Hedo comin off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo comin off the bench.

Last night was rock bottom for the guy, so i think it's time to bring him off the bench. Wright has started before and he has been having solid games lately . The raps would be trading Hedo's Offence for wright's D, but since Hedo's Offence has been non existence lately then might as well bring him off the bench maybe he can see what defences give him .

Also playing against the other team's second unit he can play better and boost his confidence up. What do u guys think ?
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

I'm sorry, but Hedo's ego couldn't take the demotion and I'm afraid would cause a huge distraction for the rest of the team. Whether we like or not, Hedo's a starter. Not a $50 million sub.

Comment

I like the idea in theory, but like Doc says his ego wouldn't be able to take it. Aside from that, Jose is on the second unit as of now and the two of them don't exactly click on the court. Jack gives Hedo some touches and lets him do his own thing a lot more than Jose.

That avatar is amazing too, Jesus loves Raptors!

Comment

If the Raptors ever decided that Wright should start over Hedo - And Hedo isn't injured - the entire management and coaching staff would need to have their collective heads examined.

Not going to happen. Raptors coaches are not insane. (Maybe inexperienced - not crazy)
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I certainly don't think that's the best move.

I stick by my theory: play him the first 4-6 minutes so he gets warmed up, then bring him back to start the 2nd with Jose.

I still get the impression there is a conditioning issue with Hedo. He looks winded quite a bit, so use him in smaller spurts to start, allow him to watch the defensive set up of the opposition and bring him back to attack their second unit.

Comment

We already got an 8 million dollars point guard coming off the bench, do we need a a 10 million dollars shooting forward off the bench too?! what does it say about our big money players when a borderline starting point guard and a borderline NBA player shooting forward are taking over their spots?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              We already got an 8 million dollars point guard coming off the bench, do we need a a 10 million dollars shooting forward off the bench too?! what does it say about our big money players when a borderline starting point guard and a borderline NBA player shooting forward are taking over their spots?!
              Jose is coming off the bench because he was injured. So what's that all about?
              Splitting PG minutes between Jack & Calderon makes sense - its working. It gives the Raps 22 & 12 from the PG spot on average every night - Outstanding!
              (And there is nothing borderline about Calderon)

The Hedo off the bench suggestion is just plain strange. WE all to too much time on our hands when this is getting discussed.
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

We need the guy to get going like u guys said he's a 10 million dollar player, than he needs to start playing like one !! Im not saying bring him off the bench for the rest of the season but you let him know that they way he is playing is not acceptable, being out of shape is not acceptable !! What a bad fuckin signing !!

Herm Edwards

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I like the idea in theory, but like Doc says his ego wouldn't be able to take it. Aside from that, Jose is on the second unit as of now and the two of them don't exactly click on the court. Jack gives Hedo some touches and lets him do his own thing a lot more than Jose.

That avatar is amazing too, Jesus loves Raptors!
                  I know it wouldn't happen but u got to try anything at this point. I like AltRaps theory that sounds good ease him into the games. But If i was Triano i wouldn't a give a shit what about Hedo's Ego !! i would try anything to get your 10 million dollar signing playing good basketball . It seriuosly looks like he's playing his first game with this team every game .

(btw I googled toronto Raptors pics and for some weird reason this pic came up so i thought it was funny)

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                  X