Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we take another look at Pietrus in the off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we take another look at Pietrus in the off season?

His health has been fine. He is a gritty defender and he would do a fantastic job in the 3rd/4th swing. Boston basically rented him on a one year min.... we could probably snag him for 3 - 5 million
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

all depends on the draft i think. we are all hoping for barnes or even better in my opinion mkg. ive watched a bunch of celtics games this year and it really seems pietrus hits his first 3 of almost every game. he can shoot like crazy but if we draft a 3 no way we need him as third string depth there behind pick/jj/kleiza

Comment

I have to agree, if we do draft a SF, I think we have enough depth. If he has the ability to play SG, which I don't think is his strength, then we could look at him to back up DeMar. Not my preference though. Pietrus is an awesome player though, I wish the Raptors didn't veto the trade. On the bright side J.J. has really proved himself this season.

Comment

Even if we don't draft a SF, what does Pietrus bring us that isn't already provided by the combination of JJ and Kleiza?

I think the only reason Colangelo had any interest in Pietrus this season was because Kleiza was injured.

Comment

I don't see why we need him, especially if we draft a wing. He's more valuable to a contender.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Even if we don't draft a SF, what does Pietrus bring us that isn't already provided by the combination of JJ and Kleiza?

I think the only reason Colangelo had any interest in Pietrus this season was because Kleiza was injured.
            + 1. I believe, the pressing need is to sign Nico Batum and draft a PG like Lillard (if we're 9th or lower).
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              all depends on the draft i think. we are all hoping for barnes or even better in my opinion mkg. ive watched a bunch of celtics games this year and it really seems pietrus hits his first 3 of almost every game. he can shoot like crazy but if we draft a 3 no way we need him as third string depth there behind pick/jj/kleiza
              Do you think it would be a good Idea to trade Kleiza if we can sign Pietrus cheap?

Comment

I think we need to set the bar higher than this guy.

Comment

Draft wrote: View Post
                  Do you think it would be a good Idea to trade Kleiza if we can sign Pietrus cheap?
                  no, kleiza can play the 3 and 4. i don't know if pietrus can play multiple positions. i also agree with apollo we should eb looking for tier 1 guys this off season. we have bench and role players galore on this team. we need some talent.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    no, kleiza can play the 3 and 4. i don't know if pietrus can play multiple positions. i also agree with apollo we should eb looking for tier 1 guys this off season. we have bench and role players galore on this team. we need some talent.
                    Agreed. You guys both have it nailed: we need talent. Our role players are adequate at worst. JJ is turning into a great defender. If he irons out some of the careless fouls and the turnovers he's a really solid piece. I don't even mind some of the fouls as it means he's being aggressive and that's his role, just unfortunate for the team sometimes. Kleiza is a pretty good offensive weapon off the bench, rebounds well, can play a team game and has pretty good swagger. In my mind those are 2 pretty good role players. I'd take either over the apparently high-maintenance (according to old coaches) Pietrus, and many other role players. We need a real step up at the perimeter. The very worst we could get to improve would be a guy like Batum, or hope one of the picks Barnes/MKG turns into a real pro pretty fast. I'm not a huge fan of getting an old vet though, even if some may be available or intriguing (S-Jax, G Wallace, etc..), mostly due to long-term plan implications.

Comment

Let's ceez this thread:

no

Comment

Working...
                      X