Getting Dwight Howard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Dwight Howard

What if the Raps are in the mix of acquiring Dwight Howard or somehow confiscate a move so we can get Dwight Howard to play in the North of the Border and really turn this pathetic franchise around since Vince Carter's era.

3 Team trade at the deadline

Toronto trade Andrea Bargnani, 2012 + 2013 1st round picks (Top 5 unprotected in 2012), Amir Johnson, Jose Calderon, Leandro Barbosa, rights to Valanciunas
    Toronto receives Dwight Howard, Earl Clark, Vince Carter, Delonte West

Orlando trade Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, Earl Clark, Hedo Turkolu
    Orlando receives Andrea Bargnani, 2012 + 2013 1st round picks (From TOR), rights of Valanciunas, 2012 1st round pick (From Dallas), Jose Calderon, Rodrique Beaubois, Brian Cardinal

Dallas trade Vince Carter, Delonte West, Beaubois, Cardinal, 2012 1st round pick
    Dallas receives Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkolu, Leandro Barbosa, Amir Johnson

After Trade Lineups
    Toronto
    Bayless/D.West
    DeRozan/V.Carter/Forbes
    Kleiza/J.Johnson/R.Butler
    Davis/E.Clark
    Howard/A.Gray/Magloire

Orlando
    Beaubois/Calderon/I.Smith
    Richardson/Reddick/Duhon
    R.Andersen/Q-Rich/V.Wafer
    A.Bargnani/B.Cardinal
    G.Davis/D.Horton

Dallas
    Kidd/Nelson/
    Terry/Barbosa/D.Jones
    Odom/Turkolu/Yi Jian Lian
    Nowitzki/Marion/A.Johnson/B.Wright
    Haywood/Mahimini/S.Williams

Why Toronto: I know this sounds crazy but getting D.Howard has been my wet dreams ever since the Magic acquired Howard in 2004 nba draft. Howard is a beast and I know he would flourish under D.Casey's system since we are all about defense. We may loose two lottery picks along with an established quasi-allstar player in A.Bargnani but I think E.Davis has proven that he may just fit the role as a starting PF for this team, what we lack is the interior presence like Dwight, although we might have to give up on Big V for the trade to work. With this trade and some of our players come off the book, we may have some salary to sign either Wilson Chandler or another free agent this summer to play alongside DeRozan and Howard. Let the new era begin for the Dinos and not to mention we get V.Carter back so he may finally decide to retire as a Rap and a chance for a playoff push at the second half of the season with his old buddy D.Howard.

Why Orlando: By trading Howard and Nelson, the Magic is no longer getting their lucky charm, its time to put the magic show for a rebuild, they acquire some really nice young pieces and a promising allstar-caliber player in Bargnani and with a few picks to come in mind, they are looking to retool the team with some young fresh faces for generation to come, let's just hope Stan Van Gundy is patiently enough to coach the young Magic for a playoff run.

Why Dallas: The Mavericks are to look to defend its title but with the aging Kidd and lack of depth support, they need to add some arsenals to keep the title alive, by acquiring Nelson, a good decent PG, Kidd won't have to play 35 minutes when playoff comes around. Amir Johnson is a decent shot blocker and defender to come off the bench for Nowitzki and getting Turkolu, a veteran sharpshooter, suddenly, the Mavericks seem like a promising team and could aim for the 3rd or 4th spot in the tough Western Conference.

2013 Lineups for the above teams with lottery picks along with assumptive drafted players + free agents

Toronto: Adding Wilson Chandler, amnesty Kleiza, adding a young PG through draft day (hopefully a trade, possibly Kleiza for a mid first rounder)
    Bayless/Kabongo or Marshall/D.West
    DeRozan/V.Carter/Forbes
    W.Chandler/J.Johnson/veteran SF (not Rashual Butler)
    E.Davis/veteran PF/E.Clark
    D.Howard/A.Gray/J.Magloire

Orlando: Draft day (MKG - TOR pick), (M.Teague - Dallas pick), (T.Mitchell - Orlando pick)
    Beaubois/Calderon/M.Teague
    J.Richardson/T.Mitchel/veteran SG
    MKG/QRich/veteran SF
    A.Bargnani/R.Andersen/veteran PF
    J.Valanciunas/G.Davis/D.Horton

Dallas: Depends if they win the title or lose the title but I say their lineups will practically remain the same and all depends whether Kidd will declare retirement or not, this will make J.Nelson their starting PG.

Comment

2013 Lineups for the above teams with lottery picks along with assumptive drafted players + free agents

Toronto: Adding Wilson Chandler, amnesty Kleiza, adding a young PG through draft day (hopefully a trade, possibly Kleiza for a mid first rounder)
      Bayless/Kabongo or Marshall/D.West
      DeRozan/V.Carter/Forbes
      W.Chandler/J.Johnson/veteran SF (not Rashual Butler)
      E.Davis/veteran PF/E.Clark
      D.Howard/A.Gray/J.Magloire

Orlando: Draft day (MKG - TOR pick), (M.Teague - Dallas pick), (T.Mitchell - Orlando pick)
      Beaubois/Calderon/M.Teague
      J.Richardson/T.Mitchel/veteran SG
      MKG/QRich/veteran SF
      A.Bargnani/R.Andersen/veteran PF
      J.Valanciunas/G.Davis/D.Horton

Dallas: Depends if they win the title or lose the title but I say their lineups will practically remain the same and all depends whether Kidd will declare retirement or not, this will make J.Nelson their starting PG.

Comment

Appreciate the thought and effort that went into the proposals, but both Orlando and Dallas are really getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop - they'd never do those deals.

Comment

Orlando is making out like a bandit! They would be stupid not to do this deal. 3 first rounders, and a awesome prospect in Jonas, plus a potential all-star in Bargs, a good point guard and a young pg to learn from Jose. Plus they get rid of some bad contracts! That is way better than the CP3 deal!

EDIT - Dallas doesn't have a first rounder, it's in LA hands now.
          Last edited by saints91; Tue Mar 6, 2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the effort buddy, but it's not going to happen. I don't wanna see Valanciunas, and Bargnani go for Dwight. Seems like a lot in my opinion, because even with Dwight we grab a superstar, but lack overall depth and talent. Kleiza and Ed starting? Don't mind Ed building up, but Kleiza and Bayless? Nuh-uh.

We're back to building, not re-building, but building. We have to hit the draft again, but this team would be good enough just to miss the playoffs. Not including Dwight, the only real trade asset we have is Demar, and I ain't letting go of Demar. Only real positive of this trade IMO is we get Dwight Howard. Look at Orlando, he could score 30 and grab 15 rebounds and still lose the game, and lets face it, Orlando has much better talent and depth. What makes anyone think we could contend with Dwight surrounded by Ed, Kleiza, Derozan, and Bayless?

Side note: Demar's trade value isn't going to be very high, and hell it isn't good enough to bring in anyone that could make big differences, unless Demar becomes that guy...

Did I really just see Vince Carter received by Toronto? Well maybe I want to see this happen..... Just so we can trade him again and say he was a piece of shit for the reason we trade him.
            Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Mar 7, 2012, 03:34 AM.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Toronto isnt on Dwights wishlist, why would we give up Bargnani our best scorer , JV our future starting center, our first round lottery pick in one of the deepest drafts in recent history for a half-year rental

Comment

This is a sure-fire way to move this team to Seattle when Howard decides not to re-sign.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  This is a sure-fire way to move this team to Seattle when Howard decides not to re-sign.
                  lol - this is the first comment regarding Toronto and relocation that I actually agree with.

Comment

Working...
                  X