Hedont Even Bother Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedont Even Bother Anymore

Can you believe no one from the Toronto media asked any questions to Hedo after the game? He's not a story anymore.
    Source: Twitter /@Gal_Adri

Some of us don't usually let go of things fast. I still confuse T-Mac's nickname with D-Bag. I still think Vince Carter is a selfish weasel. I still think Antonio Davis is a little delusional and very ignorant.

...And I still think Hedon't is a guy who combined great talent and hard work for one full season to cash in a big payday. He was unprofessional and lazy in Toronto. I don't forget that but the media on the other hand? Surprisingly they don't even apparently acknowledge the guy exists. That could either be interpreted as more negative or less negative depending on how much right english you want to put on that spin.

How about you, do you forgive easily? Have you forgiven and forgotten these Players' past transgressions? Do you forgive Hedo for duping Raptors management and the fans?

Hedo is like that time you went to the bar and won the 'pig hunt' with the fellas.

Afterwards you felt stupid, ashamed, and just wanted to forget the whole experience.

That is how I feel about Hedo Turkoglu.

Comment

only vince deserves to never be forgotten to me. quitting is unforgivable. poor antonio wanted a good school and apparently in america they only teach retard. mcgrady left for good reasons to me except he could have pretended to be a bit sad.

like matt said hedo was a mistake we made and fixed with a trip to the clinic

Comment

I think it is amazing that Colangelo was able to get rid of his contract that easily! Barbosa was a nice addition. I would say Hedo and Vince were by far the worst out of the guys we have mentioned. Both were quitters, both were d-bags in the end.

I agree Antonio was ignorant. I think Antonio, and Steve Francis were the two that started the stigma that US players do not want to play in Canada.

I think Vince's legacy will continue because of the shitty talent we got back in that trade. It really crippled this franchise. If he would have gone to management and quietly asked for a trade and then played hard, we would have netted something like what Denver received for Carmelo. Babcock has some blame in the amount of distain we have for Vince as well. Worst trade ever!

Comment

I'd like to hear more about matt's pig hunting days
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am really ambivalent of them all except for Wince, He has a special place in my heart.....that dark part. This guy set this franchise back at least 5 years. And it was the way he did it. Eff him. Antonio in my mind made up that excuse re the metric system issue with his kids and the flag thing. His wife wanted to move back to Chicago...she wanted to get on with her career so that was his out..a bit cowardly I would say.

Comment

Hearing that no one asked Hedo a single question is awesome. You would think with him being the asshole that he is that the media would love to ask about his poor shooting performance or who JJ outplayed him. Maybe the media planned it out that way just to hurt his ego which would have been awesome!

Comment

For me any hate for Hedo dissipated he when those classic Basketball Jones videos came out. All I could do was laugh. http://vimeo.com/13329267

I never hated Antonio Davis. Sure the comments about Canadian schools were idiotic, but AD always played hard and could never be compared to Vince or Tracy. And Davis returned to the Raps at the end of his career and still played well until that career ending injury.

Frankly, I think it's time to let all of these hates go - especially the booing at the ACC. I have this vision of a future far, far away... when the Raptors are finally competing for a championship. Their main competition gets the upper hand when they sign two frail old men and dress them for the finals. These guys never play when our opposition is at home - they only play when the visitors are at the ACC. The two guys are VC and T-Mac. At the ACC they hobble out of their wheelchairs and shuffle onto the court. Most of the basketball world is aghast, but our opponent's coach has a smug, satisfied grin. "Just wait", he says. Sure enough the Toronto crowd rains down boos and the two old men come to life and start throwing down dunks and hitting shots from everywhere. The two washed up former superstars derail the Raptors chances for a title.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Source: Twitter /@Gal_Adri

Have you forgiven and forgotten these Players' past transgressions? Do you forgive Hedo for duping Raptors management and the fans?
                  Will never forgive Carter for what he did to the organization. In many ways, the Raptors are still recovering from Carter's exit. I never really had a hate for McGrady. He wanted his own team and he wanted to play in Orlando. Fair enough. Davis always played hard in Toronto and carried this team to the playoffs in the 2002 season. For a journeyman, he played great here.

Not sure I understand that last question. Hedo's last year in Orlando was the start of his decline and anyone who looked at his stats saw that. He actually didn't have a great year but made some shots in the playoffs. His own team thought so much of his performance that they basically ran him out of town for a fat, over-the-hill Vince Carter and Gilbert Arenas. Only two teams in a 30 team league were pursuing him and Orlando called one of them to congratulate them on dodging a bullet. Jebus, SVG was telling anyone who would listen that Hedo was lazy and didn't care. It's not Hedo's fault Colangelo gave him ~$50mm. Good for Hedo. Toronto management are the the idiots in that story.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Not sure I understand that last question. Hedo's last year in Orlando was the start of his decline and anyone who looked at his stats saw that. He actually didn't have a great year but made some shots in the playoffs. His own team thought so much of his performance that they basically ran him out of town for a fat, over-the-hill Vince Carter and Gilbert Arenas. Only two teams in a 30 team league were pursuing him and Orlando called one of them to congratulate them on dodging a bullet. Jebus, SVG was telling anyone who would listen that Hedo was lazy and didn't care. It's not Hedo's fault Colangelo gave him ~$50mm. Good for Hedo. Toronto management are the the idiots in that story.
                    Hedo's last season in Orlando was the pinnacle of his career. Anyone who watched the playoffs that season, in particular when they were deep in the playoffs, knows that. He did a lot more in the playoffs than "make some shots". He was pretty much the whole driving force to the offense, making big shots, creating and facilitating others' offense. He pretty much was the PG, playing the role of "point forward". He also played well on defense also. The Magic never got back to that success after he left and got that fat contract.

You need to look past the stat sheet slaw. That's not the one and only indicator.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Hedo's last season in Orlando was the pinnacle of his career. Anyone who watched the playoffs that season, in particular when they were deep in the playoffs, knows that. He did a lot more in the playoffs than "make some shots". He was pretty much the whole driving force to the offense, making big shots, creating and facilitating others' offense. He pretty much was the PG, playing the role of "point forward". He also played well on defense also. The Magic never got back to that success after he left and got that fat contract.

You need to look past the stat sheet slaw. That's not the one and only indicator.
                      Not judging it by the stats sheet. I am judging it by the fact that his coach and GM thought so much of his performance that they didn't even try to re-sign him. That should have told every other team all they needed to know.

Look the whole situation was mishandled by Toronto. From the ludicrous amount of money, to the offseason, to the training camp spa treatment, to the way he was used and handled by the coaching staff. Again, SVG told anyone who would listen that you needed to crack the whip and stay on him 24/7 cause he was lazy. Hedo was the same guy in Toronto that he was in Orlando, the only thing that changed was the situation. You can't blame a guy for just being who he is given that the new employer paid him $50mm. That's the point. But I realize it's easier for Raps fans to blame Hedo than it is to blame the guy still running the show here cause taht might make for difficult questions (oh right, they're rebuilding again. We're not allowed to ask difficult questions again for another 5 years...).

Comment

Hedo's a piece of shit. Like literally, lazy, useless, and unprofessional.

Good thing we got him out of here.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

No one asked him a question because they all know what the answer would have been. BALL.
                          Deadallus

Comment

Yes coach.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Not judging it by the stats sheet. I am judging it by the fact that his coach and GM thought so much of his performance that they didn't even try to re-sign him. That should have told every other team all they needed to know.
                              They did try to, it's just he was priced out of the range they were willing to pay for him. You seem to forget that the whole league really respected him then and he was rated the top free agent by many. He played the best basketball of his career that season in the most high pressure situations of the playoffs. There are many, many articles which praise his post season play that year. My view is not the minority.

Comment

Working...
                              X