a SG & might have some inticeing pieces for Portland Like Bledsoe & Foye maybe

Comment

It makes sense if Portland wants to invest in Batum long-term, since they'd likely want to free up cap space (especially at the wing position).

From Toronto's perspective, given the rumor that Crawford will likely opt-out after the season, he could be a good player to include in a trade since he would be salary coming back that might not actually wind up being salary coming back (player opting out is essentially an expiring contract).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            From Toronto's perspective, given the rumor that Crawford will likely opt-out after the season, he could be a good player to include in a trade since he would be salary coming back that might not actually wind up being salary coming back (player opting out is essentially an expiring contract).
            Good point.

Comment

With JJ playing so well of late at the SF spot, I can see him being a fixture starting there.
              And if that's the case, he'll need a SG beside him with lots of range and scoring pop ... hypothetically, I see the fit with Jamal at SG.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I just don't see it. Having Barbie might seem redundant. Unless of course Barbie is out of the picture by March 15.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

No thanks to Crawford. Barbosa already has the experience of working with Casey and I feel they are roughly similar players (Crawford probably commanding more money and being more dissatisfied with playing in TO).

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                    No thanks to Crawford. Barbosa already has the experience of working with Casey and I feel they are roughly similar players (Crawford probably commanding more money and being more dissatisfied with playing in TO).
                    there only similarity is the 6th man of the year award & a tendancy to be a chucker in my opinion... Crawford is a much better shooter then barbs & has a more polished game all round & has gone off a few times for 50 or more... crawfords current contract is roughly 2mill less then barbosa.

again though i think hed only agree to stay in T.O if he was starting.. which i dont see happening.. unless caseys evaluation of demar is that he wont be a starter on this team...then demar either gets moved or sent to the bench. Maybe BC pictures Barbosa & crawford sharing the 2 next year. who knows with BC..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      there only similarity is the 6th man of the year award & a tendancy to be a chucker in my opinion... Crawford is a much better shooter then barbs & has a more polished game all round & has gone off a few times for 50 or more... crawfords current contract is roughly 2mill less then barbosa.

again though i think hed only agree to stay in T.O if he was starting.. which i dont see happening.. unless caseys evaluation of demar is that he wont be a starter on this team...then demar either gets moved or sent to the bench. Maybe BC pictures Barbosa & crawford sharing the 2 next year. who knows with BC..
                      Not familiar enough with Crawford to make comparisons but could be that negotiations with Barbosa are not going well???? He supposedly wanted 7 mil. in the summer - we need good players but on good contracts. If Crawford is better and only 5 mil., Barbosa is not worth near seven: This would be an excellent solution! BC has to start beating the bushes for very good players that represent good value or we should give him hell!!! It seems like sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees: It's not like these players don't have a body of work to make an accurate assessment from.

I also think not finishing low enough in the standing could set this franchise back for years to come (Bargnani/Aldridge). We as a fan base have to be more eager to revel in our losses. It's not about wins and losses but rather, about fun - everybody gets a STAR***this year!!!

Comment

Hell No.

Jcraw is a straight chucker and a determined black hole. Jason Terry on his worst day. Plays no D, passes only when he can't get his shot off, has been known to have a bad attitude and has only been a good player on a bad team or on the second team of a good one (ATL) and he wasn't happy comin' off the bench. There is not one positive Crawford could bring this team. I cracked up when Portland signed him, even harder than when BC gave Hedo that awful contract. Can you imagine a squad with JC and Turk?
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Demar Derozan is playing better recently than both of them put together.....

Someone said Jamal would only come to T.O if he was starting? He won the sixth man award, that should answer your question.

Jamal is the exact same as Barbosa, both black holes, chuckers, but Barbosa hustles, effort, hard every night. Can't say the same about Jamal Crawford. Plus he'd be better as a back-up point guard, because he hasn't been bad one bit for Nate Mcmillan at that position, and he is a sixth man. Which could move Bayless off the ball, and draft a project at the 2 like Beal if we trade up. I don't know, Jamal brings positives and negatives to the team..

IMO, sorry not gonna jump on this.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                          X