No announcement yet.

Amir Vs Ed Vs Hump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Johnson. Not even close. Money better spent on the perimeter. Between Bargnani, Valanciunas, Amir, Ed, and Gray, our front court is set unless we are in a position to add a legit cornerstone type piece. If we didn't have Bargnani, chasing after Hump would make more sense.

Comment

I'll take amir over the both ed or hump. Amir is a solid first big off the bench who gets paid pretty reasonably, can mostly defend either the C or PF position, and makes good decisions about when to shoot. With the amount of forwards and centers we currently have on the team i don't see a big enough role for hump here on the raps.

You have to assume that bargs is no longer on the trading block, so next season you have a line up of

PF Bargs,Davis,Amir
      C Val,Amir,Gray

I just think that's 1 quality big to many and 1 or either ed or amir has to go in a trade that get us back a quality perimeter player.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Was just on ESPN, and saw on their Twitter feed that Hump has more dunks on the season, than Amar'e, Chris Bosh and John Smith.

He's clearly learned where his shot is supposed to come from.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Was just on ESPN, and saw on their Twitter feed that Hump has more dunks on the season, than Amar'e, Chris Bosh and John Smith.

He's clearly learned where his shot is supposed to come from.

he plays with a pg who makes others better

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            +1
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Great point, but I'd say Amir and Ed do as well.
              Jose certainly falls into the same catergory of 'making people better'.
              Jose's actually averaging more assists per game than Deron Williams, while DWill leads the league in Turnovers.

So you're right, Hump does have a good point guard to pass him the ball. But so do Amir and Ed. And I can't tell you how many times I've screamed at the TV for Amir to PLEASE not shoot that 18 footer that he is so very keen to do.
              Again, I love Amir, but I don't see him ever averaging a double-double for a full season.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Great point, but I'd say Amir and Ed do as well.
                Jose certainly falls into the same catergory of 'making people better'.
                Jose's actually averaging more assists per game than Deron Williams, while DWill leads the league in Turnovers.

So you're right, Hump does have a good point guard to pass him the ball. But so do Amir and Ed. And I can't tell you how many times I've screamed at the TV for Amir to PLEASE not shoot that 18 footer that he is so very keen to do.
                Again, I love Amir, but I don't see him ever averaging a double-double for a full season.
                Yeah but when you really need it he can do it. He's not one of the most consistent, but he can be one of the most reliable. You may say, well, reliable and consistent are the same. Not really, if you need energy, he'll bring it. If you need defense, he'll bring it. If you need hard-work, he'll bring it! Sure, he's not going to consistently average so-and-so numbers, but he is a guy who you can rely on just to go out there, and PLAY.

Recently, I've been loving what Amir's been doing, he's been awesome. Blocking a number of shots, great energy, always aggressive to the basket, got a great motor, love his play.
                Ed as well, he plays with a lot of intelligence. He has a high IQ and does a lot of positives. He makes mistakes, but it's a given being only in his second year. But he's been hitting the glass hard, making very good defensive plays, setting good screens. He's been playing hard.

IMO, if we can keep both, I don't wanna split either.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                X