Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dominant scorer and superstar

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dominant scorer and superstar

After seeing all the rumorsabout the warrior and monta elis dorell wright wanting to be traded .
    i thing bc should be make and offer to get elis even if it cost derozan and davis i would be alright with It cause elis can score pass the ball and is a superstar (i don't think DD can be that goodand davis and amir are similar and both young)
    the only thing i would not give would be the first round pick unless a swap(their 1st pick for our 1st pick since ours should be higher )what do you think?
    Last edited by ab7; Tue Mar 13th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ab7 wrote: View Post
    After seeing all the rumorsabout the warrior and monta elis dorell wright wanting to be traded .
    i thing bc should be make and offer to get elis even if it cost derozan and davis i would be alright with the only
    thing i would not give would be the first round pick unless a swap(their 1st pick for our 1st pick since our should be higher what do you think?
    Ellis is too one dimensional, doesn't even try defensively, and I believe he's already reached his ceiling. Giving up Demar & Ed? I'm not for it. And he is not a superstar. No where near one. He isn't even an all-star.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Ellis is too one dimensional, doesn't even try defensively, and I believe he's already reached his ceiling. Giving up Demar & Ed? I'm not for it. And he is not a superstar. No where near one. He isn't even an all-star.
    humm i see ur point but the problem we have right now is play making and offense and it so tought being an all star when u play in the west but thanks for the reply
    ed and DD vs wright and elis anyday of the week
    and gs was never a defensive team and i believe in casey

calderon
    elis
    wright
    bargs
    JV

hummmmm

Post Thanks / Like

He's actually a pretty good defender now if he puts his mind to it. The only thing holding him back is his lack of size for his position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    He's actually a pretty good defender now if he puts his mind to it. The only thing holding him back is his lack of size for his position.
    But he is a very strong minded/and strong physical player. That's why his size has never really been a problem, and people always compliment the way he plays just because he is small for his position.

Post Thanks / Like

humm i see ur point but the problem we have right now is play making and offense and it so tought being an all star when u play in the west but thanks for the reply
    ed and DD vs wright and elis anyday of the week
    and gs was never a defensive team and i believe in casey

calderon
    elis
    wright
    bargs
    JV

hummmmm
    Not gonna work, Wright is a downgrade from James Johnson, and with our draft pick supposedly being a small forward, I don't think that would be very good.
    Ellis or Demar conversation could create a big one. But like I said, Demar is a guy who can play well defensively if he is constantly aggressive, and Demar isn't a guy that needs to have the ball in his hands 75% of the time. Ellis is just too one dimensional, sure he is an upgrade offensively, but how well of an upgrade is he towards the team. IMO, I just don't see this team progressing with him as the shooting guard.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ellis is a don't want for me. i want a team. i want players that fit into that team. we want san antonio style here. find players that fit your team. not try to build a team to a player. doesn't work and we get fucked.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    ellis is a don't want for me. i want a team. i want players that fit into that team. we want san antonio style here. find players that fit your team. not try to build a team to a player. doesn't work and we get fucked.
    could not agree more

we have a plan with this team... jv - draft - FA

as I have stated before, there is a certain type of player that (when the opportunity rises) you can scrap that plan for. ellis aint one of those guys. let's not blow it all up for ellis

EDIT: As I wrote this I found out Ellis got traded to the Bucks

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna work, Wright is a downgrade from James Johnson, and with our draft pick supposedly being a small forward, I don't think that would be very good.
    Ellis or Demar conversation could create a big one. But like I said, Demar is a guy who can play well defensively if he is constantly aggressive, and Demar isn't a guy that needs to have the ball in his hands 75% of the time. Ellis is just too one dimensional, sure he is an upgrade offensively, but how well of an upgrade is he towards the team. IMO, I just don't see this team progressing with him as the shooting guard.
    Our draft pick is supposedly a SF?? lol Haven't heard that from anyone in Raps camp, only people on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Our draft pick is supposedly a SF?? lol Haven't heard that from anyone in Raps camp, only people on this board.
    Sorry, our draft pick addresses the need of a small forward.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Ellis is perfect for the Knicks. Small on defense and big on jacking up shots. No Thanks. And yes he is acrobatic. The question is whether he wins games for the team. GS also has an inflated view of his worth ...they want Howard in a deal for him.

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors won't draft someone in the front court, and likely won't be at the spot where pg makes sense. I really would like them to get Harrison Barnes. I know MKG brings tenacity and better defence, but we don't have a guy who I'd give the ball at the end of the game. Barnes I feel could make those big shots. Andrea deserves the ball at the end of a game, but will have the problem Bosh did, with the double teams

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    could not agree more

we have a plan with this team... jv - draft - FA

as I have stated before, there is a certain type of player that (when the opportunity rises) you can scrap that plan for. ellis aint one of those guys. let's not blow it all up for ellis

EDIT: As I wrote this I found out Ellis got traded to the Bucks
    Re the trade....

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/...ce=most_viewed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    The Raptors won't draft someone in the front court, and likely won't be at the spot where pg makes sense. I really would like them to get Harrison Barnes. I know MKG brings tenacity and better defence, but we don't have a guy who I'd give the ball at the end of the game. Barnes I feel could make those big shots. Andrea deserves the ball at the end of a game, but will have the problem Bosh did, with the double teams
    Lol. A front-court consists of a Center, Power Forward, AND a Small forward.

Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Harrison Barnes are small forwards.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i thing bc should be make and offer to get elis even if it cost derozan and davis i would be alright with It cause elis can score pass the ball and is a superstar (i don't think DD can be that goodand davis and amir are similar and both young)
    the only thing i would not give would be the first round pick unless a swap(their 1st pick for our 1st pick since ours should be higher )what do you think?
    Davis is further behind in his development than Amir; however, he is a special talent that I would hate to lose. I would prefer to trade Amir: He looks to me, more like a Reggie Evans type player with developing offensive skills - easier to replace. I would also like to see us load up on whatever very good free agents we can find, (maybe not PF), so we can trade talent/superstar for depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the sake of discussion, look at the Bucks now... with Ellis, who is a player of the week and Udoh, who is a nice prospect with high ceiling and minus the bad rep/contract of Jackson. I'd argue that one of our rivals in the East got stronger. Playing with Jennings in the back court is at the least intriguing...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Andria is too inconsistent and shoots the ball like it's the first quarter, so he is not the guy right now: Bosh was an excellent player but not the guy: Ellis is the guy - he has the killer instinct even with 5 guys on him. They say Barnes doesn't have the killer instinct but might develop it. As long as he can shoot well, I'm good for now!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Bosh did display the characteristics of someone with the killer instinct but was overwhelmed by all the defensive attention - it's not like it's a secret who will take the shot! Will have to agree that he could have been the guy when left open!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Andria is too inconsistent and shoots the ball like it's the first quarter, so he is not the guy right now: Bosh was an excellent player but not the guy: Ellis is the guy - he has the killer instinct even with 5 guys on him. They say Barnes doesn't have the killer instinct but might develop it. As long as he can shoot well, I'm good for now!
    Andrea is too inconsistent? He's our best player.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    I believe Bosh did display the characteristics of someone with the killer instinct but was overwhelmed by all the defensive attention - it's not like it's a secret who will take the shot! Will have to agree that he could have been the guy when left open!
    remember the killer instinct bosh showed when he missed a wide open lay up to put us into the playoffs. bosh was and is an emotional player but not a killer. john wayne gacey never cried when killing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information