No announcement yet.

March 7 - Houston Rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm never betting against the raps again. I expected a stinker tonight!
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
      I'm never betting against the raps again. I expected a stinker tonight!
      Teams you should never bet against the raptors to loose to that you wouldn't expect are;

The Lakers and the Rockets. There are others but mainly these two.

Comment

Two Things I noticed In tonights game against Houston

Two things I noticed:

1) Leo Rautins has a man crush on Luis Scola.

2) Demar Derozan's game is starting to become more complete that is two games in a row now that he has scored 20+ with around 3 reb and 3 asst.

If demar can start to average like 20pts 3reb 3ast now we are starting to get into Joe Johnson territory. A guy who makes his teammates better and pitches in defensively, and is a closer. I see Demar's defense improving consistently over the next few years under Casey, and I can see him develop into a more athletic version of Joe Johnson. Very nice, he has rediscovered his path of steady improvement year over year.

I take back all the bad things I said about him earlier this year LOL.
        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Demar seems like a very emotional player and I really think all he needs is a little winning around the club and that explains his off nights this year.. once we start making an honest push next year look for demars game to rise to a new level..

Comment

Wacky Wednesday....

It all began with that shoe on the wall.
            A shoe on the wall.....?
            Shouldn't be there at all!

Zach Lowe ‏ @ZachLowe_SI
            Toronto blows out Houston, Lakers lose to Wiz, Nets killing Clippers, Boston barely shows up, Suns up 10 on OKC, Hawks hanging in MIA. Wow.

That was a great game for Toronto.... not really going to do much with the ping pong balls or in the standings, but still a solid win over a good (but tired) opponent.

Casey tried to throw "Lottery Ball" Butler in for the last 2 minutes to work his magic but not even Lottery Ball could throw this game.

Kleiza and Gray showed why I would like to see them a part of the team moving forward. Solid role players.

Amir seemed to be moving better than I've seen him move in a long time. He actually had hops.

DeMar played a nice game. For the most part he didn't force anything - nice.

Jose had a great audition.

Bayless..... ugh.

Barbosa did his part.

Anyone know what happened to JJ? Did the knee from Dalembert do him in or did Casey send another message? I'm thinking the former. He played well, minus a couple of stupid fouls, but only had 17 minutes. Or maybe he went with Kleiza's hot hand?

Comment

DeMar is starting to turn into the guy we want. Crisp passes, rebounds(although still inconsistent), and uses a variety of moves on offense. A possible all star caliber player, slightly better than joe johnson in a couple of years

Comment

good lord
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'll be honest, I thought we were going to cough up the game late.. Thankfully I was wrong. Loved what I saw from DeMar. He just looked super confident in everything he was doing; not a shred of doubt in his game. It was a weird night actually, everything was dropping from DeMar's jumper to a turnaround, with the shot-clock running down, from Amir, to Gray hitting a jumper!

Comment

Raptors have been playing .500 ball after the All-Star without Bargnani. Its good to see improvements during the season. Can't wait for Bargnani to come back 3-3 Pound The Rock
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Demar Derozan was great tonight.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I hate players that whine as much as Lowry. I mean, if you are going to complain about a call, do it like Amir or Jose...walk up to the ref and ask a question, state your case, shut up and walk away. Don't get that twisted up, whiny look and start shrgging your shoulders and holding up your hands and looking around with a "what...what...can you believe this BS look."

Demar was getting into this a bit. He seems to have settled down. I wonder if someone told him to be a man, not a baby.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I hate players that whine as much as Lowry. I mean, if you are going to complain about a call, do it like Amir or Jose...walk up to the ref and ask a question, state your case, shut up and walk away. Don't get that twisted up, whiny look and start shrgging your shoulders and holding up your hands and looking around with a "what...what...can you believe this BS look."
                          Up until lately, that was Jose's signature move, along with the hand-clap

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                            Two things I noticed:

1) Leo Rautins has a man crush on Luis Scola.

2) Demar Derozan's game is starting to become more complete that is two games in a row now that he has scored 20+ with around 3 reb and 3 asst.

If demar can start to average like 20pts 3reb 3ast now we are starting to get into Joe Johnson territory. A guy who makes his teammates better and pitches in defensively, and is a closer. I see Demar's defense improving consistently over the next few years under Casey, and I can see him develop into a more athletic version of Joe Johnson. Very nice, he has rediscovered his path of steady improvement year over year.

I take back all the bad things I said about him earlier this year LOL.
                            Leo seems to crush on any international player who's burned him in international play.

As for the DeRozan/Johnson comparison, Johnson is a deadly 1-on-1 player, and has PG-like court vision. The stats may be similar, but it'll be a while before DeRozan reaches Johnson's level of offensive polish.

Comment

the last couple games, anyways.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

also, demar sucks on the break. i wince whenever i see him leading it.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X