Nocioni Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocioni Available

One of the Raptors "holes" is a decent back-up small forward. No disrespect to Wright but...

It's been rumoured for some time that Nocioni is available and the Kings need a big man.
    Nocioni is over paid at $7.5m, but he's been a very serviceable SF who can still put up 10 & 4 in less than 24 minutes, play decent defense and can start if needed.

Nocioni contract runs 3 years, declining each season to $6.6m in 11/12.

Evans or Banks & Wright for Nocioni works. Kings are not going to be expecting much for him - he is no longer needed + there's that November DUI thing hanging out there.
    (Minor luxury tax concerns that should be able to be overcome)
    Or Evans + Banks > Nocioni + Rodriguez.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yhqyo4l
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

I've always said that Nocioni would be a great fit for this team, I've watched him play since he was 15 years old and the heart and hustle that he displays on every game are unique. He's my favourite Argentinean player of all time. A great defender, a very good rebounder, who is willing to do anything to get a win. Check Real GM link to see the comments of Wesphaul when he first talked to Nocioni, that describes him as a person and as a player. Former MVP in Europe, former teammate of Scola and Calderon in Tau Cerámica (Now caja laboral).

The only negative side is his contract, but luckly is frountloaded and has a team option in the last season

Raps should take advantage that the Kings are not asking too much in retourn, maybe save some money is enough for them. And they're looking for some big man and with Reggie and Amir we have two who play the same type of game, Reggie + Wright makes sense if they're not willing to take Banks contract

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...o_be_on_block/

Comment

I don't know I rather give Weems more minutes.

Comment

I just can't stand Weems, yes he's very atlethic and that allows him to stay in front of his man on defense, but his shot selection, wow, one of the worst I've ever seen. He's not a good defender, he's atlethic, that's all. Also his basketball IQ is not good and he relies on his Jumpshot too much for such a atlethic player. Plus he's not a fan of passing the basketball, I can stand that on Bargs or Bosh, but no on Weems.

I think the Raps should develope him a little more and then try to trade him for a first round or packing him with a bad contract to get a good back up player

Comment

If Nocioni was available for Banks or Evans ... then I'd definitely be interested in the deal because neither player is up to much. At least Nocioni is a solid rotation player. That's worth ponying up an extra year's pay.

I can't imagine the Kings being willing to do that though ... in which case, I'm not interested in Nocioni because I think he's declined considerably over the last couple of seasons. He's streakier than ever before offensively and his defense has dropped off in a big way. Not worth his paycheck.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

At this point I would trade Hedo for Nocioni and a 1st rounder. We add a little bit of grit and defence - and it gets Bosh, Bargnani, and Derozan more shots.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
              At this point I would trade Hedo for Nocioni and a 1st rounder. We add a little bit of grit and defence - and it gets Bosh, Bargnani, and Derozan more shots.
              As much as I am not feeling Turk right now, noooooooo to that trade idea my friend.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                Raps would need a lot more than that back for Hedo and the Kings are trying to rid of their SF glut not exchange one SF for another.

Comment

Check this Video

This is the best way to represent Nocioni's hustle. Down big, against Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wyaQ10wUI
                  Last edited by Raúl; Fri Jan 22, 2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I hear that Boston wants him in a bad way. Another grit guy to the C#*tics?

Comment

For some reason Nocioni has always been an enigma for Raptor fans and I don't understand why. He's just "more of the same" when it comes to foreign players, he's not the tough Argentinean that Scola or Ginobili are, he's closer to Belinelli.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                        If Nocioni was available for Banks or Evans ... then I'd definitely be interested in the deal because neither player is up to much. At least Nocioni is a solid rotation player. That's worth ponying up an extra year's pay.

I can't imagine the Kings being willing to do that though ... in which case, I'm not interested in Nocioni because I think he's declined considerably over the last couple of seasons. He's streakier than ever before offensively and his defense has dropped off in a big way. Not worth his paycheck.
                        As you say, he does seem to have declined a lot:
                        http://www.basketball-reference.com/...nocioan01.html

Horrible defensively too:
                        http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAC9.HTM#bypos

I guess I'd feel more confident in him knocking down open jumpers than Weems or Wright, though.

This isn't really an impact move, to be honest. Strengthens our bench, but our bench is already a strong point for us.

I'd be willing to give up our 2011s, but not expirings. But I suspect they are looking for more than that..

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          For some reason Nocioni has always been an enigma for Raptor fans and I don't understand why. He's just "more of the same" when it comes to foreign players, he's not the tough Argentinean that Scola or Ginobili are, he's closer to Belinelli.
                          Acctualy is the exact oposite. Nocioni is not talented like Scola or Ginobili or even Delfino but he's the toughest player on the National team, acctualy, his toughness is his best part of his game. He was never a talented player, but his heart, hustle, and atlethic ability are what makes him a NBA player, and a former MVP in Europe

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                            Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            Actually is the exact oposite. Nocioni is not talented like Scola or Ginobili or even Delfino but he's the toughest player on the National team, acctualy, his toughness is his best part of his game. He was never a talented player, but his heart, hustle, and atlethic ability are what makes him a NBA player, and a former MVP in Europe
                            I agree -- Nocioni has tremendous toughness and grit. Highly physical player. It's his best asset as a player. His mental and physical toughness.

It's contagious too. His teammates follow his lead ... more so in previous years than recently due to his decline in other areas.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I hear that Boston wants him in a bad way. Another grit guy to the C#*tics?
                              That would be bad news for everyone else in the East!

Comment

Working...
                              X