BLAIR
    M. BONNER

TO TORONTO:

COREY JOSEPH
    D. MORRIS
    TJ FORD
    LA FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7xzz76q

I think San Antonio would really benefit from this trade. With Duncan expiring this year, they will be able to take on Gasol's salary. Gasol will keep them a strong contender.

LA will get a more talented rotation. A better PG, a good young PF and a good back PF and a good SF. It's not a huge win for them, but I think their roster is better with these players in the rotation.

Toronto gets a draft pick plus some young prospects

Few problems with this trade:

T.J.Ford has retired. poor guy . Always liked him in toronto though. toronto are getting nothing from this deal.

Pau has the same game as Duncan - double double guys with post game. It might not work with Pau and Duncan together unless you go for big aggressive players at other positions - not Ginobili and parker. In short you need Blair.

Comment

I think you can trade a retired players contract. I remember it happened with Keith Van Horn. After this year it will come off the books. I'm not sure of the logistics, but i think there is a way around it.

Duncan and Gasol do have very similar games, but with Duncan's contract done after the season who knows what he plans on doing. They would have very little drop off in talent at the position. Even if Duncan resigns, it will be for a lot less money. They still would be able to sign other pieces. I personally think this trade benefits the Spurs the most.

Comment

LARRY COONS- NBA SALARY CAP FAQ

"
        The league will not automatically approve such trades. This situation is not specifically addressed in the CBA, and the league evaluates such trades on a case-by-case basis. If the player actually intends to report to his new team and resume his career (as happened with both Van Horn and McKie), then the trade would likely be approved. If the player simply intends to keep cashing checks in retirement, then the league would likely view it as circumvention and disallow it."

Source

https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/cbafaq/salarycap.htm#Q55

Scroll to #90

If Ford hasn't officially retired, by signing all the necessary forms than this can still be done.
        Last edited by saints91; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

That's a pretty raw deal for the Lakers. They need a star or borderline star for Gasol. None of those guys that they'd be getting are that.

Comment

If the lakers are getting Dwight they should be doing something like this instead :

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=86stdff

Comment

Working...
            X