Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Gauging the 2012 Draft pick - and how the Raptors move forward

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    No i'd keep him at SG. But consider this, with his skills you could start a big defensive PG beside him (George Hill?) and run the offense through him, especially at the end of games. In regards to Derozen, i'd start him at SF. He's proven to be more effective there, especially when he works his postup game. JJ would come off the bench, giving the second unit a solid shot of energy and defense. On games where DeMar lollygags, JJ gets his minutes.

    A lineup of:
    Hill/FA or Drafted
    Beal/Forbesy
    Demar/JJ/Kleiza
    Bargs/Ed/Amir
    Big Val/Gray

    I like that lineup a lot. You've got shooters at every position and enough defense to cover up Demar who's actually been playing decent D lately. Bench is strong, in fact you could still trade Amir or Ed and be effective.
    If your going to get a big pg i would say if possible get Rodney Stuckey
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah but I said PG

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    fair enough
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the balls fall in place today I'd say the draft would go

    Charlotte Anthony Davis
    New Orleans Drummond
    Washington Robinson
    Nets MGK

    And then depending on where the Raptors are placed between the 5-7 picks, I'd think they'd take one of Barnes, Beal, and Lamb in that order depending on who is available

  5. #25
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    The thing with Beal is his game is more tailored for the NBA, too. He's good at what he does in college but he's going to be awesome in the NBA. I've heard rumblings of teams wanting to possibly convert him to PG since his ball handling and court vision are so good.
    Austin Rivers is the same guy. A lot of players in college have NBA-fit games. I.E Beal, Rivers, Lamb, Barnes... etc.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    If the balls fall in place today I'd say the draft would go

    Charlotte Anthony Davis
    New Orleans Drummond
    Washington Robinson
    Nets MGK

    And then depending on where the Raptors are placed between the 5-7 picks, I'd think they'd take one of Barnes, Beal, and Lamb in that order depending on who is available
    Under the current lottery system, which has been in place since 1990, the worst team has a 1 in 4 chance of landing the first pick. It usually does not go that way as the worst has won only four times in 27 years.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Maybe we can save this thread for when we know who the specific player is. The criteria we use to measure success will largely depend on what position he plays.
    Their biggest problem for years has been no consistent (reliable) shooter down the stretch of games - not defence. Triano tried to compensate by outscoring the opposition. Casey has finally publicly and correctly stated what they desperately need. This is a particularly difficult draft because the stars seems to be scattered throughout instead of in a neat smallish clique. They say people don't become good shooters once they enter the NBA (exceptions). Don't know who they should draft but sincerely hope they can shoot down the stretch and play some defence. I believe these are the parameters their drafting should be judged on unless they see a real gem in another direction (possibly MKG????).

  8. #28
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Their biggest problem for years has been no consistent (reliable) shooter down the stretch of games - not defence. Triano tried to compensate by outscoring the opposition. Casey has finally publicly and correctly stated what they desperately need. This is a particularly difficult draft because the stars seems to be scattered throughout instead of in a neat smallish clique. They say people don't become good shooters once they enter the NBA (exceptions). Don't know who they should draft but sincerely hope they can shoot down the stretch and play some defence. I believe these are the parameters their drafting should be judged on unless they see a real gem in another direction (possibly MKG????).
    If we need a shooter and producer instantly, than Barnes or Lamb is our guy. But if we want an overall player, Beal or MKG. I mostly prefer to have Beal or MKG though.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Overall you go miller. I think he is everything you want at the 3 he has a chance to be a great player

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes I know that, I guess I should have typed it more clear, I meant if the balls fell the way they theoretically supposed to go. The Raptors had at the time I posted the exact odds as Detroit and Sacremento and meant I would expect them to draft in that range and would expect them to draft one of those three players

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    for an SF working within the rhythm of our offence (and assuming that valancunias won't have the offence running through him, but bargs & derozan will keep getting touches) i'd like to see a MINIMUM year-end line of 12-4-4, with some noticeable improvements after the all-star break

  12. #32
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote deebee wrote: View Post
    for an SF working within the rhythm of our offence (and assuming that valancunias won't have the offence running through him, but bargs & derozan will keep getting touches) i'd like to see a MINIMUM year-end line of 12-4-4, with some noticeable improvements after the all-star break
    Those are similar to MKG's college numbers I believe. MKG could be a 16-5-5 guy.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote deebee wrote: View Post
    for an SF working within the rhythm of our offence (and assuming that valancunias won't have the offence running through him, but bargs & derozan will keep getting touches) i'd like to see a MINIMUM year-end line of 12-4-4, with some noticeable improvements after the all-star break
    this i think depends on our pg and bigV' passing abilities. if we have pg like jennings and V can pass well then going through him is a great way to go as long as everyone makes the extra pass. if we have a nash type pg shooters are best for when the d collapses and if we are still using jose we need a guy who can do everything like you said because of all the play calls that will be made.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •