Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors to waive Anthony Carter: Not a done deal though (44)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless we're giving up something of value, the Spurs aren't trading us Cory Joseph. That's REAL wishful thinking,

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Unless we're giving up something of value, the Spurs aren't trading us Cory Joseph. That's REAL wishful thinking,
      Anthony Carter + 2012 2nd round draft pick . might work

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        Anthony Carter + 2012 2nd round draft pick . might work
        Might work? More like won't work. What's San Antonio's incentive to do that deal? They can just stash Joseph in the D-league for the rest of the year and have Joseph come back as Parker's back up next season.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          If you assign a player to the d-league do you lose rights to him? Can we just sign Joseph? I remember we threw Ed in there for a bit last year but have no clue how it works.
          If they are associated with a team then you can't sign them. But, if lets say you wanted to sign Gerald Green (All-Star MVP), you can sign him because he doesn't have an associated contract with any team.

In short, if a player is sent down from another team, you cant sign them.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            I mentioned this awhile back but i have a feeling we will get Cory Joeseph. BC tried to draftt him but it didint happen. and at the moment the spurs dont need him bcuz they are in win now mode. plus Joeseph as been spending some time in the D league due to lack of playing time with SA. Just a hunch but that whats i see. Maybe the spurs pick up Carter and send over cory joeseph for a 2nd rounder to return the favour. pure speculation but it really makes sense.
            yes highly speculative - newer is not always better. We all love home grown CJ but newer is not always better - just more lateral movement.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              didn't say you didn't
              didn't say you didn't say you didn't
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If the Raptors are going to go with Joseph they should get the best one and that would be Devoe, Corey's brother who is having a great season at Oregon but will likely go undrafted.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/devoe-joseph
                Last edited by stretch; Wed Mar 7, 2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Or maybe two if Calderon is traded.

Houston: Flynn, Dragic?

LAL: Blake, Morris?

or any combination of the above.

Just speculation on my part but I don't think it means Calderon is staying.
                  My bet is on the Trailblazers.

Portland is looking to move Felton for either Ridnour or Calderon.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                    My bet is on the Trailblazers.

Portland is looking to move Felton for either Ridnour or Calderon.
                    Didn't the rumour for Ridnour to Portland involve Jamal Crawford? Minnesota needs help at SG.

Comment

ITS OFFICIAL. He's been released.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        ITS OFFICIAL. He's been released.
                        Source?

Comment

this is great news.. glad to see that old dog leave.. hopefully we aren't on the hook for his old age security.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Source?
                            It was announced on the Raptors pre-game show.

Comment

Carter has NOT been waived or traded or released...... YET

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              It was announced on the Raptors pre-game show.
                              Turns out they jumped the gun on the pre-game show or they were not clear:

Jose Calderon was injured in the 2nd quarter against the Pistons…stepping on the foot of Brandon Knight (who was trying to track down Calderon from behind as the Spanish guard was bringing the ball into the front court for the Raptors) and going down in a heap!

Calderon was diagnosed with a sprained right ankle and then was sent for X-Rays inside The Palace of Auburn Hills. X-Rays were negative, but Dwane Casey was forced to hand the keys to Jerryd Bayless and Gary Forbes at the point. And that will be the case for the foreseeable future, as long as Calderon is sidelined (no timetable has been determined yet).

This raises the question: What about veteran point guard Anthony Carter?

Many in Raptorland believe he has been waived by Toronto already. However, that is NOT the case.

Carter is not with the team. He has gone back home to Denver. But he has not been officially waived by the Raptors.

Carter’s agent, Bill Duffy, is trying to find a team for his client to go to; he’s looking for a club that may be interested in a veteran guard for help and depth with a playoff run.

IF Duffy can find a taker, one of three scenarios will unfold with Carter:
                              - he’ll be waived before the trade deadline
                              - he’ll be waived right after the trade deadline
                              - he’ll be included in a trade (either on his own or with another member of the Raps)

The question could be asked: Now that Calderon is hurt and point guard depth is an issue – with Bayless and Forbes (and Leandro Barbosa?) being the only options – could Bryan Colangelo tell Carter to get back to Toronto and help THIS club out?

The answer to that question is not easy. But the simplest answer may be: Yes, Colangelo COULD do that…but in all likelihood Duffy would probably say that his client is not going to report back to T.O. and he’d essentially force the Raptors to suspend Carter and then, ultimately, waive him.

Chances are the Raps will eventually let A.C. go and use the open roster spot to sign someone to a 10-day contract.
                              Source: FAN590

Comment

I say trade him with barbosa for a young pg.

Comment

Working...
                                X