No announcement yet.

Is Solomon Alabi a part of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every team has 2-3 completely useless players, who if replaced by other completely useless players, will have zero impact on the team whatsoever.

Alabi is one of ours, along with Butler and Carter. If Thabeet is brought in, nobody would even notice.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      On the flipside, even after 2 coaches and he's still here, maybe he is doing something ok, but not enough to be given a rotation spot.
      Or maybe it has something to do with his guaranteed contract.

My assumption is he will have to have shown sufficient progress and remaining potential to be even invited to next year's training camp. I think it's a long shot at best but I can always have (truly minor) hopes. And if that's the case, I'd say your hypothesis was true.

Comment

Meh, I think he stays if there is a roster spot. BC like projects and he's really cheap.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Someone tell Solly to get the f....ckin smile off his face and get afro-mean. That's the only way he's going to get NBA

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Every team has 2-3 completely useless players, who if replaced by other completely useless players, will have zero impact on the team whatsoever.

Alabi is one of ours, along with Butler and Carter. If Thabeet is brought in, nobody would even notice.
            i agree with this but will add i think that alabi still has a chance to become a somewhat serviceable depth man. if he could find a way to not suck as bad and give a couple boards and a block in 5-10 minutes spot time i think he would be fine.

Comment

Has Alabi been in the D-league this season?
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

he is a waste and not part of anything.. open up that roster spot for an nba calibre player.

Comment

Alabi has worked with David Thorpe in the summer and Thorpe is high on his potential - though he seems to hint that Alabi can be lacking in self-motivation. I do remember a comment that Doug Smith made that last year the coaches were afraid to even put Alabi on the floor in practice. His basketball IQ was so minimal they were afraid he would injure one of his own teammates just by running a set drill completely wrong.

Comment

Hard to believe a thread on Alabi has run to two pages and threatens to spill over onto a third.

Comment

Working...
                    X