Dwane Casey's vision of the roster next season: see post 37 for update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    Ya I would think that Batum would get in between 9-12. I don't think he has proved enough to get paid as much as Deng, Granger, or Iggy. Under 12mil for sure. When you consider Bargs will only be making 10mil next year we have to put that into perspective. I would pay Batum the same contract over 5 years.
    Agreed .. and its a bit of a fine line .. but I like him at the low end of that range ($9 mm) .. Im not so sure at the high end ($12 mm).

Comment

he has already had microfracture surgery
      Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Off-season

Everyone in the Raptors fanbase is saying that next year will be tottaly different. I agree, but for that, this two have to come togheter

Of course, for Barnes we need some lucky at the lottery. If we get a top 3 pick, we should get a mid first round via trade to add Marshall, if not, we should trade down.
        I consider Marshall the ideal PG for the future, not a scorer, a player who can pass and direct his teammates, we have enough scorers already. Plus, he's young enough to pair with DeRozan, Valanciunas and hopefully Barnes.
        If we're not that lucky in the lottery, the Raps should absoloutly go after Batum, a young, atlethic and talented SF with international experience. The question remains if the Blazers match the offer, so we probabbly will have to overpay him. But again, he fits perfectly

So the Raptors 2012/13 should look like this

PG: Calderon/Marshall/Forbes
        SG: DeRozan/¿Barbosa?
        SF: Barnes or Batum/ Kleiza/ Johnson (one of those two has to go)
        PF: Bargniani/ Ed Davis
        C: Valanciunas/ Amir/ Gray

This is a playoff team and a great young core:
        Amir '87
        Batum '88
        DeRozan '89
        Davis '89
        Marshall '91
        Barnes '92
        Valanciunas '92
        Along with Calderon, Bargniani ('85) and Kleiza ('85) serving as leaders

Of course, one of Amir and Ed, will have to be sacrifaced to get another First Round or to trade up in the draft. The same with Kleiza and Johnson, although I feel Linas will be excelent for JV in his rookie year.

Comment

While Barnes' shooting is what is needed to spread the floor for DD, Batum would be ideal if we can add him, trade down in the draft to get a Marshall and perhaps a bench SG with Batum also logging time there when JJ or Kleiza are in.

Comment

who cares about the lithuanian connection. I'll take JJ over LK anyday.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
              who cares about the lithuanian connection. I'll take JJ over LK anyday.
              Agreed. Kleiza is the most inconsistent Raptor and has trouble making open jumpers.
              Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Comment

AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Agreed. Kleiza is the most inconsistent Raptor and has trouble making open jumpers.
                Plus his knee doesn't seem to be 100% yet (if it ever will...).

Comment

Kleiza's been as inconsistent as anyone, but that's the point, pretty much everyone has. Most nights he's a matchup nightmare. If I had my choice of the 2, I'd take JJ. But that said, it's mostly because of the contract situation. JJ's gonna need to get paid soon too.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Alright so with Marcus Camby and Gerald Wallace trades, Portland is going to have tonnes of cap space to match most if not all offers for Batum. This essentially nullifies any desire of mine to go out and get him, because we'd definitely overpay. LB is gone, so now we don't have a back up pg/sg other than Forbes and Butler. So most likely the only way to get another quality wing is through the draft (Barnes) or signing Wilson Chandler.

Comment

stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                      Alright so with Marcus Camby and Gerald Wallace trades, Portland is going to have tonnes of cap space to match most if not all offers for Batum. This essentially nullifies any desire of mine to go out and get him, because we'd definitely overpay. LB is gone, so now we don't have a back up pg/sg other than Forbes and Butler. So most likely the only way to get another quality wing is through the draft (Barnes) or signing Wilson Chandler.
                      Chandler is signing in Denver by tomorrow - book it.

Comment

oops beat me to editing it. I just found it on espn. So what should the raps do now? I don't think Barnes is going to come in and be a huge difference maker right from the start.

Comment

stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                          oops beat me to editing it. I just found it on espn. So what should the raps do now? I don't think Barnes is going to come in and be a huge difference maker right from the start.
                          Lee and Fields could be options in free agency.

I read Wes Matthews was available today.

Comment

Sonny Weems could fill that void.

Comment

I wonder if DeMar is in Casey's plans
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if DeMar is in Casey's plans
                                I'm pretty sure he's in BC's plans.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X