Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Beasley - Revisited again in #110

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

scorer? are you nuts? he scores because he shoots, he doesnt shoot because he scores. He's losing minutes to Williams and last year they basically gave him the starting SF job on a pedestal. Not a head case? Well he's definitely talented enough to be a top 5-10 SF in this league, and I wouldn't trade Gary Forbes for him. Can we please stop caring about Michael Beasley? Not a head case? Did you see this week's Shaqtin a fool on Inside the NBA? Beasley was rubbing Tolliver's knee while sitting down....because he thought it was HIS knee....guy can't even tell his own body parts, so maybe he's not a 'headcase' but he's smoked himself retarded or something. I'm also really sick of people pointing to college success. College is not a roadmap to NBA success. And draft position means nothing. Darko Milicic was the #2 pick in one of the top classes ever...does that mean you should keep expecting him to play up to that? And there are tons more examples elsewhere, of all kinds of top 5 picks that don't turn into much despite 'promise' they show. Fact of the matter if he doesn't snap out of it soon, don't expect Beasley to ever live up to his promise. I mean seriously, a 6'9 or 6'10 SF who has a good all around game, good length and is ambidextrous and he struggles to earn playing time and/or his coaches trust......

here's the shaqtin a fool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYyJfp6aluU

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that was awesome! Nick Young's lay-up is just embarrassing lol

I think the fact that Beasley is young, and definitely talentely, but has been traded and now heavily shopped speaks volumes. Something just isn't right!
    Last edited by saints91; Fri Mar 9th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He was definitely smoked up when he rubbed Tolliver's knee. What was funnier was Tolliver's reaction....not much, as if he knew why it happened!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beasrey rack disciprine

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the canadian kush would ruin what carreer he has going for him...LOL

besides BC wouldnt take beasley from miami... what makes u think hed bring him in now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    the canadian kush would ruin what carreer he has going for him...LOL

besides BC wouldnt take beasley from miami... what makes u think hed bring him in now?
    Agreed. I think any discussion about Beasley is a waste of time, given BC's past decisions about him. It's not like Beasley has done anything in Minnesota to improve his game and/or image.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    He was definitely smoked up when he rubbed Tolliver's knee. What was funnier was Tolliver's reaction....not much, as if he knew why it happened!!
    Agreed. =) Tolliver is just sitting there like "this motherfucker's stoned again...."

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I like James Johnson's progression at the 3, and would like to give him some more time to develop. If we can get beasley for cheap, then sure why not, he is very skilled. I wouldn't give up anything important to get him, but he would be a nice piece to have.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should the raptors pursue Beasley?

Minnesota has no given a qualifying offer to Michael Beasley making him an unrestricted free agent according to Chris Sheridan.
    Should the raptors go after him? He'd be solid at the SF and would solve that problem. We probably have the cap space to do it even if we do get Nash we could amnesty Amir or Calderon and sign him with that.
    Beasley averaged 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds on 45% from the field in just 23 minutes. He's a little one dimensional but I'm sure under Dwayne Casey he'd be able to become a better defender.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. For someone with such talent, his former teams have given up on him so early. He might have character issues, but he certainly has talent.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I don't know. For someone with such talent, his former teams have given up on him so early. He might have character issues, but he certainly has talent.
    Apparently that was the main reason. He has no work ethic to improve any other part of his game other than scoring. And maybe if he has a character problem, less teams would want him and we could get him for cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a chance BC even considers him. If BC wanted Beasley, he could have got him in the Bosh trade. He's done nothing in Minnesota to change the perceptions about him - talent going to waste, who would be a bad influence on all the young guys. Pass.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Apparently that was the main reason. He has no work ethic to improve any other part of his game other than scoring. And maybe if he has a character problem, less teams would want him and we could get him for cheaper.
    If we can get him for cheap cheap, then sure. If we have to give him a legit contract, then no thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    If we can get him for cheap cheap, then sure. If we have to give him a legit contract, then no thank you.
    His qualifying offer would've been 8.3 million I think? Since he's not expected to get that much, maybe 7 mil or something along those lines

I think if free agency happens and we can't get AK47, Batum, or Hill and he's still on the board he should definitely be considered.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so if you extend the qualifying offer and no other team offered, what happens ?
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He would love it in toronto.

unlimited supply of weed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    You'll never see him in a Raptors uniform as long as Colangelo is GM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You'll never see him in a Raptors uniform as long as Colangelo is GM.
    I'm not too up to date with these kinds of things. Can you please explain to me why? BC really doesn't like Beasley?

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I'm not too up to date with these kinds of things. Can you please explain to me why? BC really doesn't like Beasley?
    Look at a closeup vid/interview of him and then check his eyes. There is also evidence/background why his eyes look that way. And it has nothing to do with his eyelashes!

Thread Information